|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes David's probation officer?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) Carl Miguel.
(c) Stephen Pelzer.
(d) Gordon Hutcheson.
2. After his punishment for the Johnny Jones task, what does David do on an impulse?
(b) Beats up Johnny Jones.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Spends all his money.
3. When David is 17, who does he become obsessed with finding?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brothers.
(d) Ms. Gold.
4. Why does David want to keep his friendship with John?
(a) John is his only friend.
(b) John threatened him.
(c) He feels sorry for John.
(d) He is scared of John.
5. When David is moved to his next foster home, Joanne and Michael Nulls, how does Joanne treat David?
(a) She treats David like a dog.
(b) She treats David like a friend.
(c) She treats David like a husband.
(d) She treats David like a baby.
6. Who was the superintendent of the Hill's C-Wing?
(a) Gordon Hutcheson.
(b) Rudy Cantanze.
(c) Carl Miguel.
(d) Ms. Gold.
7. On Saturdays, what in special event did David and Alice partake?
(a) They went to the movies.
(b) They played games.
(c) They went to music concerts.
(d) They went to dances.
8. What did David and Harold begin to argue over in the "Coming Around" chapter?
(a) The couch.
(b) The way David completed his chores.
(c) The reading lamp.
(d) The car.
9. What does David realize when Carlos and he see his brother?
(a) That his brother is now the one being abused.
(b) That his brother hates him.
(c) That his brother is now in foster care.
(d) That his brother is living with their father.
10. What was the occupation of David's Father?
(a) He was a teacher.
(b) He was a firefighter.
(c) He was a doctor.
(d) He was a police officer.
11. David is sent to live with Harold and Alice Turnbough. What aren't The Turnboughs licensed for?
(a) They are not licensed to drive.
(b) They are not licensed to have foster children,
(c) They are not licensed to take boys.
(d) They are not licensed to take girls.
12. When David is 15, he feels that the countdown to his 18th birthday has begun. He knows when he is 18 he will have to leave the foster care system. What step does David take to prepare for this event?
(a) David begins begging for an allowance.
(b) David does nothing to prepare for this event.
(c) David begins stealing.
(d) David begins working.
13. Who did David say were his true mother and father?
(a) Vera and Jody Jones.
(b) Lilian and Rudy Cantanze.
(c) Roerva and Stephen Pelzer.
(d) Alice and Harold Turnbough.
14. What did David's mother tell officials David intentionally did?
(a) She said he intentionally started fires in her home.
(b) She said he intentionally ruined her life.
(c) She said he intentionally hit her.
(d) She said he intentionally stole food.
15. Why was David removed from the Nulls' home?
(a) They were having a baby.
(b) They were moving.
(c) They were getting a divorce.
(d) They lost their foster parent license.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did David think of when he was aboard a 747 heading for his new life?
2. How does David describe the new neighborhood that he and his foster family move to in the "Coming Around" chapter?
3. At David's new foster home in the "Coming Around" chapter, the foster parents decided to move. What did David assume would happen when they moved?
4. Why did David quit school?
5. After David leaves the Jones' foster home, which foster home did he revisit?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)