|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decided to weave his own thoughts into the music?
2. What did Melko make that created disharmony and made Illuvatar weep?
(a) A loud bleep.
(b) A war of sound.
(c) A horn.
(d) A letter and a stone.
3. What did Iluvatar teach the Ainur?
(a) Musical themes.
4. What were the Elves called that were led by Orome?
5. What did the Later Annals set the stage for?
6. Which clans were reunited and their disputes settled, after the first fifty years of the Sun?
7. Who were unable to recapture the Silmarils during the siege of two hundred years?
8. Who helped the Elves of the Falas rebuild their Havens?
9. By whose hand did the Dwarves come forth?
10. Where did Men awake, replacing Eruman in Q, in chapter 7?
11. Thingol was king of _____.
12. Which two versions have different maps described by Christopher Tolkien?
(a) Q and Angband.
(b) Ambarkanta and Felagund.
(c) Q and QS.
(d) QS and the Ambarkanta.
13. In Q, the Valar are explained in what tense?
(a) Future conditional.
14. In the late 200s, who came to power and attempted to stop Morgoth?
15. Who took a third of Fingolfin's Gnomes and disappeared to Gondolin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Iluvatar give the Ainur from which they made a harmony?
2. In QS, whose early fortress is now named Angband?
3. Where did the Noldorian Elves roam for the first fifty years of the Sun?
4. What siege lasted for more than two hundred years?
5. What did the greatest of the Ainur take on as they taught the Elves and Men?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)