|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Valinor and Middle-Earth before The Lord of the Rings, Chapter 3, The Later Annals of Beleriand.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discussed the Germanic people known for their ferocity?
2. Whom did Albion lose after he got his professorship?
(a) His father.
(b) His wife.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
3. What was the final scene that shows the legend that Tolkien intended to write about?
(a) The Death of Love.
(b) The Downfall of Numenor.
(c) The Rise of Avalon.
(d) The Beginning of Paradise.
4. Who were given limited permission to sail only as far west as Tol-eressea?
(a) The Numenoreans.
(b) The Andunies.
(c) The Roadguns.
(d) The Lovelanders.
5. In what year were Hurin and Huor born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ruled Beleriand by 340?
2. What does not come to Valinor?
3. What languages did Albion enjoy learning?
4. The Valarindi are children created from ______.
5. Who made the pillars on which the lamps that light the world were placed?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)