|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 through 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After visiting Cherokee and Gatlinburg, in Bryson's opinion, what do Americans think it is necessary to do to a place?
(a) Make it ugly.
(b) Name it.
(c) Overly glorify it.
(d) Revive it.
2. Why doesn't Bryson go to the Biltmore Estate?
(a) It is closed.
(b) He finds its beauty to be morally wrong.
(c) He hates the Vanderbilt family.
(d) He doesn't want to pay the expensive admission.
3. Why doesn't Bryson go to Faulkner's home?
(a) Because it was closed.
(b) Because the entrance fee is too much.
(c) Because he's never read a Faulkner book.
(d) Because he hates Faulkner's writing.
4. Why are the waiters in the restaurant in Cooperstown eager for Bryson to leave?
(a) They know he won't tip.
(b) They don't like him.
(c) They're having a secret meeting.
(d) They want to close.
5. Where do Bryson and his brother eat on their visit?
(b) A bar.
(c) Amish Country.
(d) A French restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. The trash and poverty makes Philadelphia feel like more of a ______ to Bryson.
2. What does Bryson wish this era would allow him to do to beggars?
3. In Bryson's opinion, what explains the stupidity of students?
4. What does Bryson think the Smithsonian is lacking today?
5. Bryson goes on a tangent comparing the American health care system to _______.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)