|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Rutherford and Conway traveling together?
2. Who is the mystery man on board the plane?
(a) Charles Mallinson
(b) Wyland Sanders
(c) Hugh Conway
(d) Henry D. Barnard, an American
3. What happens on the ship after Conway becomes depressed?
(a) he goes on a hunger strike
(b) for twenty hours he pours his heart out to Rutherford
(c) he attempts several times to jump overboard
(d) he goes to his cabin and refuses to come out
4. When the plane lands to refuel, what do the passengers see out the window?
(a) gasoline trucks
(b) a desolate frontier
(c) black figures moving about
(d) only runway lights
5. How long has it been since Rutherford last saw Conway?
(a) a few months
(b) a few weeks
(c) a few days
(d) a few years
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Conway described?
2. What does Rutherford give Green?
3. What do Green, Rutherford, and Tertius have in common?
4. When he wakes up, what does Conway see out his window?
5. Where had Rutherford found Conway?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)