|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aeulos say Jason was on the way to fight the previous year?
2. Which city does Aeolus say has offended Zeus?
3. What do the harpies use large quantities of to lay the floor?
4. What connects the mountain to the floating palace?
5. What does Leo want to name the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aeolus think Jason has come to see him?
2. How do the heroes kill Enceladus?
3. What does Thalia tell Jason about their mother?
4. Who are the Harpies?
5. What was the Half Blood Civil War?
6. Who is King Midas with in the world of the book?
7. What does Jason remember about Wolf House?
8. What does the Cherokee story make Piper realize?
9. How does Mellie save the heroes?
10. How do the harpies fix Aeros's palace floor in the section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
What are the differences between demigods and gods? What are their separate roles within Greek mythology?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)