|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what did Fawcett order the men to do when they were fired upon by arrows?
(a) Play the harmonica and sing.
(d) Play the accordion and sing.
2. In Chapter 11, how far south were the new coordinates that Grann found for Fawcett's destination after Dead Horse Camp?
(a) More than 100 miles.
(b) About 80 miles.
(c) 140 miles.
(d) 60 miles.
3. In Chapter 13, what did Lynch say was the value of the ransom he had to pay to save himself and his party?
4. In Chapter 12, what did Murray eat when he was separate from Fawcett and the others?
(a) Dried beef.
(c) Tinned milk.
5. In Chapter 14, what did Fawcett observe the Guarayo Indians using to catch fish?
6. In Chapter 16, where did the author fly to find another Fawcett document?
(c) Rio de Janeiro.
7. When was Fawcett's daughter Joan born?
8. In Chapter 13, where did Grann land when he arrived in Brazil?
(a) Sao Paulo.
9. When did Fawcett write to the Society and say that he would not subject his wife to the perpetual anxiety of his risky journeys?
10. When was James Murray born?
11. In Chapter 16, how many manuscripts are in Brazil's National Library?
(b) About 500,000.
(c) Around 800,000.
12. In Chapter 12, when did Murray reach La Paz?
(a) End of 1912.
(b) Middle of 1912.
(c) Beginning of 1912.
(d) Summer of 1912.
13. When was Fawcett so poor that he could not pay his membership dues to the Royal Geographical Society?
14. In Chapter 17, where did Fawcett and Lyne dig trenches along with their men?
15. In Chapter 12, what percent of young men did an English general claim were unfit to meet the requirements of military service?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, when did Murray join a Canadian scientific expedition to the Arctic?
2. In January 1916, what rank was Fawcett promoted to?
3. When did the Cinta Larga tribe kill 29 diamond miners who trespassed onto a reservation in western Brazil?
4. How old was Fawcett when he volunteered to serve in World War I?
5. In Chapter 13 when Lynch was in captivity, when he and his son awoke, how many armed men emerged from the forest?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)