|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Valinor and Middle-Earth before The Lord of the Rings, Chapters 4-5, Ainulindale, The Lhammas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the greatest powers among the Ainur?
(a) Jason, James, Eric, and Jan.
(b) Melko, Manwe, Ulmo, and Aule.
(c) Valar, Valinor, Varma, and Vallya.
(d) Tolkien, Christopher, Lewis, and Mark.
2. Whose biography bears similarities to Tolkien's own life?
3. What job was Albion good at?
4. Who ruled Beleriand by 340?
5. Part Two contains ALL of the following except _____.
(a) Valar of Annui.
(b) Annals of Valinor.
(c) Music of the Ainur.
(d) The Silmarillion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for the Noldorian Elves?
2. What languages were not considered classical?
3. What did the Void apparently contain that some of the Ainur were looking for?
4. What did Melko make that created disharmony and made Illuvatar weep?
5. What followed the second manuscript?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)