|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four - Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how many years had Fawcett's adventures captivated the imaginations?
(a) 15 years.
(b) About 18 years.
(c) 17 years.
(d) Nearly 2 decades.
2. How old was Edward Ayearst Reeves in Chapter 6?
(a) Early 30s.
(d) Late 30s.
3. When did Reeves begin working at the Royal Geographical Society?
4. In Chapter 2, how long did James Lynch once go without sleep when he was hiking?
(a) 72 hours.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) 48 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
5. In Chapter 12, when did Murray reach La Paz?
(a) Beginning of 1912.
(b) Middle of 1912.
(c) End of 1912.
(d) Summer of 1912.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Royal Geographical Society award him with a gold medal for his contributions to mapping South America?
2. In Chapter 10, although Fawcett and his men cut, chopped, pulled, and pushed through the jungle from morning until evening, how much did they advance daily?
3. In 1896, what was the speed limit for automobiles raised to in London?
4. In Chapter 18, how many horsepower did Dr. Rice's hydroplane have?
5. When did Gonzalo Fernandez de Oviedo write about El Dorado?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)