|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Conway excited about meeting the High Lama?
(a) to ask to join the order
(b) to see if his theories are correct
(c) to see inside the lamasery
(d) to ask for permission to leave
2. What is Mallinson unable to do?
(a) carry the gold he has taken
(b) get out of the mountain pass alone
(c) find his way to Lo-Tsen
(d) get Barnard to go with him
3. What is Miss Brinklow's interest in the valley?
(a) their dress shops
(b) their diets
(c) their religions
(d) their public schools
4. What does Mallinson insist is their responsibility?
(a) to help catch Bryant
(b) to escape from their prison
(c) to help Barnard avoid arrest
(d) to inform Chang of Barnard's real name
5. What does Conway next discover about Mallinson?
(a) He has deicded he wants to stay
(b) He has been stealing artifacts
(c) He is interested in Lo-Tsen
(d) He wants to become a lama
Short Answer Questions
1. What has never happened before at Shangri-La?
2. What was the monk's condition when he reached the valley?
3. When does the High Lama say the meek shall inherit the earth?
4. Where do they decide they want to go?
5. How does the High Lama begin his meeting with Conway?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Conway find himself leading a double life?
2. What is Conway's guess that turns out to be correct?
3. How do Mallinson's arguments cause Conway's dream of Shangri-La to dissolve away?
4. How does Conway sidestep informing his friends about the conversation with the High Lama?
5. Describe the Dominican monk who came to the Blue Moon Valley in 1734.
6. How does Conway find out information about Lo-Tsen?
7. Tell something about the formality of the meeting.
8. Who does Barnard turn out to be?
9. Why does Conway say that the lamasery library is not up to date?
10. Tell what Chang informs Barnard when he asks for a newspaper.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)