|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mechanical dragon drink?
2. Who does Little look like he could go six rounds with?
3. What stops Coach Hedge from looking terrifying?
4. What does Jason dream he is wrapped in?
5. What does Will tell Leo that Beckendorf and Percy Jackson blew up?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Leo suffering from a lack of confidence?
2. What does the Big House look like?
3. Why does Jason find Leo so strange at the beginning of the book?
4. In what way does Boreas' personality reflect the north wind?
5. What is the true meaning of an aphrodite to Piper?
6. Describe Jason's vision?
7. How does Leo save his friends in this section?
8. What is Leo's opinion of the girls in the camp?
9. What traumatic experiences did Leo go through in his childhood?
10. Why is bed 1A supposed to be such a good bed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does being demigods effect the children at the beginning of their lives? Why is it important that the Camp Half Blood tries to get hold of the children as quickly as possible?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Leo's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Leo hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Leo's ideas about life?
3. How has Leo's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)