|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who created the Elves and the Men?
2. What manuscript is contained in Chapter 6?
(a) Quenta Silmarillion.
3. What was taken from Maidros in 304?
(a) A Silmarils.
(b) Elfish books.
(c) An SOS.
(d) A key.
4. What did Iluvatar give the Ainur from which they made a harmony?
(a) A mighty theme.
(b) A backpacker guitar.
(c) A piano.
(d) A flute.
5. Which clans were reunited and their disputes settled, after the first fifty years of the Sun?
6. Which seige in QS is described differently from in the Annals?
7. In QS, the Light-elves are changed to what?
8. The story of the discovery of _____ by Inglor and Turgon is derived from the Annals of Beleriand.
(a) Gleeland and Margotland.
(b) Elfland and Priestland.
(c) Maidros and Evelyn.
(d) Nargothrond and Gondolin.
9. Which creatures did Morgoth send into Beleriand?
10. The Later Annals and ______ is the second manuscript of its type mentioned in Part Two.
(a) Tolkien land.
(d) Lost Road.
11. Who dwelt near the seas of Valinor?
12. In Q, what are called Ranan and Ur?
(a) The Moon and Sun.
(b) The Earth and Water.
(c) The Sun and Earth.
(d) The Moon and Water.
13. Who took a third of Fingolfin's Gnomes and disappeared to Gondolin?
14. What siege lasted for more than two hundred years?
15. What name first occurs in the Silmarillion manuscripts?
Short Answer Questions
1. No matter how hard Melko tried to destroy it, Iluvatar would always use his discord to create _____.
2. What was a source for the Creation passages in the Quenta Silmarillion?
3. What did Morgoth release during the second age?
4. Which men were controlled by Morgoth before they came to Beleriand?
5. What did the Valar use to name and glorify things in the world?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)