|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Valinor and Middle-Earth before The Lord of the Rings, Chapters 1-2, The Texts and Their Relations, The Later Annals of Valinor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Powers that came into the world include ______.
(a) Manwe, Vala, Aule, Orome, Tulkas, Osse, Mandos, Lorien, and Illuvatar.
(b) Illuvatar, Ulmo, Aule, Orome, Tolkien, Osse, Mandos, Lorien, and Melko.
(c) Manwe, Ulmo, Aule, Orome, Tulkas, Osse, Mandos, Lorien, and Melko.
(d) Valar, Ulmo, Aule, Orome, Tulkas, Osse, Mandos, Lorien, and Tolkien.
2. How many trees did the Valinor create?
3. How many Sun years have the Valar come into existence in the present day?
4. When the Trees were destroyed, what did the Gods make?
(a) The Sun and Water.
(b) The Moon and Sun.
(c) The Moon and Earth.
(d) The Earth and Woman.
5. What languages were not considered classical?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the final scene that shows the legend that Tolkien intended to write about?
2. How many years are in an age of the Valar?
3. Who made the World into a globe?
4. What occurred in the Great Sea appeared east of Tol-eressea?
5. What job was Albion good at?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)