|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Audion?
(a) The Silmarion Prince.
(b) The Master apprentice.
(c) The Guiding Light.
(d) The Lombard King.
2. What did Tolkien choose to write about in a trilogy?
(b) Time travel.
3. Who made the pillars on which the lamps that light the world were placed?
4. What did Morgoth do to the Elder Children of Illuvatar?
(a) Seize them.
(b) Teach them.
(c) Scold them.
(d) Corrupt them.
5. Whose return was mentioned in some manuscripts and ignored in others?
6. How many years are in an age of the Valar?
7. What were the two trees called that the Valinor created?
(a) Laurelin and Silpion.
(b) Priest and Priestley.
(c) Marcus and McArthur.
(d) Tolkein and Jezebel.
8. What were the Germanic people known for their ferocity called?
9. What is another name for the Powers that came into the world of Valinor?
10. Who was the first King of Numenor?
11. Who would act as eyes according to Elendil?
12. Which manuscript was set aside when the material was sent out for publication?
(a) Valar of Annui.
(b) Annals of Valinor.
(d) Music of the Ainur.
13. What followed the second manuscript?
(a) A book.
(b) A letter.
(c) A leaflet.
(d) A typescript.
14. What were the 2 plot devices Tolkien discussed with C.S. Lewis?
(a) Space travel and time travel.
(b) Blood and guts.
(c) Allegory and symbolism.
(d) Love and war.
15. What was the final scene that shows the legend that Tolkien intended to write about?
(a) The Death of Love.
(b) The Beginning of Paradise.
(c) The Rise of Avalon.
(d) The Downfall of Numenor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Part Two contains ALL of the following except _____.
2. What aspect of the Numenoreans was attributed only to the Valar as a gift?
3. What job was Albion good at?
4. What languages were not considered classical?
5. When the pillars were broken, what did the Gods make, surrounding it with mountains?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)