|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 through 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bryson observes that the Eisenhower home is so well preserved it looked like Ike and Mamie _______.
(a) Were very messy.
(b) Wandered off.
(c) Didn't live in the house.
(d) Planned its exibition.
2. Why are the Melungeons shunned?
(a) Because of their dark skin.
(b) Because they speak their mind.
(c) Because they have a bad reputation.
(d) Because they are too harsh on their children.
3. What does Bryson first notice when crossing the line to North Carolina?
(a) The influx of billboards.
(b) The strange smell.
(c) The change in weather.
(d) The landscape improves.
4. Who are the Melungeons?
(a) A common name for local police.
(b) A family Bryson knew as a child.
(c) Descendents of the settlers of Roanoke.
(d) A group of religious extremists.
5. What awes Bryson about Savannah?
(a) The creative modern homes.
(b) The simplicity of its roads.
(c) The intelligence of its students.
(d) The beauty of the historic distric.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Tennessee, what does Bryson observe about the weather?
2. What does Bryson think will be the downfall of Detroit?
3. What does Bryson realize he won't find in Maine?
4. When the hotel owner in Littleton promises Bryson a good room, what is Bryson thinking?
5. How did Bryson feel about New York as a teenager?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)