|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thingol was king of _____.
2. Who were unable to recapture the Silmarils during the siege of two hundred years?
3. What did Morgoth release during the second age?
4. What two towns were built before the Dwarves came forth?
(a) Elf land and Gondor.
(b) Turgon and Morgoth.
(c) Nargothrond and Gondolin.
(d) Dwarf land and Elf land.
5. Which clans were reunited and their disputes settled, after the first fifty years of the Sun?
6. What were the five types of speech developed by the Noldor?
(a) Mithrim, Gondolin, Nargothrond, Himring, and the thrall-Gnomes.
(b) Mithrim, Gondolin, Terendi, Himring, and the thrall-Gnomes
(c) Mithrim, Terendi, Nargothrond, Himring, and the thrall-Gnomes.
(d) Mithrim, Gondolin, Nargothrond, Himring, and Ilkorian.
7. In what year were Hurin and Huor born?
8. To whom did the Silmarils belong?
9. By whose hand did the Dwarves come forth?
10. The Later Annals and ______ is the second manuscript of its type mentioned in Part Two.
(c) Lost Road.
(d) Tolkien land.
11. Who were the greatest powers among the Ainur?
(a) Jason, James, Eric, and Jan.
(b) Tolkien, Christopher, Lewis, and Mark.
(c) Valar, Valinor, Varma, and Vallya.
(d) Melko, Manwe, Ulmo, and Aule.
12. Who marched into Mithrim as the first sun rose in QS?
13. What siege lasted for more than two hundred years?
14. Which creatures did Morgoth send into Beleriand?
15. What name first occurs in the Silmarillion manuscripts?
Short Answer Questions
1. What battle is described better in the QS?
2. What is another name for the Noldorian Elves?
3. What city is similar to the Elvish city in Valinor?
4. What kind of tables are associated with both A and B versions of the account of tongues?
5. After what event did the first Annals begin?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)