|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was James Murray when he and Fawcett teamed up for an expedition in 1911?
2. In Chapter 13, what did Lynch say was the value of the ransom he had to pay to save himself and his party?
3. In Chapter 14, what did Fawcett order the men to do when they were fired upon by arrows?
4. In 1907 how long was Fawcett home before he wanted to travel again?
5. In Chapter 17, when did Fawcett and his men take up positions along a river in Northern France?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Echojas remove grubs from someone?
2. In Chapter 13, what was James Lynch doing?
3. How would Fawcett approach Indians?
4. Why did the rubber boom collapse in South America?
5. When did World War I end, and what was the cost of the war in human lives?
6. In Chapter 11, where did Fawcett wish to explore for Z and why?
7. How did Lynch escape from captivity when he was captured on his expedition to find what happened to Fawcett?
8. Who was Alexander Hamilton Rice?
9. How did Fawcett describe home in Chapter 12?
10. Why was Fawcett not able to launch an expedition in September 1914?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Various conflicts plagued Fawcett during his expeditions. What different types of conflicts did Fawcett experience on his expeditions, and how did those conflicts affect the success of his missions?
Essay Topic 2
Fawcett believed there was a lost city, and archaeologists and anthropologists are looking for lost worlds today. How does the author present the theme that there are unseen worlds waiting to be discovered, and what does the author reveal about unseen worlds in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Fawcett was a great explorer, but a poor family man. What were Fawcett’s primary character traits, and how did those traits make him a great explorer, but a bad family man and husband?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)