|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three - Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, when did Nina visit Fawcett in South America?
2. What was the name of the company that owned the SS Vauban?
(a) Lamport & Holt.
(b) Arkona Group.
(c) Cie Maritime Belge.
(d) Hain Steamship Company.
3. When did Fawcett write to the Society and say that he would not subject his wife to the perpetual anxiety of his risky journeys?
4. When did Bolivia and Brazil attempt to build a railroad through the jungle?
5. How old was Jack Fawcett in 1907?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, how long did pack animals typically survive in the Amazon on an expedition?
2. In Chapter 8, what was the name of Fawcett's British handler?
3. In Chapter 8, when Sir Roger Casement investigated mistreatment of Indians in the Amazon, how many Indian did he estimate had died at the hands of one rubber company alone?
4. In Chapter 13, how long did Lynch say that he and his party were held hostage?
5. When did Reeves begin working at the Royal Geographical Society?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)