|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name Conway reads on his bathtub?
(a) Akron, Ohio
(b) Atlanta, Georgia
(c) Detroit, Michigan
(d) Fresno, California
2. What does Rutherford give Green?
(a) a recent photograph him and Conway
(b) a manuscript of Conway's story
(c) an invitation to explore in Tibet
(d) a letter from Conway
3. If they cannot have guides out of the mountain, what does Mallinson demand next?
(a) a map
(b) a signal fire for passing planes
(c) a radio transmitter
(d) yaks to ride out of the place
4. When they are in sight of the lamasery, what do they see?
(a) an avalanche coming down Karakal
(b) several pavilions as colorful as flowers
(c) thousands of lanterns
(d) people waiting to greet them
5. What is Karakal?
(a) the road to Shangri-La
(b) the name of the nearest village
(c) a Tibetan form of greeting
(d) a beautiful cone-shaped mountain
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men ask Miss Brinklow?
2. Where does Mallinson want to be taken?
3. How does the name of Conway come up in the conversation?
4. How does Conway see Chang?
5. Why do they not talk much on the way to the lamasery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was on the plane that disappeared?
2. What do they witness when the plane stops to refuel?
3. What is the book about that Green wrote and Rutherford had read?
4. Give Mallinson's reply to Conway's question.
5. How had Rutherford found Conway some time ago?
6. Who arrives and talks about a plane that once went missing in Baskul?
7. How does Mallinson interrupt the conversation at dinner?
8. How are the amenities at the guest quarters of the lamasery?
9. Describe what is foremost on Mallinson's mind.
10. What raises questions among the passengers on the plane?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)