|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bryson enters Mississippi, he suddenly begins musing on the ________ of the region.
(b) Race riots.
(c) Cultural variation.
2. What happened to the settlers of Roanoke, VA?
(a) They were abducted.
(b) They disappeared.
(c) They went back North.
(d) They took over a neighboring town.
3. Bryson refers to Bloomsburg, where his brother lives, as the ______.
(a) Worst place on earth.
(c) Last fronteir.
(d) Pinnacle of home.
4. Where do Bryson and his brother eat on their visit?
(a) Amish Country.
(c) A bar.
(d) A French restaurant.
5. What prompted "Lost Continent"?
(a) A very good offer from a publisher.
(b) His distaste for the U.S.
(c) The death of Bryson's father.
(d) Bryson's boredom with other countries.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bryson feel about Old Faithful?
2. What does Bryson realize he won't find in Maine?
3. Why doesn't Bryson go to Faulkner's home?
4. Why does Bryson want to go to the hotel calling for "proper attire"?
5. What kind of people does Bryson think inhabit Stowe?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)