|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tolkien intend to write a new version of?
(a) The Atlantis legend.
(b) The Official legend.
(c) The Narrator legend.
(d) The Transportation legend.
2. The Annals of Valinor begins with _____.
(a) Time Travel.
(b) Space Travel.
(c) Valian Year Zero.
(d) Lost Road.
3. What did C.S. Lewis choose to write about in a trilogy?
(d) Space travel.
4. Elendil explained to Herendil that the _____ wished to set foot into the far West to conquer new realms for the race and be masters of the World.
5. How many years are in an age of the Valar?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discussed the Germanic people known for their ferocity?
2. What were the two trees the Valinor created made of?
3. What was Tolkien's son's name?
4. How many trees did the Valinor create?
5. Whose return was mentioned in some manuscripts and ignored in others?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the original outline of the Downfall of Numenor in Part 1, Chapter 2?
2. When did the Moon and Sun arise?
3. What were the two changes that arose as the Sun appeared?
4. How did the Valar count time?
5. What was the Downfall of Numenor about?
6. What does the early document show about the Numerorean interest in life?
7. How did the Annals begin, and who were the offspring that arose?
8. What happened in the year 1050?
9. What manuscripts does Part Two contain?
10. How did Albion's interest in languages begin?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)