|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, when did Nina visit Fawcett in South America?
2. In Chapter 14, when was the only time that Fawcett shot at Indians?
3. When was Fawcett's daughter Joan born?
4. In Chapter 12, during the 1911 expedition, how many pounds were the packs the men carried?
5. In Chapter 16, how many manuscripts are in Brazil's National Library?
(c) About 500,000.
(d) Around 800,000.
6. In Chapter 13, what did Lynch say was the value of the ransom he had to pay to save himself and his party?
7. In Chapter 13, how long did Lynch say that he and his party were held hostage?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 5 days.
8. At the end of Chapter 17, when did Fawcett set out on his own, alone?
(a) May 1921.
(b) July 1921.
(c) August 1921.
(d) April 1921.
9. How old was Fawcett when he volunteered to serve in World War I?
10. When was James Murray born?
11. In Chapter 14, what did Fawcett order the men to do when they were fired upon by arrows?
(a) Play the harmonica and sing.
(b) Play the accordion and sing.
12. How many documents are housed in Brazil's National Library?
(a) 7.5 million.
(b) About 8 million.
(c) 9.5 million.
(d) More than 9 million.
13. When did Gonzalo Pizarro launch the first expedition in search of El Dorado?
14. In Chapter 13 when Lynch was in captivity, when he and his son awoke, how many armed men emerged from the forest?
(b) Over 100.
(c) About 150.
15. In Chapter 12, when did Murray reach La Paz?
(a) End of 1912.
(b) Beginning of 1912.
(c) Summer of 1912.
(d) Middle of 1912.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Fawcett write to the Society and say that he would not subject his wife to the perpetual anxiety of his risky journeys?
2. In 1900, how large of a party did Rondon take on an expedition?
3. In Chapter 17, when was Fawcett ready to look for the City of Z, but was stopped by World War I?
4. What was Fawcett's rank at the beginning of Chapter 17 when he was in the Royal Field Artillery?
5. In Chapter 14, where was Fawcett, Costin, and others exploring when they were attached by arrows?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)