|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the opening scene of the novel?
(a) at Heathrow Airport in London
(b) Tempelhof Airport near Berlin
(c) a flight to Baskul, a town in Persia
(d) a plane out of India
2. Who is Miss Roberta Brinklow?
(a) a foreign newspaper correspondent
(b) an RAF nurse assigned to India
(c) a secretary to Captain Charles Mallinson
(d) a missionary with the L.M.S. or London Missionary Service
3. What does Rutherford give Green?
(a) an invitation to explore in Tibet
(b) a letter from Conway
(c) a manuscript of Conway's story
(d) a recent photograph him and Conway
4. As they talk about overpowering the pilot, what stops them?
(a) they cannot get the cockpit door open
(b) he has a gun and none of them can fly a plane
(c) they reason that one or two of them would get killed
(d) they don't know how much fuel is left in the plane
5. How does Conway get away from Rutherford in Honolulu?
(a) he gets a job on a whaling ship out of Japan
(b) he stowes away on a ship returning to China
(c) he joins the crew of a banana boat going south to Fiji
(d) he jumps ship and goes into hiding
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sanders say happened that has never been explained?
2. What do Green, Rutherford, and Tertius have in common?
3. Where had Rutherford found Conway?
4. As they take off, what does Mallinson observe and mention to Conway?
5. How is Conway described?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)