|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Miss Roberta Brinklow?
2. If they cannot have guides out of the mountain, what does Mallinson demand next?
3. On board the ship to Honolulu, what does Conway play on the piano?
4. What sound do they hear as they climb?
5. How does the plane eventually land?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the amenities at the guest quarters of the lamasery?
2. What do the other passengers appreciate about Conway?
3. What does Miss Brinklow say she has heard about Tibetans?
4. Explain the speculation about where they are while in the air after refueling.
5. What was going on that leads up to the hijacking of the plane?
6. What is the conversation Chang and Conway have?
7. How are the men carrying the old man dressed?
8. How is Mallinson bothered a second time on the flight?
9. How does Mallinson interrupt the conversation at dinner?
10. Describe what the conditions are like for the stranded passengers that night.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on age as a state of mind rather than mere chronology. Discuss how certain young people seem old and many old people seem to be perpetually young. Explain what you think mental attitude has to do with the aging process.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on exploring. Using the American hiker as an example, discuss the most interesting and exciting things you feel about trekking in unexplored areas. Tell where you would like to explore. Is it on earth or in outer space?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about how you would feel surrounded by great art, music, and literature without having to work for a living and having all the time you need to enjoy those things. In your essay detail the art, music, and literature you would want to have in your collection.
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)