|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the four in their group, what do all of them except Mallinson decide?
(a) they would like to escape as soon as possible
(b) they would like to stay in Shangri-La for awhile
(c) they will become accustomed to the food
(d) they need to have more conversation among themselves
2. What does Chang come to tell Conway late at night?
(a) the High Lama wants to see him immediately
(b) the lamas all want to meet with him
(c) the porters have come and gone
(d) Lo-Tsen wants to meet him personally
3. How long is it before Conway sees the High Lama again?
(a) six months
(b) only a month
(c) three days
(d) a year
4. Why is Conway excited about meeting the High Lama?
(a) to see inside the lamasery
(b) to ask for permission to leave
(c) to see if his theories are correct
(d) to ask to join the order
5. In subsequent meetings, what do Conway and the High Lama discuss?
(a) war and peace
(b) religion and atheism
(c) people and places
(d) history and philosophy
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conway also learn from the High Lama?
2. What social event happens that Conway is familiar with?
3. After Conway tells Mallinson what he knows about Shangri-La, what does Mallinson think about Conway?
4. How old was Father Perrault when he settled in the Valley in 1734?
5. What is special about the French lama, Alphonse Briac?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Mallinson's arguments cause Conway's dream of Shangri-La to dissolve away?
2. What is the valley like?
3. What does Miss Brinklow conclude about the valley?
4. After leaving on his own, why does Mallinson return to Shangri-La?
5. Describe the Dominican monk who came to the Blue Moon Valley in 1734.
6. How does Conway find himself leading a double life?
7. What is Conway's guess that turns out to be correct?
8. Why does Conway say that the lamasery library is not up to date?
9. How is Conway amazed by the drawing of Henschell?
10. How does Conway find out information about Lo-Tsen?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)