|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Valinor and Middle-Earth before The Lord of the Rings, Chapters 4-5, Ainulindale, The Lhammas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In comparison to others, what spiritual inclination did Manwe have?
(a) He was holy.
(b) He was agnostic.
(c) He was demonic.
(d) He was fanatical.
2. What were the three groups of the Quendi called?
(a) Music, art, and writing.
(b) Orc, Light, and Dark.
(c) Fair, dark, and middle.
(d) Lindar, the Noldor, and the Teleri.
3. Whom did Albion lose after he got his professorship?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
4. What did Iluvatar give the Ainur from which they made a harmony?
(a) A mighty theme.
(b) A flute.
(c) A backpacker guitar.
(d) A piano.
5. Who encouraged the Numenoreans to reach out beyond their borders?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Albion wish was longer, so he could study languages?
2. Who would act as eyes according to Elendil?
3. What did the greatest of the Ainur take on as they taught the Elves and Men?
4. What did the Valar use to name and glorify things in the world?
5. Who brought the Ainur into the world and placed the secret Fire of Life in the heart of the World?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)