|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David is 17, who does he become obsessed with finding?
(a) His father.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) His brothers.
(d) His mother.
2. After the Johnny Jones task, David meets with Ms. Gold. What does he tell her?
(a) He tells her to take him back to his mother.
(b) He tells her he dislikes Lilian.
(c) He tells her he hates her.
(d) He tells her he is constantly afraid.
3. After his punishment for the Johnny Jones task, what does David do on an impulse?
(a) Spends all his money.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Beats up Johnny Jones.
4. What special task do the Turnboughs do for David?
(a) The Turnboughs have their license changed to allow boys.
(b) The Turnboughs throw him a party.
(c) The Turnboughs buy him a new bike.
(d) The Turnboughs buy him a car.
5. After David leaves the Jones' foster home, which foster home did he revisit?
(a) The Nulls'.
(b) The Cantanzes'.
(c) The Golds'.
(d) The Turnboughs'.
6. What does David realize when Carlos and he see his brother?
(a) That his brother is now the one being abused.
(b) That his brother is living with their father.
(c) That his brother hates him.
(d) That his brother is now in foster care.
7. What did David's mother stand up and shout during the hearing?
(a) She shouted that she loved David.
(b) She shouted that she was sorry.
(c) She shouted that the court was wrong and that David was evil.
(d) She shouted that she was happy for David's punishment.
8. Who is David mad at after he completes the Johnny Jones task?
(c) Johnny Jones.
9. Who is Uncle Lee?
(a) David's mother's brother.
(b) A Pelzer family friend.
(c) David's father's brother.
(d) David's former foster parent.
10. After the failed plan, what does David beg John to do?
(a) He asks him to stay the night.
(b) He asks him to tell the truth.
(c) He asks him to lie.
(d) He asks him to run away.
11. What realization did David have after meeting with his father in the "Break Away" chapter?
(a) That he would see his father the next day.
(b) That he would never see his father again.
(c) That he would move in with his father when he turned 18.
(d) That he didn't love his father.
12. Why was the Jones' foster care home closed down?
(a) Mr. Jones was accused of rape.
(b) Mr. Jones wanted a divorce.
(c) Mrs. Jones wanted a divorce.
(d) Mrs. Jones died.
13. Who called David the day before he left for the Air Force?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(d) Ms. Gold.
14. Where did David have to go after he was blamed for John's plan?
(a) He had to go to Ms. Gold's house.
(b) He had to go to his mother's house.
(c) He had to go to the store.
(d) He had to go to the Hill.
15. Where did Rudy threaten to take David if he didn't change his attitude?
(a) The Hill.
(b) The Garage.
(c) The Big House.
(d) The Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is David's first visitor at the Hill?
2. While at the Turnboughs, why does David only wash his clothes on Saturdays and Sundays?
3. What do David and his brother agree to do the following day?
4. When David arrives at The Catanzes' house after his release from the Hill, what do the other foster children do?
5. What was the occupation of David's Father?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)