|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Conway the one to write SOS messages on scraps of paper?
(a) he is elected leader
(b) he is multilingual
(c) he has nothing else to do
(d) he has the only pen
2. After leaving the airport, where do Rutherford and Green go?
(a) to the British Embassy
(b) to book a flight for Preshawar
(c) to Rutherford's hotel room
(d) to a Buddhist temple
3. Why does Rutherford say he read Green's book?
(a) because Conway may have amnesia
(b) because Conway may have phantasmagoria
(c) because Conway may have hypochondria
(d) because Conway may have ambrosia
4. Who is Miss Roberta Brinklow?
(a) a secretary to Captain Charles Mallinson
(b) a missionary with the L.M.S. or London Missionary Service
(c) an RAF nurse assigned to India
(d) a foreign newspaper correspondent
5. What do Green, Rutherford, and Tertius have in common?
(a) they are all novelists
(b) they are all traveling to Baskul
(c) they are old school chums
(d) they are British agents
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on the ship after Conway becomes depressed?
2. Where were Rutherford and Conway traveling together?
3. What does the American attempt to do?
4. What did Conway's friends and professors at Oxford expect of him?
5. Who is the mystery man on board the plane?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)