|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what type of ceiling was in the manuscript division in Brazil's National Library?
2. Who did Raleigh fall in love with on the voyage from New York in Chapter 20?
(a) Daughter of a British duke.
(b) An American girl from California.
(c) Daughter of a British Earl.
(d) An American girl from New York.
3. In Chapter 13, what did Lynch say was the value of the ransom he had to pay to save himself and his party?
4. In Chapter 12, during the 1911 expedition, how many pounds were the packs the men carried?
5. In Chapter 14, when was the only time that Fawcett shot at Indians?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Fawcett move his family to Jamaica?
2. At the end of Chapter 13, where was Lynch planning an expedition?
3. How old was Jack Fawcett in 1907?
4. What was the population of the metropolitan area of Sao Paulo in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 13, where did Grann land when he arrived in Brazil?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Fawcett speculate happened to the Amazon populations that the conquistadors encountered?
2. In Chapter 19, how did Grann describe the situation for many indigenous people in modern times?
3. Who was Alexander Hamilton Rice?
4. How did the Echojas remove grubs from someone?
5. How did Fawcett describe home in Chapter 12?
6. In Chapter 12, how did Nina prepare herself to be able to go on an expedition with her husband?
7. Who wrote the manuscript that Grann viewed in Chapter 16?
8. In Chapter 13, what was James Lynch doing?
9. In Chapter 11, where did Fawcett wish to explore for Z and why?
10. How did Lynch escape from captivity when he was captured on his expedition to find what happened to Fawcett?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)