|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man wearing in the hooded chair?
(a) a blue Chinese robe
(b) a fur coat
(c) a blue blanket
(d) a suit of armor
2. What surprises Conway and the others?
(a) the man has brought bowls of hot soup
(b) the man speaks perfect English
(c) the man communicates with sign language
(d) the man speaks to them in French
3. What is Miss Brinklow's interest in the valley?
(a) their diets
(b) their religions
(c) their dress shops
(d) their public schools
4. What is Karakal?
(a) the road to Shangri-La
(b) the name of the nearest village
(c) a beautiful cone-shaped mountain
(d) a Tibetan form of greeting
5. What does Briac possess that he shares with Conway?
(a) books on astrology
(b) special French cuisine
(c) unpublished works by Chopin
(d) a diary of Chopin's
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conway learn about Lo-Tsen?
2. What is the man's name who has come out to meet them?
3. What does Chang tell Barnard about newspapers at Shangri-La?
4. Why do they not talk much on the way to the lamasery?
5. What does Mallinson insist is their responsibility?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)