|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five - Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Fawcett write to the Society and say that he would not subject his wife to the perpetual anxiety of his risky journeys?
2. In 1888, how many fox terriers did Fawcett have in his room?
3. In Chapter 21, what crop was being planted in Mato Grosso?
4. When did Bolivia and Brazil attempt to build a railroad through the jungle?
5. In 1864 when there were boundary disputes between Paraguay and its neighbors, how much of the Paraguayan population was killed?
(b) A quarter.
(c) At least a third.
(d) About half.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did members of the nomadic Nukak-Maku tribe emerge from the Amazon in Colombia and announce that they were ready to join the modern world?
2. When did Venetian cartographer Fra Mauro create one of the most exhaustive maps of the world?
3. In Chapter 23, how long was the son who was in line to become chief sequestered to learn the rituals and responsibilities of adulthood?
4. When did Fawcett move his family to Jamaica?
5. In Chapter 1, what size was the SS Vauban?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)