|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Aeolus say is angry with Miami?
2. What do the harpies use large quantities of to lay the floor?
3. In which city does Hera say Jason's most dangerous enemy awaits?
4. What connects the mountain to the floating palace?
5. Where does Thalia say she will meet Jason and Leo later?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the heros make it to Enceladus' camp?
2. What sacrifice does Piper make for her father in this section?
3. Who are the Harpies?
4. What does Khione admit to doing in this section?
5. How does Mellie save the heroes?
6. How do the heroes kill Enceladus?
7. What does Jason remember about Wolf House?
8. How is Enceladus portrayed in the story?
9. How does Hera return everything to normal?
10. What does Thalia tell Jason at the beginning of this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
What does the book suggest are the differences between Roman and Greek mythology? How does the author suggest their is a divide between the two schools of thought? What problems has this divide caused? Why is Jason so important to narrowing this divide?
Essay Topic 3
What do the Gods and their characters state about Greek and Roman society? How did the Gods and people's belief in them affect day to day society?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)