|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did David think of when he was aboard a 747 heading for his new life?
(a) Michael Marsh.
(b) Jody Jones.
(c) Stephen Pelzer.
(d) Alice Turnbough.
2. What did Johnny Jones dare David to do?
(a) Steal a magazine from the book store.
(b) Steal a pen from their teacher.
(c) Steal a beer from the grocery store.
(d) Steal an airplane from Walgreen's.
3. What actions cause David to gain acceptance from his peers?
4. David is sent to live with Harold and Alice Turnbough. What aren't The Turnboughs licensed for?
(a) They are not licensed to take girls.
(b) They are not licensed to take boys.
(c) They are not licensed to drive.
(d) They are not licensed to have foster children,
5. After the failed plan, where does David spend the night?
(a) At the park.
(b) In John's clubhouse.
(c) In John's bedroom.
(d) At Ms. Gold's.
6. Why was David removed from the Nulls' home?
(a) They lost their foster parent license.
(b) They were having a baby.
(c) They were moving.
(d) They were getting a divorce.
7. Who is Uncle Lee?
(a) David's father's brother.
(b) David's former foster parent.
(c) David's mother's brother.
(d) A Pelzer family friend.
8. After David leaves the Turnbough house, who does he move in with?
(a) The Cantanzes.
(b) The Smiths.
(c) The Walshes.
(d) The Jones.
9. At David's new foster home in the "Coming Around" chapter, the foster parents decided to move. What did David assume would happen when they moved?
(a) He would move with them.
(b) He would move to his mother's.
(c) He would be placed in a new foster home.
(d) He assumed nothing, because the family didn't move.
10. What do David and his brother agree to do the following day?
(a) They agree to never speak again.
(b) They agree to meet again.
(c) They agree to run away.
(d) They agree to become friends.
11. After the Johnny Jones task, David meets with Ms. Gold. What does he tell her?
(a) He tells her he is constantly afraid.
(b) He tells her he dislikes Lilian.
(c) He tells her to take him back to his mother.
(d) He tells her he hates her.
12. Who is David mad at after he completes the Johnny Jones task?
(b) Johnny Jones.
13. Where did David finally find his Father?
(a) At the firehouse.
(b) At the bus stop.
(c) At the mall.
(d) At the Mission District.
14. What happens after David completes his Johnny Jones task?
(a) Johnny pays him for his task.
(c) He gets caught by Johnny's father.
(d) He fights Johnny.
15. Who becomes David's probation officer?
(a) Stephen Pelzer.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) Carl Miguel.
(d) Gordon Hutcheson.
Short Answer Questions
1. When David is a sophomore in high school, what program does his school place him in?
2. Who is David's first visitor at the Hill?
3. After trying to meet with his brother the second day, David and Carlos run. What did David fear was going to happen?
4. What information does David's second visitor at the Hill tell him?
5. What did David's mother tell officials David intentionally did?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)