|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bryson thinks the houses in Maine are _____.
(c) Too tall.
2. Bryson observes that people have _____ Lake Erie.
3. What does Bryson realize he won't find in Maine?
(a) Bad lobster.
(b) An affordable house.
(c) A good woman.
(d) Good landscape.
4. Where do Bryson and his brother eat on their visit?
(a) Amish Country.
(b) A French restaurant.
(c) A bar.
5. Bryson skips the tour in Newport and looks at the homes from _____.
(a) A cliff.
(b) His car.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bryson get to New York?
2. Bryson goes on a tangent comparing the American health care system to _______.
3. Where was Bryson's brother living recently?
4. In Cooperstown, Bryson reminisces about his childhood at the ________ Hall of Fame.
5. What is the problem with Cooperstown which prevents it from being Bryson's "perfect town"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Mackinaw City and Mackinac Island more to Bryson's liking?
2. Are the people of Roanoke, VA amiable to discussing the Melungeons? Why or why not?
3. In visiting Colonial Williamsburg, how does Bryson feel about tourism?
4. How does Bryson recognize long distance travelers?
5. Why is Bryson so afraid of New York?
6. Why is Bryson concerned about Detroit?
7. Is Bryson sympathetic to impoverished people? Why or why not?
8. What did Bryson realize on a family trip when he witnessed a shooting?
9. In Bryson's opinion, how is poverty relative?
10. Why does Bryson "believe" Littleton has been taken over by aliens?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)