|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Kentucky did Bryson pass through?
(a) The southern edge.
(b) The center.
(c) The northern border.
(d) The eastern corner.
2. What happened to the settlers of Roanoke, VA?
(a) They were abducted.
(b) They disappeared.
(c) They took over a neighboring town.
(d) They went back North.
3. When the gas station attendant makes a phone call, what does Bryson do?
(a) Cuts the phone line.
(b) Drives away quickly.
(c) Sits and waits.
(d) Offers him a quarter.
4. The Dullard barmaid has "ready for sex written all over her face but better bring a _____ written all over her body."
(a) Paper bag.
(b) Fire extinguisher.
(c) Bouquet of flowers.
5. How long did Bryson stay in Kentucky?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Forty minutes.
(c) One night.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Herman Talmadge Memorial Bridge "_____" Bryson into South Carolina.
2. When Bryson's car begins to skid, what noise does he make?
3. The trash and poverty makes Philadelphia feel like more of a ______ to Bryson.
4. Who does Bryson believe the gas station attendant is calling?
5. How did Bryson feel about New York as a teenager?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)