|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What earlier manuscript is mentioned in Part Two?
(a) Annals of Valinor.
(b) Music of the Ainur.
(c) Valar of Annui.
(d) Quenta Noldorinwa.
2. What aspect of the Numenoreans was attributed only to the Valar as a gift?
3. Whom did Albion lose after he got his professorship?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His father.
4. What was characteristic of the First Age built around the destruction of the trees?
5. What did Albion call visions of an alien world?
6. What were the two trees called that the Valinor created?
(a) Tolkein and Jezebel.
(b) Marcus and McArthur.
(c) Priest and Priestley.
(d) Laurelin and Silpion.
7. What were the Vanimor?
(a) Strong people.
(b) Difficult people.
(c) Lesser spirits.
(d) Tall people.
8. Who did Albion name his son after?
(a) His father.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
9. Who was Audion?
(a) The Guiding Light.
(b) The Master apprentice.
(c) The Lombard King.
(d) The Silmarion Prince.
10. Who encouraged the Numenoreans to reach out beyond their borders?
11. When the pillars were broken, what did the Gods make, surrounding it with mountains?
(a) Love pots.
12. What could Albion have been named in different languages?
(b) Lover Boy.
(c) Strong Fellow.
13. When the Trees were destroyed, what did the Gods make?
(a) The Moon and Earth.
(b) The Earth and Woman.
(c) The Sun and Water.
(d) The Moon and Sun.
14. Who was the first King of Numenor?
15. How many trees did the Valinor create?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which document showed the Numenoreans interested in long life?
2. The Valarindi are children created from ______.
3. Whose biography bears similarities to Tolkien's own life?
4. The Valar did not measure time until what was completed?
5. What story by Tolkien had only the introduction and end?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)