Part I, The Fall of Numenor and the Lost Road, Chapters 1-2, The Early History of the Legend, The Fall of Numenor
1. In what year did Tolkien recount a discussion he had with C.S. Lewis, where they decided who would write stories about two of the big "plot devices" of the day?
2. What were the 2 plot devices Tolkien discussed with C.S. Lewis?
(a) Allegory and symbolism.
(b) Blood and guts.
(c) Love and war.
(d) Space travel and time travel.
3. What did C.S. Lewis choose to write about in a trilogy?
(d) Space travel.
4. What did Tolkien choose to write about in a trilogy?
(a) Time travel.
5. What did Tolkien intend to write a new version of?
(a) The Narrator legend.
(b) The Official legend.
(c) The Atlantis legend.
(d) The Transportation legend.
6. What was the final scene that shows the legend that Tolkien intended to write about?
(a) The Death of Love.
(b) The Downfall of Numenor.
(c) The Beginning of Paradise.
(d) The Rise of Avalon.
7. What was Tolkien's son's name?
This section contains 2,897 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)