|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two - Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Venetian cartographer Fra Mauro create one of the most exhaustive maps of the world?
2. When Fawcett and Chivers left Riberalta September 25, 1906, how many desperadoes and native guides accompanied them?
3. In Chapter 9, where did Grann find one of Fawcett's grandchildren?
4. In Chapter 8, what was the name of Fawcett's British handler?
5. When did Fawcett propose to Nina?
(a) September 2, 1893.
(b) February 11, 1892.
(c) October 29, 1890.
(d) June 30, 1891.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, when did Fawcett and Chivers begin their journey to Bolivia to map borders?
2. In Chapter 2, how many months did Fawcett send dispatches about his expedition?
3. In Chapter 8, when Sir Roger Casement investigated mistreatment of Indians in the Amazon, how many Indian did he estimate had died at the hands of one rubber company alone?
4. When was Fawcett born?
5. In Chapter 8, when did Sir George Taubman Goldie summon Fawcett and ask him what he knew about Bolivia?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)