|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five - Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the company that owned the SS Vauban?
(a) Hain Steamship Company.
(b) Lamport & Holt.
(c) Arkona Group.
(d) Cie Maritime Belge.
2. In Chapter 14, who did Fawcett fear as a rival?
(a) Henry Savage Landor.
(b) Alexander Hamilton Rice.
(c) Theodore Roosevelt.
(d) Candido Mariano da Silva Rondon.
3. When did Francisco de Orellan and his army of Spanish conquistadores go down the Amazon River?
4. In Chapter 21, what crop was being planted in Mato Grosso?
5. In Chapter 9, where did Grann find one of Fawcett's grandchildren?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people did Fawcett choose to go on his expedition to Z in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 25, when did Udo Luckner predict that the world would end?
3. In Chapter 16, what was the date of the manuscript that Grann was allowed to view at Brazil's National Library?
4. In Chapter 2, how many Indian tribes did the Brazilian government estimate at the time of the writing of the book had never been contacted by outsiders?
5. In Chapter 11, between what two rivers did Fawcett believe he would find relics of an ancient civilization?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)