|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Valinor and Middle-Earth before The Lord of the Rings, Chapters 4-5, Ainulindale, The Lhammas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Earendel the Bright born to Tuor and Idril in Gondolin?
2. Who fled from the land of the Valar with the Silmarils?
3. Which version of The Annals of Valinor is a clear manuscript with few changes from the previous version?
4. What speech was used by the Valar to communicate with all the Elves?
5. What could Albion have been named in different languages?
(a) Strong Fellow.
(c) Lover Boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Melko make that created disharmony and made Illuvatar weep?
2. What did Albion call visions of an alien world?
3. How old was Albion when Oswin thought his interest in languages was a waste of time?
4. When Morgoth moved north, what was broken between the earth and water?
5. What did Tolkien choose to write about in a trilogy?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)