|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bryson stop in Bryson City?
(a) It's where his parents got married.
(b) His brother lives there.
(c) He was named after it.
(d) It shares his name.
2. After being the only white man in a restaurant in Alabama, Bryson feels _____ to get back on the highway.
3. Who does Bryson believe the gas station attendant is calling?
(a) The police.
(b) His mother.
(c) The press.
4. What part of Kentucky did Bryson pass through?
(a) The center.
(b) The northern border.
(c) The southern edge.
(d) The eastern corner.
5. How does Bryson get to New York?
(a) He flies.
(b) He bokes.
(c) He takes the bus.
(d) He rents a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bryson tell the waitress he has just gotten out of prison for?
2. Bryson states that people who pass through Des Moines and stay for years are confused, but _____ in their decision.
3. As a child, what did Bryson always think about Pella?
4. In a small town, Bryson always finds a business or two named ______.
5. The trash and poverty makes Philadelphia feel like more of a ______ to Bryson.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)