|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the Silmarils?
(b) Art supplies.
2. Who were unable to recapture the Silmarils during the siege of two hundred years?
3. What did the Later Annals set the stage for?
4. Thingol was king of _____.
5. Who dwelt near the seas of Valinor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What battle is described better in the QS?
2. What name first occurs in the Silmarillion manuscripts?
3. What was a source for the Creation passages in the Quenta Silmarillion?
4. Which tongue did not change much while the Valdar tongue did change?
5. Which bodies were more mortal, more terrestrial, and less like spirits?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Part II, Chapter 6's content build the framework for the Lord of the Rings?
2. What was the conflict in the year 347?
3. How are the Sun and Moon different in Q and QS?
4. What are some differences between Q and QS manuscripts?
5. What battle is described in Chapter 16 of Part II?
6. How did the Elves name themselves?
7. What changes occurred from the year 300 to 343?
8. What did Morgoth rebuild and create in the world?
9. How did the Elves and Men learn about the world?
10. What are some differences in Q and QS regarding races, such as the Silmarils and Orcs?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)