|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wing in the Hill was David eventually moved to?
(a) The F-Wing.
(b) The D-Wing.
(c) The C-Wing.
(d) The A-Wing.
2. What special task do the Turnboughs do for David?
(a) The Turnboughs buy him a new bike.
(b) The Turnboughs have their license changed to allow boys.
(c) The Turnboughs throw him a party.
(d) The Turnboughs buy him a car.
3. What did Uncle Lee say destroyed Stephen?
(a) His son starting a fire.
(b) His job.
(c) His marriage to Roerva.
(d) His son reporting the abuse.
4. What did Lilian bring with her on her visit to the Hill?
(a) She brought David new clothes.
(b) She brought David's pet turtle.
(c) She brought David's brothers.
(d) She brought David's bike.
5. After David leaves the Jones' foster home, which foster home did he revisit?
(a) The Cantanzes'.
(b) The Golds'.
(c) The Nulls'.
(d) The Turnboughs'.
6. How does David describe the new neighborhood that he and his foster family move to in the "Coming Around" chapter?
(a) He calls it 'The Trailerpark.'
(b) He calls it 'The Cookie-cutter.'
(c) He calls it 'The Ghetto.'
(d) He calls it 'The Leave it to Beaver' neighborhood.
7. Why did David feel he did well at the juvenile lock-up?
(a) He made many life-long friends.
(b) He liked the strict routine and knew what to expect.
(c) He received an award for his behavior.
(d) He had lots of frredom and could do what he wanted.
8. While living with the Jones, David becomes best friends with what person?
9. What did David's mother stand up and shout during the hearing?
(a) She shouted that she was sorry.
(b) She shouted that she was happy for David's punishment.
(c) She shouted that the court was wrong and that David was evil.
(d) She shouted that she loved David.
10. David's father says he can forgive David for causing the family problems, but what can't he forgive him for?
(a) He can't forgive him for running away.
(b) He can't forgive him for 'starting a fire.'
(c) He can't forgive him for his divorce.
(d) He can't forgive him for going to the Hill.
11. When David arrives at The Catanzes' house after his release from the Hill, what do the other foster children do?
(a) They look at him differently.
(b) They play a game with him.
(c) They throw him a party.
(d) They avoid him.
12. Who did David think of when he was aboard a 747 heading for his new life?
(a) Michael Marsh.
(b) Jody Jones.
(c) Stephen Pelzer.
(d) Alice Turnbough.
13. What was the occupation of David's Father?
(a) He was a firefighter.
(b) He was a police officer.
(c) He was a teacher.
(d) He was a doctor.
14. What grade is David getting ready to enter when he lives with the Catanzes?
(a) 7th grade.
(b) 6th grade.
(c) 4th grade.
(d) 5th grade.
15. After his punishment for the Johnny Jones task, what does David do on an impulse?
(a) Spends all his money.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Beats up Johnny Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David want to keep his friendship with John?
2. Who is David's first visitor at the Hill?
3. Where did David finally find his Father?
4. Where did David have to go after he was blamed for John's plan?
5. Why did David quit school?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)