|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Valinor and Middle-Earth before The Lord of the Rings, Chapters 1-2, The Texts and Their Relations, The Later Annals of Valinor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Audion?
(a) The Lombard King.
(b) The Master apprentice.
(c) The Guiding Light.
(d) The Silmarion Prince.
2. Who was Earendel and Elwing's only child?
3. What followed the second manuscript?
(a) A leaflet.
(b) A book.
(c) A typescript.
(d) A letter.
4. Who made the World into a globe?
5. What languages did Albion enjoy learning?
(a) French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and German.
(b) Latin, Greek, Old English, Norse, Welsh, and Irish.
(c) Latin, Greek, Italian, German, and French.
(d) Russian, English, Greek, Latin, Welsh, and French.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years did bliss rule while Morgoth was dark?
2. Initially, Numenoreans had no temples, but then they built one for _____.
3. Who was mentioned in the typescript?
4. What is another name for the Powers that came into the world of Valinor?
5. Who would act as ears according to Elendil?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)