|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, when was the only time that Fawcett shot at Indians?
2. In Chapter 18, where did Nina move the family after leaving Jamaica?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. How old was Jack Fawcett when his father returned from the war?
4. In Chapter 12, what did Murray eat when he was separate from Fawcett and the others?
(c) Dried beef.
(d) Tinned milk.
5. How much did the radio device hat Dr. Rice took on an expedition in Chapter 17 cost?
(a) About $5,000.
(c) Around $6,000.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was James Murray when he and Fawcett teamed up for an expedition in 1911?
2. In Chapter 12, how much was Fawcett's annual salary from the boundary commission?
3. For 15 years after his homecoming in 1907, how many square miles of the Amazon did Fawcett discover?
4. During the Battle of the Somme, how many British soldiers died?
5. When did Hernan Cortes find the Aztec capital of Tenochtitlan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Echojas remove grubs from someone?
2. Why did the rubber boom collapse in South America?
3. In Chapter 20, why did Fawcett try to persuade Raleigh to return with the guides?
4. What did Fawcett speculate happened to the Amazon populations that the conquistadors encountered?
5. In Chapter 13, what was James Lynch doing?
6. In Chapter 20, how did the men who served under Fawcett during the war feel about him?
7. Why did Fawcett not want to take Colonel T. E. Lawrence on an expedition?
8. How did Lynch escape from captivity when he was captured on his expedition to find what happened to Fawcett?
9. In Chapter 12, how did Nina prepare herself to be able to go on an expedition with her husband?
10. In Chapter 12, what did Fawcett want to forget and go home?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)