|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Conway get away from Rutherford in Honolulu?
(a) he joins the crew of a banana boat going south to Fiji
(b) he gets a job on a whaling ship out of Japan
(c) he jumps ship and goes into hiding
(d) he stowes away on a ship returning to China
2. What does Sanders say happened that has never been explained?
(a) a strange Tibetan monk got on one plane
(b) a plane with three passengers disappeared
(c) it snowed in Baskul the day the planes left
(d) one of the planes could not get off the ground
3. Who are the men dressed in sheepskins, fur hats and yak skin boots?
4. How is Conway described?
(a) as a lost soul always looking for answers
(b) as a wanderer who never finishes a job
(c) as a Renaissance man who excels in everything
(d) as a man with a vivid imagination
5. What is the man wearing in the hooded chair?
(a) a blue Chinese robe
(b) a blue blanket
(c) a fur coat
(d) a suit of armor
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mallinson believe when the plane takes off a second time?
2. Who is the mystery man on board the plane?
3. What is Karakal?
4. When they are in sight of the lamasery, what do they see?
5. As the survivors head out to find the lamasery, what do they see?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)