Part I, The Fall of Numenor and the Lost Road, Chapters 1-2, The Early History of the Legend, The Fall of Numenor
• The Downfall of Numenor or the Lost Road written in 1936 contains the cycle of a father and son, with one loyal to the Valar and the other loyal to the High-elves.
• Only one complete manuscript exists.
• A second manuscript on the history of Numenor was called The Last Tale: The Fall of Numenor. The term Middle-Earth is first used in this text.
• Part 1, Chapter 2 presents the original outline of The Fall of Numenor.
• The document that was reproduced starts the legend of Numenor and the beginning of the story of The Silmarillion into the World's Second Age.
• In this story, the World is made a globe by the Valar.
• The text introduces a number of new ideas, such as the term Numenor and the name Andunie...
This section contains 2,676 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)