|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Dullard" reminds Bryson of a movie in which the locals wait for what?
(a) A celebrity to pass through.
(b) A lone traveler to barbeque.
(c) God to come so they can be saved.
(d) Their big break.
2. Why doesn't Bryson visit the home of John Wayne?
(a) He got lost.
(b) It's closed.
(c) He doesn't like John Wayne.
(d) He didn't want to pay the fee.
3. When Bryson was a child at Gettysburg, his father bought him a _________.
(a) Toy rifle.
4. What pop-culture medium does Bryson claim paints southerners in a bad light?
(a) Fashion magazines.
(d) Reality television.
5. Bryson observes that the Eisenhower home is so well preserved it looked like Ike and Mamie _______.
(a) Planned its exibition.
(b) Were very messy.
(c) Wandered off.
(d) Didn't live in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. After visiting Cherokee and Gatlinburg, in Bryson's opinion, what do Americans think it is necessary to do to a place?
2. People are _____ when Bryson tells them of the dignitary he saw in D.C.
3. Why are the Melungeons shunned?
4. Where do Bryson and his brother eat on their visit?
5. What does Bryson think will be the downfall of Detroit?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)