|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Fall of Numenor and the Lost Road, Chapters 1-2, The Early History of the Legend, The Fall of Numenor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Tolkien write about the legend?
2. What were the 2 plot devices Tolkien discussed with C.S. Lewis?
(a) Love and war.
(b) Allegory and symbolism.
(c) Space travel and time travel.
(d) Blood and guts.
3. What followed the second manuscript?
(a) A typescript.
(b) A leaflet.
(c) A letter.
(d) A book.
4. What did Tolkien choose to write about in a trilogy?
(c) Time travel.
5. In what year did Tolkien recount a discussion he had with C.S. Lewis, where they decided who would write stories about two of the big "plot devices" of the day?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made the World into a globe?
2. What did Tolkien intend to write a new version of?
3. Who was Earendel and Elwing's only child?
4. Who wrote the second manuscript?
5. What was the final scene that shows the legend that Tolkien intended to write about?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)