|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many years did bliss rule while Morgoth was dark?
2. The Powers that came into the world include ______.
(a) Illuvatar, Ulmo, Aule, Orome, Tolkien, Osse, Mandos, Lorien, and Melko.
(b) Valar, Ulmo, Aule, Orome, Tulkas, Osse, Mandos, Lorien, and Tolkien.
(c) Manwe, Vala, Aule, Orome, Tulkas, Osse, Mandos, Lorien, and Illuvatar.
(d) Manwe, Ulmo, Aule, Orome, Tulkas, Osse, Mandos, Lorien, and Melko.
3. Who was the the Elf-king in Beleriand?
4. What were the Elder Children of Illuvatar called?
5. After a discussion about language, what did Albion show an interest in learning?
(d) Time travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. For Albion, what became more frequent, absorbing, and linguistic over time?
2. How many years younger was Tolkien to the character whose biography resembles his own?
3. What did Tolkien intend to write a new version of?
4. Which manuscript was set aside when the material was sent out for publication?
5. When Audion finally asked Albion if he wanted to undertake the journey prescribed by Elendil, what did Albion do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Audion, Albion's son, described in Chapter 4 of Part 1?
2. What happened when Fingolfin led his people to Middle-Earth?
3. What are some differences in the early and later documents?
4. Why did Albion's father discuss Anglo-Saxon with him?
5. What happened in the year 1050?
6. What are some new terms introduced in the text of Part 1, Chapter 2?
7. How did the Valar count time?
8. When did the Moon and Sun arise?
9. What does the early document show about the Numerorean interest in life?
10. How was the world of Valinor built?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)