|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Cinta Larga tribe kill 29 diamond miners who trespassed onto a reservation in western Brazil?
2. During the Battle of the Somme, how many British soldiers were wounded?
(c) Around 50,000.
(d) Almost 40,000.
3. How old was George Lynch when Fawcett met him?
4. In Chapter 17, how many lives of Royal Geographical Society members did Grann say were killed by the war?
(a) About 125.
(c) More than 130.
5. In Chapter 17, where did Fawcett and Lyne dig trenches along with their men?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was James Murray born?
2. When did Fawcett move his family to Jamaica?
3. When was Fawcett awarded he Distinguished Service Order medal?
4. In Chapter 18, how many horsepower did Dr. Rice's hydroplane have?
5. In Chapter 17, when did Fawcett and his men take up positions along a river in Northern France?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 20, how did the men who served under Fawcett during the war feel about him?
2. In Chapter 17, how did an encounter with the Yanomami unfold when Dr. Rice and his party encountered them?
3. In Chapter 12, what did Fawcett want to forget and go home?
4. In Chapter 12, how did Nina prepare herself to be able to go on an expedition with her husband?
5. In Chapter 13, what was James Lynch doing?
6. How did George Lynch help Fawcett raise money for an expedition?
7. What did the manuscript look like that Grann viewed at the National Library in Chapter 16?
8. Why did the rubber boom collapse in South America?
9. Why did Fawcett not want to take Colonel T. E. Lawrence on an expedition?
10. What mysterious box did Dr. Rice take on an expedition in Chapter 17?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)