|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three - Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what was anthropology called?
(a) Science of the uncivilized.
(b) Native people studies.
(c) Science of savages.
(d) Science of the undomesticated.
2. When did Francisco de Orellan and his army of Spanish conquistadores go down the Amazon River?
3. In Chapter 12, where was Fawcett's family living in 1907?
4. In Chapter 8, at what altitude did Fawcett and Chivers begin to feel the heat of the jungle?
(a) 4,000 feet.
(b) 2,500 feet.
(c) 3,000 feet.
(d) 3,500 feet.
5. When were Fawcett and Nina married?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did members of the nomadic Nukak-Maku tribe emerge from the Amazon in Colombia and announce that they were ready to join the modern world?
2. In Chapter 13 when Lynch was in captivity, when he and his son awoke, how many armed men emerged from the forest?
3. In Chapter 1, what size was the SS Vauban?
4. In Chapter 14, when was the only time that Fawcett shot at Indians?
5. In Chapter 14, what did Fawcett observe the Guarayo Indians using to catch fish?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)