|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Valinor and Middle-Earth before The Lord of the Rings, Chapters 4-5, Ainulindale, The Lhammas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Melko make that created disharmony and made Illuvatar weep?
(a) A loud bleep.
(b) A war of sound.
(c) A letter and a stone.
(d) A horn.
2. What could Albion have been named in different languages?
(b) Strong Fellow.
(c) Lover Boy.
3. Who dwelt near the seas of Valinor?
4. What did the greatest of the Ainur take on as they taught the Elves and Men?
5. What was the speech of the survivors of the free Elves of Beleriand?
Short Answer Questions
1. What languages did Albion enjoy learning?
2. Which tongue did not change much while the Valdar tongue did change?
3. Which manuscript was set aside when the material was sent out for publication?
4. What was the language Albion remembered in a vision as a boy?
5. What kind of tables are associated with both A and B versions of the account of tongues?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)