|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Valinor and Middle-Earth before The Lord of the Rings, Chapters 1-2, The Texts and Their Relations, The Later Annals of Valinor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the second version of The Fall of Numenor, what was the manuscript?
2. For Albion, what became more frequent, absorbing, and linguistic over time?
3. Elendil explained to Herendil that the _____ wished to set foot into the far West to conquer new realms for the race and be masters of the World.
4. What does not come to Valinor?
5. When Morgoth moved north, what was broken between the earth and water?
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of the Numenoreans was attributed only to the Valar as a gift?
2. What story by Tolkien had only the introduction and end?
3. What did Tolkien choose to write about in a trilogy?
4. Whose return was mentioned in some manuscripts and ignored in others?
5. Who wrote the second manuscript?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)