|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Albion wish existed, so he could travel back in time?
(a) A railroad station.
(b) A time machine.
(c) A boat.
(d) A naval yard.
2. What was NOT a new term introduced in the manuscript about the globe?
3. What earlier manuscript is mentioned in Part Two?
(a) Quenta Noldorinwa.
(b) Valar of Annui.
(c) Music of the Ainur.
(d) Annals of Valinor.
4. Whose theology does Elendil explain to Herendil?
(d) First Temple.
5. What was characteristic of the First Age built around the destruction of the trees?
6. What did C.S. Lewis choose to write about in a trilogy?
(d) Space travel.
7. What was Tolkien's son's name?
8. What were the Vanimor?
(a) Lesser spirits.
(b) Tall people.
(c) Strong people.
(d) Difficult people.
9. Who was the the Elf-king in Beleriand?
10. When the pillars were broken, what did the Gods make, surrounding it with mountains?
(a) Love pots.
11. When the Trees were destroyed, what did the Gods make?
(a) The Moon and Sun.
(b) The Earth and Woman.
(c) The Sun and Water.
(d) The Moon and Earth.
12. Who was the first King of Numenor?
13. When Morgoth moved north, what was broken between the earth and water?
14. The Annals of Valinor begins with _____.
(a) Space Travel.
(b) Valian Year Zero.
(c) Lost Road.
(d) Time Travel.
15. Which version of The Annals of Valinor is a clear manuscript with few changes from the previous version?
Short Answer Questions
1. What languages did Albion enjoy learning?
2. Which gates reappeared from the Lost Tales?
3. Which document showed the Numenoreans interested in long life?
4. The Valar did not measure time until what was completed?
5. Which evil person was mentioned in the second manuscript?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)