|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David's father says he can forgive David for causing the family problems, but what can't he forgive him for?
(a) He can't forgive him for his divorce.
(b) He can't forgive him for going to the Hill.
(c) He can't forgive him for 'starting a fire.'
(d) He can't forgive him for running away.
2. What arrangements did Gordan have to make for David because he couldn't find a foster home for him?
(a) David had to stay at the Cantanzes'.
(b) David had to stay with Gordan.
(c) David had to stay with his mother.
(d) David had to stay at the Hill.
3. What happens after David completes his Johnny Jones task?
(b) Johnny pays him for his task.
(c) He fights Johnny.
(d) He gets caught by Johnny's father.
4. Where did David have to go after he was blamed for John's plan?
(a) He had to go to the Hill.
(b) He had to go to Ms. Gold's house.
(c) He had to go to the store.
(d) He had to go to his mother's house.
5. What actions cause David to gain acceptance from his peers?
6. What did David and Harold begin to argue over in the "Coming Around" chapter?
(a) The car.
(b) The reading lamp.
(c) The way David completed his chores.
(d) The couch.
7. What did Uncle Lee say destroyed Stephen?
(a) His job.
(b) His son reporting the abuse.
(c) His marriage to Roerva.
(d) His son starting a fire.
8. David did finally receive his G.E.D to quiet Alice's nagging. What did he do after he received it?
(a) He never received his G.E.D.
(b) He started a band.
(c) He went to college.
(d) He joined the Air Force.
9. After the failed plan, where does David spend the night?
(a) At the park.
(b) In John's clubhouse.
(c) In John's bedroom.
(d) At Ms. Gold's.
10. Where did David have to sleep at The Turnboughs?
(a) He had to share a room with a girl.
(b) He had to sleep on the floor.
(c) He had to sleep on a cot.
(d) He had to sleep on the couch.
11. After seeing his brother, David holds up his end of the agreement and tries to meet with him the following day. Who is with his brother?
(a) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) Mrs. Jones.
12. Why did David quit school?
(a) He moved to a new foster care home.
(b) He got a job selling cars.
(c) He didn't quit school.
(d) He got a job as a firefighter.
13. Who do Carlos and David bump into while at an elementary school near their middle school?
(a) Russell, David's brother.
(b) Kevin, David's brother.
(c) John, David's brother.
(d) Rick, David's brother.
14. How did David really feel about the plan he was bragging about to his classmates?
(a) He thought it would be an adventure.
(b) He thought it would be fun.
(c) He thought it would never happen.
(d) He thought it would be boring.
15. What wing in the Hill was David eventually moved to?
(a) The D-Wing.
(b) The C-Wing.
(c) The F-Wing.
(d) The A-Wing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did David's new psychiatrist feel David would benefit from reading?
2. What did David's mother stand up and shout during the hearing?
3. When David is 15, he feels that the countdown to his 18th birthday has begun. He knows when he is 18 he will have to leave the foster care system. What step does David take to prepare for this event?
4. Who was the superintendent of the Hill's C-Wing?
5. Where did David finally find his Father?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)