|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the the Elf-king in Beleriand?
2. What kind of leader was Manwe?
3. What did Oswin wish he was, so he could travel with Albion?
4. What were the 2 plot devices Tolkien discussed with C.S. Lewis?
(a) Allegory and symbolism.
(b) Blood and guts.
(c) Love and war.
(d) Space travel and time travel.
5. Who made the pillars on which the lamps that light the world were placed?
6. What setting is Tolkien most known for?
(a) Lost Road.
(c) Middle Earth.
7. What did C.S. Lewis choose to write about in a trilogy?
(c) Space travel.
8. What were the Elder Children of Illuvatar called?
9. What followed the second manuscript?
(a) A leaflet.
(b) A typescript.
(c) A letter.
(d) A book.
10. With whom was Oswin having a conversation?
(a) His student.
(b) His son.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
11. What was characteristic of the First Age built around the destruction of the trees?
12. Who was mentioned in the typescript?
13. Who grew old forests?
14. When Audion finally asked Albion if he wanted to undertake the journey prescribed by Elendil, what did Albion do?
(a) Run away.
15. The Valar did not measure time until what was completed?
(c) VMF - 290.
(d) VMF - 245.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Tolkien write about the legend?
2. What aspect of the Numenoreans was attributed only to the Valar as a gift?
3. Who became lustful, proud, violent, and evil?
4. What could Albion have been named in different languages?
5. Who wrote the second manuscript?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)