|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How deep is the Amazon River in some places?
(a) 245 feet.
(b) 15 feet.
(c) 80 feet.
(d) 300 feet.
2. In Chapter 2, at what elevation does the Amazon River begin?
(a) 17,500 feet.
(b) 14,900 feet.
(c) Over 18,000 feet.
(d) About 18,500 feet.
3. In Chapter 2, how many months did Fawcett send dispatches about his expedition?
(a) 8 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 5 months.
4. When did Venetian cartographer Fra Mauro create one of the most exhaustive maps of the world?
5. In Chapter 10 as Fawcett searched for the Verde's source, by how many days of marching did the group run out of food?
(a) Day 11.
(b) Day 15.
(c) Day 12.
(d) Day 9.
6. In Chapter 1, when did the London "Georgraphical Journal" write that Fawcett marked the end of an age?
7. In Chapter 4, how old was Fawcett when he was sent to the Royal Military Academy at Woolwich?
8. When was Fawcett born?
9. What is the name of the fish in the Amazon that is one of the few creatures in the world that survives strictly on a diet of blood?
(d) Black caiman.
10. In Chapter 8, what was the name of Fawcett's British handler?
11. In 1896, how many professors of anthropology were there in Great Britain?
12. When Fawcett and Chivers left Riberalta September 25, 1906, how many desperadoes and native guides accompanied them?
13. In Chapter 1, how many years had Fawcett's adventures captivated the imaginations?
(a) 15 years.
(b) Nearly 2 decades.
(c) About 18 years.
(d) 17 years.
14. In Chapter 4, how old was Fawcett in 1888?
15. In Chapter 6, how long had it been since Fawcett left England for Ceylon?
(a) 11 years.
(b) 8 years.
(c) 21 years.
(d) 14 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Grann talked with one of Fawcett's grandchildren, what were the dates of the diaries that she let Grann read?
2. In 1888, how many fox terriers did Fawcett have in his room?
3. In Chapter 1, what occupation did Jack Fawcett wish to pursue after he returned from the expedition to Z?
4. When did members of the nomadic Nukak-Maku tribe emerge from the Amazon in Colombia and announce that they were ready to join the modern world?
5. In Chapter 10, how old was Frank Fisher when he agreed to explore the Verde with Fawcett?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)