|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Valinor and Middle-Earth before The Lord of the Rings, Chapters 4-5, Ainulindale, The Lhammas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many houses of men multiplied in the second age?
2. The Annals of Valinor begins with _____.
(a) Valian Year Zero.
(b) Space Travel.
(c) Lost Road.
(d) Time Travel.
3. To whom did the Silmarils belong?
4. In what year were Hurin and Huor born?
5. What did Tolkien intend to write a new version of?
(a) The Atlantis legend.
(b) The Official legend.
(c) The Narrator legend.
(d) The Transportation legend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What earlier manuscript is mentioned in Part Two?
2. What year did Tolkien write about the legend?
3. What were the Silmarils?
4. What aspect of the Numenoreans was attributed only to the Valar as a gift?
5. What is another name for the "Account of Tongues"?
This section contains 133 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)