|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Fall of Numenor and the Lost Road, Chapters 1-2, The Early History of the Legend, The Fall of Numenor.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Elros?
(a) Brother of Elrond.
(b) Child of Eric.
(c) Mother of Elsie.
(d) Sister of Elder.
2. What setting is Tolkien most known for?
(c) Lost Road.
(d) Middle Earth.
3. What aspect of the Numenoreans was attributed only to the Valar as a gift?
4. What was Tolkien's son's name?
5. Who wrote the second manuscript?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Numenoreans not obsessed with?
2. In what year did Tolkien recount a discussion he had with C.S. Lewis, where they decided who would write stories about two of the big "plot devices" of the day?
3. What was NOT a new term introduced in the manuscript about the globe?
4. Who was the first King of Numenor?
5. What followed the second manuscript?
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)