|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were Fawcett and Nina married?
2. In Chapter 8, at what altitude did Fawcett and Chivers begin to feel the heat of the jungle?
(a) 4,000 feet.
(b) 3,000 feet.
(c) 2,500 feet.
(d) 3,500 feet.
3. In Chapter 10 as Fawcett searched for the Verde's source, by how many days of marching did the group run out of food?
(a) Day 9.
(b) Day 11.
(c) Day 15.
(d) Day 12.
4. When did Francisco de Orellan and his army of Spanish conquistadores go down the Amazon River?
5. In Chapter 6, what did Lieutenant T. Dannreuther collect?
(b) Dried flowers and grasses.
(c) Rare butterflies and insects.
6. In Chapter 2, how many months did Fawcett send dispatches about his expedition?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 8 months.
7. In Chapter 6, how long had it been since Fawcett left England for Ceylon?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 14 years.
(c) 11 years.
(d) 21 years.
8. In 1900, where were classes held at the Royal Geographical Society?
(a) Second floor.
(b) Third floor.
(d) First floor.
9. In 1901, where was Fawcett sent by the British government as a spy?
10. How old was Grann in Chapter 3?
(a) Nearly 40.
(b) About 50.
11. What percent of the waters from South American drain into the Amazon?
(b) Nearly 40%.
(c) About 30%.
12. When did B. F. Goodrich manufacture the first automobile tires in the United States?
13. In 1896, how many professors of anthropology were there in Great Britain?
14. In Chapter 6, what was anthropology called?
(a) Science of savages.
(b) Science of the uncivilized.
(c) Science of the undomesticated.
(d) Native people studies.
15. In Chapter 5, when did Grann visit the Royal Geographical Society?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Theodore Roosevelt explore an Amazon tributary?
2. In Chapter 8, when did Fawcett and Chivers begin their journey to Bolivia to map borders?
3. In Chapter 1, when did the London "Georgraphical Journal" write that Fawcett marked the end of an age?
4. An expedition of how many men went to the area of Z and died?
5. In Chapter 4, how old was Fawcett when he was sent to the Royal Military Academy at Woolwich?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)