|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Boreas' sons say Leo smells of?
2. What name does Piper call Jason in an attempt to offend him?
3. Why does the monster think no one is out here despite Piper's calls for help?
4. What nationality does Piper say doesn't mix with Greeks?
5. What does the pastries Leo feeds to Piper remind Piper of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What traumatic experiences did Leo go through in his childhood?
2. Why is it important to get demigods to the camp before puberty?
3. What indicators are that Drew is Piper's rival?
4. What is the true meaning of an aphrodite to Piper?
5. How does Jason claim his lack of memory is effecting him?
6. What is Leo's opinion of the girls in the camp?
7. Describe Jason's dream about Lupa?
8. How does the group get past Boreas' sons?
9. What does Hera tell Jason in his dream?
10. What does the Big House look like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Away from the main characters, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
What does the book suggest are the differences between Roman and Greek mythology? How does the author suggest their is a divide between the two schools of thought? What problems has this divide caused? Why is Jason so important to narrowing this divide?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)