|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David is sent to live with Harold and Alice Turnbough. What aren't The Turnboughs licensed for?
(a) They are not licensed to take boys.
(b) They are not licensed to drive.
(c) They are not licensed to take girls.
(d) They are not licensed to have foster children,
2. Who becomes David's probation officer?
(a) Stephen Pelzer.
(b) Carl Miguel.
(c) Ms. Gold.
(d) Gordon Hutcheson.
3. Where did Rudy threaten to take David if he didn't change his attitude?
(a) The Garage.
(b) The Big House.
(c) The Hill.
(d) The Hall.
4. What arrangements did Gordan have to make for David because he couldn't find a foster home for him?
(a) David had to stay at the Cantanzes'.
(b) David had to stay with his mother.
(c) David had to stay at the Hill.
(d) David had to stay with Gordan.
5. After the failed plan, where does David spend the night?
(a) In John's clubhouse.
(b) At the park.
(c) At Ms. Gold's.
(d) In John's bedroom.
6. What plan does John concoct that David eagerly goes along with and brags about to his classmates?
(a) To run away together.
(b) To play a prank on a classmate.
(c) To burn down Mr. Smith's classroom.
(d) To beat up a teacher.
7. What was David's father afraid would happen if his co-workers found out his son started a fire?
(a) He was afraid it would hurt his career.
(b) He was afraid they would stop talking to him.
(c) He was afraid they would tease him.
(d) He was afraid they would throw him a party.
8. What did Lilian tell David about his turtle on the ride home to The Cantanzes' house?
(a) She said she gave it to another child.
(b) She said it died.
(c) She said it was soup.
(d) She said it ran away.
9. How does David feel when he's moved to the new wing at the Hill?
(a) He feels sad.
(b) He feels afraid.
(c) He feels safe.
(d) He feels threaten.
10. Who drove David to the Hill?
(c) Ms. Gold.
11. After trying to meet with his brother the second day, David and Carlos run. What did David fear was going to happen?
(a) He feared his father was going to stab him.
(b) He feared his mother was going to stab him.
(c) He feared his mother would run him over with her car.
(d) He feared his father would kidnap him.
12. From whose arms did Gordan have to physically remove David when it was time to leave?
(d) Big Larry's.
13. David begins to see a new psychiatrist during his time with the Turnboughs. Who is his new doctor?
(a) Harold Turnbough.
(b) Donald Roberson.
(c) Alice Turnbough.
(d) Stephen Pelzer.
14. When David is a sophomore in high school, what program does his school place him in?
(a) A vocational program.
(b) A slow learner program.
(c) An advanced learning program.
(d) A work-school program.
15. When David is moved to his next foster home, Joanne and Michael Nulls, how does Joanne treat David?
(a) She treats David like a friend.
(b) She treats David like a baby.
(c) She treats David like a husband.
(d) She treats David like a dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who moves into the Turnbough house that David does not like?
2. When David is 15, he feels that the countdown to his 18th birthday has begun. He knows when he is 18 he will have to leave the foster care system. What step does David take to prepare for this event?
3. What special task do the Turnboughs do for David?
4. Where did David finally find his Father?
5. What happens after David completes his Johnny Jones task?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)