|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two - Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, when did Sir George Taubman Goldie summon Fawcett and ask him what he knew about Bolivia?
2. How long of a period of time did Fawcett study at the Royal Geographical Society?
(a) More than a year.
(b) 36 months.
(c) About 2 years.
(d) 18 months.
3. What is the name of the fish in the Amazon that is one of the few creatures in the world that survives strictly on a diet of blood?
(d) Black caiman.
4. In 1901, where was Fawcett sent by the British government as a spy?
5. In 1896, what was the speed limit for automobiles raised to in London?
(a) 15 miles per hour.
(b) 16 miles per hour.
(c) 14 miles per hour.
(d) 13 miles per hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what was the first frontier town that Fawcett and Chivers came to?
2. When was Fawcett's signet ring found?
3. When did Francisco de Orellan and his army of Spanish conquistadores go down the Amazon River?
4. How old was Raleigh Rimel when his father died?
5. How old was Fawcett's father when he died?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)