|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the survivors head out to find the lamasery, what do they see?
(a) four men leading a llama
(b) four men carrying guns
(c) four men carrying a litter
(d) four men waving a blue flag
2. What sound do they hear as they climb?
(a) planes overhead
(b) the cry of yaks
(d) rumbling drums
3. What does the pilot do when he regains consciousness?
(a) he tries to find his pistol
(b) he speaks to Conway just before he dies
(c) he jumps up and runs away
(d) he holds a knife to Miss Brinklow's throat
4. What happens on the ship after Conway becomes depressed?
(a) he attempts several times to jump overboard
(b) for twenty hours he pours his heart out to Rutherford
(c) he goes on a hunger strike
(d) he goes to his cabin and refuses to come out
5. Where had the pilot told Conway they are?
(a) in Nepal near the chinese border
(b) in Tibet near a place called Shangri-La
(c) in the Swiss Alps
(d) in Pakistan near Mr. Everest
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the loud noise they hear?
2. How does Conway see Chang?
3. Why does Rutherford say he read Green's book?
4. When he wakes up, what does Conway see out his window?
5. Who are the men dressed in sheepskins, fur hats and yak skin boots?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give Mallinson's reply to Conway's question.
2. Describe what it is that Rutherford leaves with Green that night.
3. How is the traveling going up the mountains?
4. What does Miss Brinklow say she has heard about Tibetans?
5. Why does Barnard say he will not be missed?
6. What do they witness when the plane stops to refuel?
7. Describe what the survivors of the plane crash see coming toward them.
8. How are the amenities at the guest quarters of the lamasery?
9. How does the plane finally land in the middle of the mountain range.
10. Who was on the plane that disappeared?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)