|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David's father says he can forgive David for causing the family problems, but what can't he forgive him for?
(a) He can't forgive him for his divorce.
(b) He can't forgive him for going to the Hill.
(c) He can't forgive him for 'starting a fire.'
(d) He can't forgive him for running away.
2. Who drove David to the Hill?
(a) Ms. Gold.
3. At David's new foster home in the "Coming Around" chapter, the foster parents decided to move. What did David assume would happen when they moved?
(a) He assumed nothing, because the family didn't move.
(b) He would move with them.
(c) He would be placed in a new foster home.
(d) He would move to his mother's.
4. What realization did David have after meeting with his father in the "Break Away" chapter?
(a) That he would never see his father again.
(b) That he would move in with his father when he turned 18.
(c) That he would see his father the next day.
(d) That he didn't love his father.
5. Who becomes David's probation officer?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) Carl Miguel.
(c) Stephen Pelzer.
(d) Gordon Hutcheson.
6. What plan does John concoct that David eagerly goes along with and brags about to his classmates?
(a) To burn down Mr. Smith's classroom.
(b) To beat up a teacher.
(c) To play a prank on a classmate.
(d) To run away together.
7. What do David and his brother agree to do the following day?
(a) They agree to never speak again.
(b) They agree to run away.
(c) They agree to become friends.
(d) They agree to meet again.
8. What did Uncle Lee say destroyed Stephen?
(a) His job.
(b) His son starting a fire.
(c) His marriage to Roerva.
(d) His son reporting the abuse.
9. What did David's new psychiatrist feel David would benefit from reading?
(a) Medical books.
(b) Education books.
(c) Psychology books.
(d) Animal books.
10. What did David's mother tell officials David intentionally did?
(a) She said he intentionally started fires in her home.
(b) She said he intentionally hit her.
(c) She said he intentionally stole food.
(d) She said he intentionally ruined her life.
11. After the Johnny Jones task, David meets with Ms. Gold. What does he tell her?
(a) He tells her to take him back to his mother.
(b) He tells her he is constantly afraid.
(c) He tells her he dislikes Lilian.
(d) He tells her he hates her.
12. How many days did the judge sentence David to stay at the Hill.
(a) 365 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 100 days.
(d) 34 days.
13. Where did David have to sleep at The Turnboughs?
(a) He had to sleep on the couch.
(b) He had to share a room with a girl.
(c) He had to sleep on the floor.
(d) He had to sleep on a cot.
14. Who is David's first visitor at the Hill?
(a) His mother.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Catanze.
(c) His father.
(d) Ms. Gold.
15. Who did David say were his true mother and father?
(a) Lilian and Rudy Cantanze.
(b) Vera and Jody Jones.
(c) Roerva and Stephen Pelzer.
(d) Alice and Harold Turnbough.
Short Answer Questions
1. After David left the Nulls', he was placed with Vera and Jody Jones. How far was their home from his mother's home?
2. What wing in the Hill was David eventually moved to?
3. What did Lilian bring with her on her visit to the Hill?
4. Who did David think of when he was aboard a 747 heading for his new life?
5. What information does David's second visitor at the Hill tell him?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)