|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did C.S. Lewis choose to write about in a trilogy?
(c) Space travel.
2. After a discussion about language, what did Albion show an interest in learning?
(c) Time travel.
3. Who was the first King of Numenor?
4. Whom did Albion lose after he got his professorship?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
5. What were the Elder Children of Illuvatar called?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were given limited permission to sail only as far west as Tol-eressea?
2. What job was Albion good at?
3. What story by Tolkien had only the introduction and end?
4. Who was Elros?
5. In what year did Tolkien recount a discussion he had with C.S. Lewis, where they decided who would write stories about two of the big "plot devices" of the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the world of Valinor like in the year 1000?
2. When did the Moon and Sun arise?
3. Why did Albion's father discuss Anglo-Saxon with him?
4. How did the Annals begin, and who were the offspring that arose?
5. What were the two changes that arose as the Sun appeared?
6. What are some new terms introduced in the text of Part 1, Chapter 2?
7. What happened in the year 1050?
8. What was the first generation of the Sun?
9. How did Albion retain his interest in languages while teaching, and how did it affect him?
10. What manuscripts does Part Two contain?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)