|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Valinor and Middle-Earth before The Lord of the Rings, Chapter 6, Quenta Silmarillion, Part Three, The Etymologies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the Younger Children of Illuvatar?
2. Who asks forgiveness for desertion after Feanor's death?
3. What did Albion wish existed, so he could travel back in time?
(a) A railroad station.
(b) A naval yard.
(c) A time machine.
(d) A boat.
4. Which men were controlled by Morgoth before they came to Beleriand?
5. What speech was used by the Valar to communicate with all the Elves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What followed the second manuscript?
2. What were the 2 plot devices Tolkien discussed with C.S. Lewis?
3. What was characteristic of the First Age built around the destruction of the trees?
4. What languages were not considered classical?
5. Whose biography bears similarities to Tolkien's own life?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)