|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since Rutherford last saw Conway?
(a) a few months
(b) a few days
(c) a few years
(d) a few weeks
2. How is Conway described?
(a) as a Renaissance man who excels in everything
(b) as a wanderer who never finishes a job
(c) as a man with a vivid imagination
(d) as a lost soul always looking for answers
3. What is Captain Charles Mallinson's position?
(a) H.M. Vice-Consul
(b) RAF military attache
(c) Ambassador to Siam
(d) Governor of Punjab
4. How does the name of Conway come up in the conversation?
(a) Tertius says he just got a letter from Conway
(b) Green asks if anyone has heard from him
(c) Sanders says he saw him in Shanghai
(d) He was one of the passengers on the missing plane
5. When they are in sight of the lamasery, what do they see?
(a) thousands of lanterns
(b) several pavilions as colorful as flowers
(c) people waiting to greet them
(d) an avalanche coming down Karakal
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Conway's friends and professors at Oxford expect of him?
2. How does the weather change on the climb to get to the lamasery?
3. On board the ship to Honolulu, what does Conway play on the piano?
4. As the plane continues on its odd course, what does Conway do?
5. What happens on the ship after Conway becomes depressed?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)