|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says he can turn anything to gold?
2. How does Coach Hedge offer to help out at the beginning of this section?
3. How do the heroes get to the top of Mount Diablo?
4. What does the blast create in the earth?
5. What is the name of the cafe the heroes are sitting at?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Juno help Jason in this section?
2. How do the heroes cut the tendrils on Hera's cage?
3. What reasons does Piper give for not betraying her friends?
4. How does Mellie save the heroes?
5. Why is Annabeth needed on the new mission?
6. How is Enceladus portrayed in the story?
7. Why is Jason finding it difficult to cope in this final section?
8. In Greek mythology who is King Midas?
9. How do the harpies fix Aeros's palace floor in the section?
10. What Cherokee story does Piper remember in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the main characters.
1. How were they brought up and how has their experiences molded who they are?
2. How has their upbringing effected them and the decisions they make in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the book.
How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)