|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in Columbus, what does Bryson realize about his journey?
(a) He will never find the perfect town.
(b) He has more time than he needs.
(c) He can't ever go home again.
(d) He doesn't care enough about America.
2. Bryson says he "wouldn't hesitate to give an old person a shove, especially a _______."
(b) Rude one.
3. Why does the Dullard barmaid compliment Bryson on his good English?
(a) Because she believes he's a foreigner from Britain.
(b) Because he seems a little depressed.
(c) Because she can't speak English.
(d) Because she's flirting with him.
4. Why does Bryson leave Pine Mountain so quickly?
(a) He has bad allergies.
(b) It isn't like what the name implies.
(c) There is massive racial segregation.
(d) It's too cold.
5. How did Bryson feel about Abe Lincoln's home when he was a boy?
(a) He never saw it.
(b) He found it boring.
(c) He didn't understand its importance.
(d) He was amazed by it.
6. Bryson thinks the people of Dullard are looking at him with "________eyes."
7. In Bryson's opinion, what explains the stupidity of students?
(a) There are no decent bookshops.
(b) Their teachers are too young.
(c) They do too many drugs.
(d) Their parents are absent.
8. In contrast to Britain, Bryson finds that Iowa has ______ color.
(a) A bland.
(c) A lack of.
9. While visiting Abe Lincoln's home-town, Bryson quickly becomes ______.
10. What does Bryson observe has "eaten" Carbondale?
(a) A monster.
(d) Shopping malls.
11. Bryson believes _______ isn't among the options of students today.
(d) Free time.
12. Why does Bryson miss billboards on the highway?
(a) It reminds him of a childhood game.
(b) It gives him ideas as to where to go next.
(c) It was something to look at.
(d) It gives him writing ideas.
13. The road between Warm Springs to Macon isn't particularly ______.
14. After visiting Ripley's Museum, Bryson feels he's had enough _______ for one day.
15. What part of Kentucky did Bryson pass through?
(a) The southern edge.
(b) The northern border.
(c) The center.
(d) The eastern corner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Bryson go to Faulkner's home?
2. After visiting Cherokee and Gatlinburg, in Bryson's opinion, what do Americans think it is necessary to do to a place?
3. Why has Bryson never seen the "Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum"?
4. What does Bryson believe his grandparents would do while awaiting the family's arrival?
5. When Bryson enters Mississippi, he suddenly begins musing on the ________ of the region.
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)