• The story of THE LOST HORIZON begins in a social meeting of some old classmates who all knew Hugh Conway while in school.
• It appears that each of them was more affected by having known Conway than they consciously realized.
• A young pilot named Sanders joins the group and discusses the plane that went missing in Baskul some years before.
• Rutherford knows a great deal more than he admits to at Tempelhof and goes off alone with Woodford Green.
• Rutherford gives Green a manuscript he has written from Conway's tale told while they were at sea.
• Rutherford leaves still trying to locate Conway again and the manuscript is the basis of the story that follows.
• Conway's story begins in Baskul, India, during an evacuation of Anglo-American-Europeans because of war.
• Four characters are described in detail who have boarded a plane loaned by the Maharajah of Chandapore...
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)