|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percent of the waters from South American drain into the Amazon?
(a) About 30%.
(c) Nearly 40%.
2. In Chapter 2, how long did James Lynch once go without sleep when he was hiking?
(a) 72 hours.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 48 hours.
3. In Chapter 1, how old was Fawcett?
4. How old was Fawcett's father when he died?
5. When did Fawcett propose to Nina?
(a) February 11, 1892.
(b) September 2, 1893.
(c) June 30, 1891.
(d) October 29, 1890.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the fish in the Amazon that is one of the few creatures in the world that survives strictly on a diet of blood?
2. In Chapter 8, when Sir Roger Casement investigated mistreatment of Indians in the Amazon, how many Indian did he estimate had died at the hands of one rubber company alone?
3. An expedition of how many men went to the area of Z and died?
4. What birthday did Lynch celebrate when he went on his expedition to find what happened to Fawcett?
5. In Chapter 4, how old was Fawcett when he was sent to the Royal Military Academy at Woolwich?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Nina Paterson's first husband and how long were they married?
2. Where was Fawcett in 1888?
3. In Chapter 9, where and when was Fawcett's signet ring found?
4. In Chapter 1, how was Fawcett described?
5. In Chapter 1, why was Fawcett well-known?
6. When and where was Fawcett's first assignment after he received his diploma from the Royal Geographical Society?
7. What happened to Lynch and his party at the end of Chapter 2?
8. In Chapter 2, how did Fawcett send news of his expedition until he disappeared?
9. What was the condition of Fawcett and his men on the expedition to explore the Rio Verde?
10. How does the author describe himself in Chapter 3?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)