|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the settlers of Roanoke, VA?
(a) They were abducted.
(b) They took over a neighboring town.
(c) They disappeared.
(d) They went back North.
2. Why does Bryson smile at everyone in Littleton?
(a) Because it's polite.
(b) To stay on their good-side.
(c) To scare them.
(d) Because he's in a good mood.
3. Bryson eats all his food in Cape Cod with _____.
(a) A fork and knife.
(d) An elderly couple.
4. Why does Bryson believe women are good at operating Mount Vernon?
(a) Because they are fair with prices.
(b) Because they know how to finish things.
(c) Because they are very attentive
(d) Because they are good at decorating.
5. The trash and poverty makes Philadelphia feel like more of a ______ to Bryson.
(a) Big city.
(d) Third-world country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bryson compare the quietness of Mackinaw Island to?
2. Bryson sees a ______ dignitary in Washington D.C.
3. Bryson observes that the businesses in Cape Cod are all aimed at getting tourists to _____.
4. Who does Bryson observe inhabiting the most beautiful places in America?
5. Why does Bryson consider going back to Connecticut?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bryson have a problem with the Vanderbilts?
2. Why is Bryson relieved to be back in Iowa?
3. How does Bryson feel after visiting Gettysburg? Why?
4. What is the unspoken connection with travelers?
5. How does Bryson recognize long distance travelers?
6. How is Bryson similar to the pilgrims?
7. Why are Mackinaw City and Mackinac Island more to Bryson's liking?
8. Has Bryson had good or bad experiences with strippers? What prompted this thought?
9. What has always been Bryson's reaction to inequality?
10. Why is Bryson so afraid of New York?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)