|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, although Fawcett and his men cut, chopped, pulled, and pushed through the jungle from morning until evening, how much did they advance daily?
(a) 1/2 mile.
(b) 1/3 mile.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 3/4 mile.
2. In Chapter 9, where did Grann find one of Fawcett's grandchildren?
3. In Chapter 5, when did Grann visit the Royal Geographical Society?
4. In Chapter 10 as Fawcett searched for the Verde's source, by how many days of marching did the group run out of food?
(a) Day 9.
(b) Day 15.
(c) Day 11.
(d) Day 12.
5. In Chapter 6, what did Lieutenant T. Dannreuther collect?
(a) Dried flowers and grasses.
(c) Rare butterflies and insects.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1901, where was Fawcett sent by the British government as a spy?
2. How old was Fawcett's son Jack when Fawcett went to Bolivia?
3. How tall was Fawcett?
4. In Chapter 4, how old was Fawcett in 1888?
5. In 1912, how much rubber was exported from Brazil?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Lynch and his party at the end of Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 9, where did Grann find some of Fawcett's papers?
3. In Chapter 3, what does the author say happened when he was working on a story?
4. In Chapter 1, why was Fawcett well-known?
5. In Chapter 1, how was Fawcett described?
6. In Chapter 1, what book was said to be based on Fawcett's experiences?
7. In Chapter 2, how did Fawcett send news of his expedition until he disappeared?
8. In Chapter 6, who was Edward Ayearst Reeves?
9. Where does the Amazon river begin?
10. In Chapter 8, what information was Fawcett able to discern about the sultan in Morocco?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)