|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lilian tell David about his turtle on the ride home to The Cantanzes' house?
(a) She said she gave it to another child.
(b) She said it died.
(c) She said it ran away.
(d) She said it was soup.
2. Where did David have to sleep at The Turnboughs?
(a) He had to sleep on the floor.
(b) He had to sleep on the couch.
(c) He had to sleep on a cot.
(d) He had to share a room with a girl.
3. What did David's new psychiatrist feel David would benefit from reading?
(a) Medical books.
(b) Psychology books.
(c) Education books.
(d) Animal books.
4. Who moves into the Turnbough house that David does not like?
5. Who did David say were his true mother and father?
(a) Lilian and Rudy Cantanze.
(b) Alice and Harold Turnbough.
(c) Roerva and Stephen Pelzer.
(d) Vera and Jody Jones.
6. David did finally receive his G.E.D to quiet Alice's nagging. What did he do after he received it?
(a) He never received his G.E.D.
(b) He started a band.
(c) He went to college.
(d) He joined the Air Force.
7. Summer is over and David returns to school. Who 'befriends' David?
8. What information does David's second visitor at the Hill tell him?
(a) That David will be asked to leave the Hill soon.
(b) This second visitor wants David to live with them.
(c) That his mother wants him back.
(d) That his mother is trying to have him put in a mental institution.
9. Why did David quit school?
(a) He moved to a new foster care home.
(b) He got a job as a firefighter.
(c) He got a job selling cars.
(d) He didn't quit school.
10. What happened to David when he called a girl a 'horror'?
(a) The girl told the teacher, and David got detention.
(b) The girl told her parents, and David went to the Hill.
(c) Her brother beat him up after school.
(d) Nothing, The girl thought it was funny.
11. After trying to meet with his brother the second day, David and Carlos run. What did David fear was going to happen?
(a) He feared his mother would run him over with her car.
(b) He feared his father was going to stab him.
(c) He feared his mother was going to stab him.
(d) He feared his father would kidnap him.
12. After the Johnny Jones task, David meets with Ms. Gold. What does he tell her?
(a) He tells her to take him back to his mother.
(b) He tells her he hates her.
(c) He tells her he dislikes Lilian.
(d) He tells her he is constantly afraid.
13. Why does David want to keep his friendship with John?
(a) John threatened him.
(b) He is scared of John.
(c) He feels sorry for John.
(d) John is his only friend.
14. How does David feel when he's moved to the new wing at the Hill?
(a) He feels afraid.
(b) He feels safe.
(c) He feels threaten.
(d) He feels sad.
15. What was the occupation of David's Father?
(a) He was a firefighter.
(b) He was a teacher.
(c) He was a doctor.
(d) He was a police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. After seeing his brother, David holds up his end of the agreement and tries to meet with him the following day. Who is with his brother?
2. What does David begin to turn off because of all the drama that's been in his life?
3. What wing in the Hill was David eventually moved to?
4. What do David and his brother agree to do the following day?
5. David begins to see a new psychiatrist during his time with the Turnboughs. Who is his new doctor?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)