|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disturbs Mallinson after the porters come and go without taking him with them?
(a) Blue Moon men are the ones who go for their supplies
(b) He will have to wait nine months for the next ones
(c) There really are no porters
(d) No porters will ever agree to take him away
2. How does Mallinson describe Lo-Tsen?
(a) like a robot
(b) like a person in a trance
(c) like a spirit
(d) like an ivory doll
3. What does Conway know about the terrain below?
(a) nothing, because he's never been in these mountains
(b) the mountains there are more difficult than Mt. Everest
(c) that no one has ever returned from that aread
(d) the temperature is colder than the North Pole
4. What is Karakal?
(a) a beautiful cone-shaped mountain
(b) the road to Shangri-La
(c) a Tibetan form of greeting
(d) the name of the nearest village
5. When Sanders joins the three men, what does he talk about?
(a) the evacuation of Baskul
(b) gold mining
(c) the threat of war
(d) the price of oil
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some of the treasures Conway enjoys at Shangri-La?
2. What does Mallinson want to know?
3. Who is Miss Roberta Brinklow?
4. What does Chang say Shangri-La avoids?
5. How does the High Lama begin his meeting with Conway?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)