|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fall of Numenor and The Lost Road, Chapter 3, The Lost Road.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was NOT a new term introduced in the manuscript about the globe?
2. What was the language Albion remembered in a vision as a boy?
3. What were the 2 plot devices Tolkien discussed with C.S. Lewis?
(a) Space travel and time travel.
(b) Love and war.
(c) Allegory and symbolism.
(d) Blood and guts.
4. What did Albion wish was longer, so he could study languages?
(a) His vacation.
(b) His school.
(c) His life.
(d) His rental.
5. What did Oswin wish he was, so he could travel with Albion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the final scene that shows the legend that Tolkien intended to write about?
2. Who was the first King of Numenor?
3. What did Tolkien intend to write a new version of?
4. Who was mentioned in the typescript?
5. In what year did Tolkien recount a discussion he had with C.S. Lewis, where they decided who would write stories about two of the big "plot devices" of the day?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)