|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bryson disappointed by Auburn, AL?
(a) It's not well landscaped.
(b) The people are very rude.
(c) It's lacking history.
(d) He can't find a decent bookstore.
2. In Bryson's opinion, what explains the stupidity of students?
(a) They do too many drugs.
(b) Their teachers are too young.
(c) Their parents are absent.
(d) There are no decent bookshops.
3. Where are the senior citizens visiting the "Little White House" from?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A retirement home.
(c) A Baptist church.
4. The Herman Talmadge Memorial Bridge "_____" Bryson into South Carolina.
5. In Oxford, what is the young woman trying to tell Bryson when she says "make the skyaya"?
(a) "It's cold out, wear a coat."
(b) "You shouldn't be here."
(c) "Make the skis."
(d) "Circle the square."
6. Why were Bryson's family vacations always so dingy?
(a) Because no one cared either way.
(b) Because the midwest is dingy.
(c) Because it made the trip more exciting.
(d) Because they were trying to save money.
7. What part of Kentucky did Bryson pass through?
(a) The center.
(b) The northern border.
(c) The southern edge.
(d) The eastern corner.
8. After visiting Ripley's Museum, Bryson feels he's had enough _______ for one day.
9. Why has Bryson never seen the "Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum"?
(a) His family never passed through the town.
(b) He never cared too.
(c) His father never let him.
(d) He was always afraid of it.
10. Bryson is usually _______ by college towns.
11. While visiting Abe Lincoln's home-town, Bryson quickly becomes ______.
12. What would Bryson need in order to bring a souvenir home from Bryson City?
(a) More gas.
(b) A bigger trunk.
(c) A crowbar.
(d) More money.
13. As a child, what did Bryson always think about Pella?
(a) That it was unnecessary.
(b) It was ficticious.
(c) That it was atypical.
(d) It was for poor people.
14. In contrast to Britain, Bryson finds that Iowa has ______ color.
(b) A bland.
(c) A lack of.
15. Bryson thinks the people of Dullard are looking at him with "________eyes."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Bryson go to the Biltmore Estate?
2. Bryson believes _______ isn't among the options of students today.
3. While in Columbus, what does Bryson realize about his journey?
4. The Dullard barmaid has "ready for sex written all over her face but better bring a _____ written all over her body."
5. In Bryson's opinion, what don't farmers feel?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)