|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Fall of Numenor and the Lost Road, Chapters 1-2, The Early History of the Legend, The Fall of Numenor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which gates reappeared from the Lost Tales?
(a) Of Morning.
(b) Of Death.
(c) Of Evening.
(d) Of Life.
2. Who were given limited permission to sail only as far west as Tol-eressea?
(a) The Andunies.
(b) The Numenoreans.
(c) The Lovelanders.
(d) The Roadguns.
3. Who was Earendel and Elwing's only child?
4. What setting is Tolkien most known for?
(c) Lost Road.
(d) Middle Earth.
5. What was NOT a new term introduced in the manuscript about the globe?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the second version of The Fall of Numenor, what was the manuscript?
2. Which evil person was mentioned in the second manuscript?
3. What were the ships west of the isle drawn into?
4. Whose return was mentioned in some manuscripts and ignored in others?
5. In what year did Tolkien recount a discussion he had with C.S. Lewis, where they decided who would write stories about two of the big "plot devices" of the day?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)