|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five - Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, when did Fawcett and Chivers begin their journey to Bolivia to map borders?
(a) April 4, 1905.
(b) July 4, 1906.
(c) June 21, 1908.
(d) May 11, 1907.
2. In Chapter 16, what type of ceiling was in the manuscript division in Brazil's National Library?
3. When Fawcett left in 1925, how many people did he say were aware of their objective?
(a) 40 million.
(d) 35 million.
4. In Chapter 11, between what two rivers did Fawcett believe he would find relics of an ancient civilization?
(a) Branco and Negro.
(b) Unini and Negro.
(c) Tapajos and Singu.
(d) Unini and Branco.
5. How tall was the Australian boxer, Lewis Brown, who accompanied Fawcett on an expedition in Chapter 17?
(a) 5 feet 8 inches.
(b) 5 feet 11 inches.
(c) 6 feet 3 inches.
(d) 6 feet 5 inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 22, where were Nina and Joan living?
2. When were Fawcett and Nina married?
3. In Chapter 11, how far south were the new coordinates that Grann found for Fawcett's destination after Dead Horse Camp?
4. In Chapter 12, how much was Fawcett's annual salary from the boundary commission?
5. Who did Raleigh fall in love with on the voyage from New York in Chapter 20?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)