|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David is 17, he becomes bored with school. He knows he will be leaving the foster care system soon and has a more important interest. What interest is more important to him than school?
(a) Working to earn money.
(b) His motorbike.
(c) None, he loves school.
2. Who drove David to the Hill?
(a) Ms. Gold.
3. What wing in the Hill was David eventually moved to?
(a) The D-Wing.
(b) The C-Wing.
(c) The F-Wing.
(d) The A-Wing.
4. Who is Uncle Lee?
(a) David's former foster parent.
(b) David's mother's brother.
(c) A Pelzer family friend.
(d) David's father's brother.
5. How does David feel when he's moved to the new wing at the Hill?
(a) He feels safe.
(b) He feels afraid.
(c) He feels sad.
(d) He feels threaten.
6. What was David's father afraid would happen if his co-workers found out his son started a fire?
(a) He was afraid they would tease him.
(b) He was afraid it would hurt his career.
(c) He was afraid they would stop talking to him.
(d) He was afraid they would throw him a party.
7. Gordan visits David in July 1974, what is the purpose of the visit?
(a) To tell David he is going to be his foster parent.
(b) To tell David it is time to move.
(c) To tell David the Cantanzes want to adopt him.
(d) To tell David he has to go back to his mother's.
8. When David arrives at The Catanzes' house after his release from the Hill, what do the other foster children do?
(a) They look at him differently.
(b) They play a game with him.
(c) They throw him a party.
(d) They avoid him.
9. What special task do the Turnboughs do for David?
(a) The Turnboughs buy him a new bike.
(b) The Turnboughs have their license changed to allow boys.
(c) The Turnboughs buy him a car.
(d) The Turnboughs throw him a party.
10. After seeing his brother, David holds up his end of the agreement and tries to meet with him the following day. Who is with his brother?
(a) Mrs. Jones.
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
11. Why did David quit school?
(a) He got a job selling cars.
(b) He didn't quit school.
(c) He got a job as a firefighter.
(d) He moved to a new foster care home.
12. Why was David removed from the Nulls' home?
(a) They were having a baby.
(b) They were getting a divorce.
(c) They lost their foster parent license.
(d) They were moving.
13. While at the Turnboughs, why does David only wash his clothes on Saturdays and Sundays?
(a) He knows the social workers won't come on those days.
(b) He doesn't like washing clothes, and is forced to do it then.
(c) That's his scheduled time to wash his clothes.
(d) Those are the only days he's home.
14. After David leaves the Jones' foster home, which foster home did he revisit?
(a) The Turnboughs'.
(b) The Nulls'.
(c) The Golds'.
(d) The Cantanzes'.
15. Where did David have to go after he was blamed for John's plan?
(a) He had to go to the store.
(b) He had to go to the Hill.
(c) He had to go to Ms. Gold's house.
(d) He had to go to his mother's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. After David left the Nulls', he was placed with Vera and Jody Jones. How far was their home from his mother's home?
2. After the Johnny Jones task, David meets with Ms. Gold. What does he tell her?
3. What grade is David getting ready to enter when he lives with the Catanzes?
4. Why did David feel he did well at the juvenile lock-up?
5. Who was the superintendent of the Hill's C-Wing?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)