|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mallinson want to know?
(a) how soon they can leave
(b) what the High Lama looks like
(c) where the High Lama's rooms are
(d) if there are guards in the lamasery
2. What does Miss Brinklow decide to do?
(a) learn the Tibetan language
(b) set off on foot by herself
(c) start a Christian church in the valley
(d) write a book about Shangri-La
3. What is the man's name who has come out to meet them?
4. What does Briac possess that he shares with Conway?
(a) unpublished works by Chopin
(b) books on astrology
(c) special French cuisine
(d) a diary of Chopin's
5. After climbing up the mountain, what do they face next?
(a) crossing a suspension bridge
(b) going down a rope ladder
(c) descending into a deep abyss
(d) a herd of wild yaks
Short Answer Questions
1. What is special about the French lama, Alphonse Briac?
2. What sound do they hear as they climb?
3. Who are the men dressed in sheepskins, fur hats and yak skin boots?
4. Why does Conway not get answers to some of his questions?
5. What is Karakal?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)