|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did members of the nomadic Nukak-Maku tribe emerge from the Amazon in Colombia and announce that they were ready to join the modern world?
2. In Chapter 4, how old was Fawcett in 1888?
3. When did B. F. Goodrich manufacture the first automobile tires in the United States?
4. What percent of the waters from South American drain into the Amazon?
(a) Nearly 40%.
(b) About 30%.
5. In Chapter 10 as Fawcett searched for the Verde's source, by how many days of marching did the group run out of food?
(a) Day 11.
(b) Day 9.
(c) Day 15.
(d) Day 12.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Sir Athur Conan Doyle's books was said to be based on Fawcett's experiences?
2. When did Francisco de Orellan and his army of Spanish conquistadores go down the Amazon River?
3. When did Fawcett propose to Nina?
4. In Chapter 2, at what elevation does the Amazon River begin?
5. What birthday did Lynch celebrate when he went on his expedition to find what happened to Fawcett?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, where and when was Fawcett's signet ring found?
2. In Chapter 2, how did Fawcett send news of his expedition until he disappeared?
3. When Grann went shopping for items for his expedition, what did a salesman help Grann purchase after he learned Grann had never been camping?
4. In Chapter 1, why was Fawcett well-known?
5. In Chapter 1, what book was said to be based on Fawcett's experiences?
6. When and where was Fawcett's first assignment after he received his diploma from the Royal Geographical Society?
7. Who was Nina Paterson's first husband and how long were they married?
8. How was Fawcett taught to see everything around him?
9. How does the author describe himself in Chapter 3?
10. In Chapter 6, how were students taught to lead an expedition?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)