|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Rutherford and Conway traveling together?
2. When they are in sight of the lamasery, what do they see?
(a) thousands of lanterns
(b) an avalanche coming down Karakal
(c) people waiting to greet them
(d) several pavilions as colorful as flowers
3. How does the name of Conway come up in the conversation?
(a) He was one of the passengers on the missing plane
(b) Sanders says he saw him in Shanghai
(c) Tertius says he just got a letter from Conway
(d) Green asks if anyone has heard from him
4. What precaution do the Tibetans take for their safety?
(a) light signal fires along the way
(b) tie them together with ropes
(c) warn them to be very quiet
(d) put them in back
5. What does Rutherford give Green?
(a) a recent photograph him and Conway
(b) an invitation to explore in Tibet
(c) a manuscript of Conway's story
(d) a letter from Conway
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Conway and the others?
2. What does Miss Brinklow have that surprises the men?
3. Who is the mystery man on board the plane?
4. What does the Mother superior say about Conway?
5. Who in the group is most anxious to get away from Shangri-La?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)