|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One - Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Francisco de Orellan and his army of Spanish conquistadores go down the Amazon River?
2. How old was Fawcett's father when he died?
3. In Chapter 1, how many years had Fawcett's adventures captivated the imaginations?
(a) 17 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) About 18 years.
(d) Nearly 2 decades.
4. In Chapter 1, what size was the SS Vauban?
(a) 680 feet.
(b) 321 feet.
(c) 511 feet.
(d) 492 feet.
5. In Chapter 2, how many months did Fawcett send dispatches about his expedition?
(a) 8 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 2 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Royal Geographical Society award him with a gold medal for his contributions to mapping South America?
2. In Chapter 1, what occupation did Jack Fawcett wish to pursue after he returned from the expedition to Z?
3. When did Grann first learn about Fawcett?
4. How old was Raleigh Rimel when his father died?
5. What was the name of the company that owned the SS Vauban?
This section contains 148 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)