|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Chang say visitors come to Shangri-La?
(a) every year
2. What are some of the treasures Conway enjoys at Shangri-La?
(a) paintings, tapestries and ceramics of museum quality
(b) fine fabrics, crystal glasses, and figurines
(c) scrolls, letters, and manuscripts in Chinese
(d) violins, carved cabinets, and antiquities
3. Who among the group says he will not be missed?
4. If they cannot have guides out of the mountain, what does Mallinson demand next?
(a) a radio transmitter
(b) yaks to ride out of the place
(c) a map
(d) a signal fire for passing planes
5. When Sanders joins the three men, what does he talk about?
(a) the evacuation of Baskul
(b) gold mining
(c) the threat of war
(d) the price of oil
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the weather change on the climb to get to the lamasery?
2. As they start down, how does the weather change?
3. What is surprising about the facilities at Shangri-La?
4. What did Conway's friends and professors at Oxford expect of him?
5. Who does Chang say they can employ to lead them out of Shangri-La?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Conway start leading the group in a particular direction?
2. Describe what it is that Rutherford leaves with Green that night.
3. Why does Barnard say he will not be missed?
4. Why is it better than they are not still in Baskul?
5. How does the plane finally land in the middle of the mountain range.
6. Describe what is foremost on Mallinson's mind.
7. How does Mallinson interrupt the conversation at dinner?
8. Who was on the plane that disappeared?
9. Explain the speculation about where they are while in the air after refueling.
10. What do the other passengers appreciate about Conway?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)