|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chang say is the core of their belief in Shangri-La?
2. After climbing up the mountain, what do they face next?
(a) a herd of wild yaks
(b) crossing a suspension bridge
(c) going down a rope ladder
(d) descending into a deep abyss
3. How does Conway see Chang?
(a) as a man of mystery
(b) as a typical Chinese
(c) as a cruel captor
(d) as a person of high intelligence
4. What is Captain Charles Mallinson's position?
(a) Governor of Punjab
(b) H.M. Vice-Consul
(c) RAF military attache
(d) Ambassador to Siam
5. What precaution do the Tibetans take for their safety?
(a) tie them together with ropes
(b) light signal fires along the way
(c) put them in back
(d) warn them to be very quiet
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mallinson challenge Conway?
2. How does Conway try to reason with Mallinson to accept that they have to wait for guides out of Shangri-La?
3. Why does the High Lama say Conway and his companions were chosen to come here?
4. What explanation does Mallinson have for Conway's strange talk?
5. What are the quarters of the High Lama like?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)