|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which men were controlled by Morgoth before they came to Beleriand?
2. Who helped the Elves of the Falas rebuild their Havens?
3. What was taken from Maidros in 304?
(a) Elfish books.
(b) A Silmarils.
(c) A key.
(d) An SOS.
4. Which two versions have different maps described by Christopher Tolkien?
(a) Ambarkanta and Felagund.
(b) Q and Angband.
(c) Q and QS.
(d) QS and the Ambarkanta.
5. What were the Silmarils?
(b) Art supplies.
6. What siege lasted for more than two hundred years?
7. In QS, the Light-elves are changed to what?
8. What kind of tables are associated with both A and B versions of the account of tongues?
9. In QS, what characters are not mockeries of the Elves?
10. What kinds of trees that came after Laurelin and Silpion had different names in Q than QS?
11. Which creatures did Morgoth send into Beleriand?
12. Who fled from the land of the Valar with the Silmarils?
13. In the late 200s, who came to power and attempted to stop Morgoth?
14. What did Tolkien write about when the QS came back from the publishers in 1937?
(a) The Gnomes.
(b) The Orcs.
(c) The Dwarves.
(d) The Hobbits.
15. What did the Later Annals set the stage for?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many houses of men multiplied in the second age?
2. In Q, the Valar are explained in what tense?
3. What did Iluvatar give the Ainur from which they made a harmony?
4. What city is similar to the Elvish city in Valinor?
5. Who decided to weave his own thoughts into the music?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)