|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was thrown on Georgie's head when he was a baby?
(b) Hot coffee.
(d) Scalding milk.
2. Why does Georgie's mother not protect him?
(a) He needs to be stronger.
(b) He needs to see his place in the world.
(c) He needs to be less of a burden.
(d) He needs to accept that people will knock him around.
3. What is Georgie filled with when he leaves the grocery store?
4. Why does Georgie's mother not stop Steve from abusing her son?
(a) She was abused as a child.
(b) She has an abusive nature.
(c) All of these.
(d) She doesn't want to lose Steve.
5. What does Georgie think will happen after the drawing?
(a) His mother will dump Steve.
(b) He will have money.
(c) His life will change.
(d) He will get adopted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade is Georgie supposed to be in at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Ellen ask Georgie to do at the beginning of the book?
3. Why does Georgie get worried about winning the lottery?
4. Who stays by Georgie during the drawing?
5. Why does Georgie make his own lunch when he gets home from the store?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)