|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Gonzalo Pizarro launch the first expedition in search of El Dorado?
2. In Chapter 14, where was Fawcett, Costin, and others exploring when they were attached by arrows?
(a) Mapiri River.
(b) Heath River.
(c) Camargo River.
(d) Beni River.
3. In Chapter 12 after Murray got too ill to continue on the expedition, where did he end up where he was treated for his ailments?
(c) Alto Madidi.
(d) Pueblo Putaya.
4. In Chapter 12, how long did pack animals typically survive in the Amazon on an expedition?
(a) 3 months.
(b) About 2 months.
(c) 8 weeks.
(d) No more than a month.
5. In Chapter 18, where did Nina move the family after leaving Jamaica?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
6. When did Germany sign a peace treaty in surrender?
(a) June 18, 1919.
(b) June 11, 1919.
(c) June 4, 1919.
(d) June 28, 1919.
7. How old was Fawcett when he volunteered to serve in World War I?
8. In January 1916, what rank was Fawcett promoted to?
(b) Lieutenant colonel.
9. In Chapter 13, how long did Lynch say that he and his party were held hostage?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 4 days.
10. In Chapter 17, when was Fawcett ready to look for the City of Z, but was stopped by World War I?
(a) October 1914.
(b) August 1914.
(c) September 1914.
(d) November 1914.
11. In Chapter 14, when was the only time that Fawcett shot at Indians?
12. At the end of Chapter 17, when did Fawcett set out on his own, alone?
(a) August 1921.
(b) May 1921.
(c) July 1921.
(d) April 1921.
13. In Chapter 13, what did Lynch say was the value of the ransom he had to pay to save himself and his party?
14. In Chapter 12, during the 1911 expedition, how many pounds were the packs the men carried?
15. When was James Murray born?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Hernan Cortes find the Aztec capital of Tenochtitlan?
2. When was Fawcett awarded he Distinguished Service Order medal?
3. In Chapter 16, what was the date of the manuscript that Grann was allowed to view at Brazil's National Library?
4. When did Fawcett move his family to Jamaica?
5. In 1907 how long was Fawcett home before he wanted to travel again?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)