|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1907 how long was Fawcett home before he wanted to travel again?
(a) A few months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 18 weeks.
(d) About 2 months.
2. Who did Raleigh fall in love with on the voyage from New York in Chapter 20?
(a) An American girl from California.
(b) Daughter of a British Earl.
(c) Daughter of a British duke.
(d) An American girl from New York.
3. How many years of anti-snakebite venom was Fawcett given in Chapter 20?
4. How old was Jack Fawcett in 1907?
5. In Chapter 12, what did Murray eat when he was separate from Fawcett and the others?
(a) Tinned milk.
(d) Dried beef.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Gonzalo Fernandez de Oviedo write about El Dorado?
2. When did Fawcett move his family to Jamaica?
3. In Chapter 17 when in 1916 did Fawcett receive a gold medal from the Royal Geographical Society?
4. How tall was the Australian boxer, Lewis Brown, who accompanied Fawcett on an expedition in Chapter 17?
5. In Chapter 11, how far south were the new coordinates that Grann found for Fawcett's destination after Dead Horse Camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 17, how did an encounter with the Yanomami unfold when Dr. Rice and his party encountered them?
2. How did Fawcett describe home in Chapter 12?
3. In Chapter 20, why did Fawcett try to persuade Raleigh to return with the guides?
4. What mysterious box did Dr. Rice take on an expedition in Chapter 17?
5. In Chapter 20, how did the men who served under Fawcett during the war feel about him?
6. How did the Echojas remove grubs from someone?
7. How did George Lynch help Fawcett raise money for an expedition?
8. In Chapter 12, what did Fawcett want to forget and go home?
9. In Chapter 19, how did Grann describe the situation for many indigenous people in modern times?
10. How did Lynch escape from captivity when he was captured on his expedition to find what happened to Fawcett?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)