|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had the pilot told Conway they are?
(a) in Pakistan near Mr. Everest
(b) in Tibet near a place called Shangri-La
(c) in Nepal near the chinese border
(d) in the Swiss Alps
2. Who makes up the inhabitants of the lamasery at Shangri-La?
(a) over two hundred Chinese
(b) forty-two lamas from Tibet
(c) fifty members of many races
(d) twenty-five men and women
3. How does Conway see Chang?
(a) as a typical Chinese
(b) as a cruel captor
(c) as a man of mystery
(d) as a person of high intelligence
4. What is Karakal?
(a) the road to Shangri-La
(b) the name of the nearest village
(c) a beautiful cone-shaped mountain
(d) a Tibetan form of greeting
5. What does Sanders say happened that has never been explained?
(a) it snowed in Baskul the day the planes left
(b) a plane with three passengers disappeared
(c) a strange Tibetan monk got on one plane
(d) one of the planes could not get off the ground
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mother superior say about Conway?
2. When the plane lands to refuel, what do the passengers see out the window?
3. What has Miss Brinklow heard about the Tibetans?
4. What is the man's name who has come out to meet them?
5. How does the weather change on the climb to get to the lamasery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the book about that Green wrote and Rutherford had read?
2. How are the men carrying the old man dressed?
3. How does the novel begin?
4. Briefly describe the surprise entertainment they are provided with.
5. How is the traveling going up the mountains?
6. What do the other passengers appreciate about Conway?
7. Describe what the survivors of the plane crash see coming toward them.
8. How are the amenities at the guest quarters of the lamasery?
9. Who arrives and talks about a plane that once went missing in Baskul?
10. Who was on the plane that disappeared?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)