|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Valinor and Middle-Earth before The Lord of the Rings, Chapter 3, The Later Annals of Beleriand.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job was Albion good at?
2. What story by Tolkien had only the introduction and end?
(a) The Lord of the Rings.
(b) Tolkien's Musings.
(c) Language and Legend.
(d) The Lost Road.
3. What is another name for the Powers that came into the world of Valinor?
4. In comparison to others, what spiritual inclination did Manwe have?
(a) He was agnostic.
(b) He was holy.
(c) He was fanatical.
(d) He was demonic.
5. The Later Annals and ______ is the second manuscript of its type mentioned in Part Two.
(b) Tolkien land.
(c) Lost Road.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a discussion about language, what did Albion show an interest in learning?
2. Which version of The Annals of Valinor is a clear manuscript with few changes from the previous version?
3. Elendil explained to Herendil that the _____ wished to set foot into the far West to conquer new realms for the race and be masters of the World.
4. When the pillars were broken, what did the Gods make, surrounding it with mountains?
5. What is another name for the Noldorian Elves?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)