|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in the group is most anxious to get away from Shangri-La?
(a) Miss Brinklow
2. What is the condition of the pilot after the landing?
3. What have the Tibetans used to measure Karakal?
(b) extra sensory perception
(c) long ropes
4. Late at night, what does the airplane encounter?
(a) some turbulence
(b) severe lightning
(c) German fighter planes
(d) a clear, starry sky
5. What surprises Conway and the others?
(a) the man has brought bowls of hot soup
(b) the man speaks to them in French
(c) the man communicates with sign language
(d) the man speaks perfect English
6. Who makes up the inhabitants of the lamasery at Shangri-La?
(a) fifty members of many races
(b) forty-two lamas from Tibet
(c) twenty-five men and women
(d) over two hundred Chinese
7. What is the subject of Green's book that Rutherford read?
8. How does the weather change on the climb to get to the lamasery?
(a) it becomes very still and quiet
(b) it gets colder and windier
(c) it begins to fluctuate rapidly
(d) it gets warmer and sunnier
9. What is the man wearing in the hooded chair?
(a) a blue Chinese robe
(b) a suit of armor
(c) a blue blanket
(d) a fur coat
10. What do the men ask Miss Brinklow?
(a) if she would like a drink
(b) if she is comfortable
(c) if she minds if they smoke
(d) if she needs to change seats
11. As the survivors head out to find the lamasery, what do they see?
(a) four men carrying guns
(b) four men carrying a litter
(c) four men leading a llama
(d) four men waving a blue flag
12. What does the American attempt to do?
(a) open the door to jump out
(b) unlock the cockpit door
(c) make jokes about their situation
(d) find a weapon in the plane
13. As they talk about overpowering the pilot, what stops them?
(a) he has a gun and none of them can fly a plane
(b) they reason that one or two of them would get killed
(c) they cannot get the cockpit door open
(d) they don't know how much fuel is left in the plane
14. Who among the group says he will not be missed?
15. Where does Mallinson want to be taken?
(a) to a hospital
(b) to a telephone
(c) to the lamasery
(d) back to civilization
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conway know about the terrain below?
2. When he wakes up, what does Conway see out his window?
3. What happens on the ship after Conway becomes depressed?
4. What begins to worry Conway as they fly on?
5. How long has it been since Rutherford last saw Conway?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)