|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four - Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, when did Murray join a Canadian scientific expedition to the Arctic?
(a) July 1913.
(b) June 1913.
(c) April 1913.
(d) May 1913.
2. In Chapter 6 as a pack animal, how much could an ass carry?
(a) 100 pounds.
(d) 65 pounds.
3. What is the name of the fish in the Amazon that is one of the few creatures in the world that survives strictly on a diet of blood?
(a) Black caiman.
4. In Chapter 13, how long did Lynch say that he and his party were held hostage?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 5 days.
5. How old was Fawcett when he volunteered to serve in World War I?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12 after Murray got too ill to continue on the expedition, where did he end up where he was treated for his ailments?
2. When was Fawcett's daughter Joan born?
3. When did Speke claim that he discovered the source of the Nile?
4. In Chapter 14, when was the only time that Fawcett shot at Indians?
5. In Chapter 18, where did Nina move the family after leaving Jamaica?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)