|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving the airport, where do Rutherford and Green go?
(a) to book a flight for Preshawar
(b) to the British Embassy
(c) to Rutherford's hotel room
(d) to a Buddhist temple
2. What do the men do in the plane after giving up plans to take out the pilot?
(a) have a cigar
(b) start to drink brandy
(c) go immediately to sleep
(d) plan what to do when they land
3. What is the name Conway reads on his bathtub?
(a) Detroit, Michigan
(b) Akron, Ohio
(c) Atlanta, Georgia
(d) Fresno, California
4. Where is the opening scene of the novel?
(a) a flight to Baskul, a town in Persia
(b) a plane out of India
(c) at Heathrow Airport in London
(d) Tempelhof Airport near Berlin
5. What mountain range does Conway think might be below them?
(a) they might be the Andes
(b) they might be the Rockies
(c) they might be the Karakorams
(d) they might be the Alps
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Rutherford and Conway traveling together?
2. What happens when they attempt to speak to the pilot?
3. What surprises Conway and the others?
4. What is the subject of Green's book that Rutherford read?
5. If they cannot have guides out of the mountain, what does Mallinson demand next?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)