|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who would act as eyes according to Elendil?
2. How many years are in an age of the Valar?
3. What did Albion call visions of an alien world?
4. Who were given limited permission to sail only as far west as Tol-eressea?
(a) The Lovelanders.
(b) The Numenoreans.
(c) The Andunies.
(d) The Roadguns.
5. What were the Vanimor?
(a) Tall people.
(b) Strong people.
(c) Lesser spirits.
(d) Difficult people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of the Numenoreans was attributed only to the Valar as a gift?
2. Who made the pillars on which the lamps that light the world were placed?
3. What languages were not considered classical?
4. Which version of The Annals of Valinor is a clear manuscript with few changes from the previous version?
5. How many years younger was Tolkien to the character whose biography resembles his own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the significant royal relationships among the Numeroreans?
2. How did the Annals begin, and who were the offspring that arose?
3. What happened in the year 1050?
4. What was the world of Valinor like in the year 1000?
5. What happened when Fingolfin led his people to Middle-Earth?
6. How did two plot devices affect the writings of Lewis and Tolkien?
7. What were the two changes that arose as the Sun appeared?
8. How did Albion's interest in languages begin?
9. How did Albion retain his interest in languages while teaching, and how did it affect him?
10. What languages did Albion learn?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)