|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Valinor and Middle-Earth before The Lord of the Rings, Chapters 1-2, The Texts and Their Relations, The Later Annals of Valinor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the the Elf-king in Beleriand?
2. What were the ships west of the isle drawn into?
(a) A dungeon.
(b) A hold.
(c) An abyss.
(d) A tidepool.
3. What did Oswin wish he was, so he could travel with Albion?
4. Whose theology does Elendil explain to Herendil?
(c) First Temple.
5. What were the Vanimor?
(a) Tall people.
(b) Difficult people.
(c) Lesser spirits.
(d) Strong people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the final scene that shows the legend that Tolkien intended to write about?
2. Who made lamps that light the world on pillars?
3. What languages did Albion enjoy learning?
4. What does not come to Valinor?
5. Which evil person was mentioned in the second manuscript?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)