|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Valinor and Middle-Earth before The Lord of the Rings, Chapters 1-2, The Texts and Their Relations, The Later Annals of Valinor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which gates reappeared from the Lost Tales?
(a) Of Evening.
(b) Of Death.
(c) Of Morning.
(d) Of Life.
2. The Powers that came into the world include ______.
(a) Manwe, Ulmo, Aule, Orome, Tulkas, Osse, Mandos, Lorien, and Melko.
(b) Manwe, Vala, Aule, Orome, Tulkas, Osse, Mandos, Lorien, and Illuvatar.
(c) Valar, Ulmo, Aule, Orome, Tulkas, Osse, Mandos, Lorien, and Tolkien.
(d) Illuvatar, Ulmo, Aule, Orome, Tolkien, Osse, Mandos, Lorien, and Melko.
3. How old was Albion when Oswin thought his interest in languages was a waste of time?
4. What story by Tolkien had only the introduction and end?
(a) The Lord of the Rings.
(b) Tolkien's Musings.
(c) The Lost Road.
(d) Language and Legend.
5. Who is the All Father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the second manuscript?
2. Where was Elendil from?
3. In comparison to others, what spiritual inclination did Manwe have?
4. What were the Vanimor?
5. Who grew old forests?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)