|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In January 1916, what rank was Fawcett promoted to?
(b) Lieutenant colonel.
2. In Chapter 13 when Lynch was in captivity, when he and his son awoke, how many armed men emerged from the forest?
(a) About 150.
(d) Over 100.
3. Who did Raleigh fall in love with on the voyage from New York in Chapter 20?
(a) Daughter of a British duke.
(b) An American girl from New York.
(c) An American girl from California.
(d) Daughter of a British Earl.
4. How old was Fawcett when he volunteered to serve in World War I?
5. What was the population of the metropolitan area of Sao Paulo in Chapter 13?
(b) 18 million.
(c) 1.5 million.
(d) 3 million.
6. In Chapter 11, between what two rivers did Fawcett believe he would find relics of an ancient civilization?
(a) Tapajos and Singu.
(b) Branco and Negro.
(c) Unini and Branco.
(d) Unini and Negro.
7. In Chapter 14, where was Fawcett, Costin, and others exploring when they were attached by arrows?
(a) Beni River.
(b) Mapiri River.
(c) Heath River.
(d) Camargo River.
8. In Chapter 12, what did Murray eat when he was separate from Fawcett and the others?
(a) Dried beef.
(b) Tinned milk.
9. When was Fawcett so poor that he could not pay his membership dues to the Royal Geographical Society?
10. In Chapter 12, how long did pack animals typically survive in the Amazon on an expedition?
(a) 3 months.
(b) No more than a month.
(c) 8 weeks.
(d) About 2 months.
11. In Chapter 12, how much was Fawcett's annual salary from the boundary commission?
(a) About 600 pounds.
(b) 800 pounds.
(c) 925 pounds.
(d) Around 700 pounds.
12. How much did the radio device hat Dr. Rice took on an expedition in Chapter 17 cost?
(a) Around $6,000.
(c) About $5,000.
13. In Chapter 17, when did Nina write to the Royal Geographical Society saying that Fawcett had been gassed?
(a) March 1917.
(b) February 1917.
(c) April 1917.
(d) January 1917.
14. In 1900, how large of a party did Rondon take on an expedition?
15. At the end of Chapter 13, where was Lynch planning an expedition?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Gonzalo Fernandez de Oviedo write about El Dorado?
2. In Chapter 16, what was the date of the manuscript that Grann was allowed to view at Brazil's National Library?
3. In Chapter 12 after Murray got too ill to continue on the expedition, where did he end up where he was treated for his ailments?
4. In Chapter 12, when did Murray reach La Paz?
5. In Chapter 11, how far south were the new coordinates that Grann found for Fawcett's destination after Dead Horse Camp?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)