|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to stay friends, what task does John ask David to complete?
(a) He asks him to start a fight.
(b) He asks him to bust out the windows of a car.
(c) He asks him to let the air out of the teachers tires.
(d) He asks him to run away.
2. One day, David arrives at school and sees that John had attempted to go through with the plan. What happens as a result?
(a) Everyone thinks David is a hero.
(b) Nothing, nobody cares about the plan.
(c) Everyone blames John.
(d) Everyone thinks David set the fire.
3. Who is David mad at after he completes the Johnny Jones task?
(a) Johnny Jones.
4. David did finally receive his G.E.D to quiet Alice's nagging. What did he do after he received it?
(a) He joined the Air Force.
(b) He never received his G.E.D.
(c) He went to college.
(d) He started a band.
5. David begins to see a new psychiatrist during his time with the Turnboughs. Who is his new doctor?
(a) Harold Turnbough.
(b) Stephen Pelzer.
(c) Donald Roberson.
(d) Alice Turnbough.
6. What does David begin to turn off because of all the drama that's been in his life?
(a) His emotions.
(b) His hearing,
(c) His fears.
(d) His understanding,
7. David is sent to live with Harold and Alice Turnbough. What aren't The Turnboughs licensed for?
(a) They are not licensed to take boys.
(b) They are not licensed to have foster children,
(c) They are not licensed to take girls.
(d) They are not licensed to drive.
8. What special task do the Turnboughs do for David?
(a) The Turnboughs buy him a car.
(b) The Turnboughs buy him a new bike.
(c) The Turnboughs have their license changed to allow boys.
(d) The Turnboughs throw him a party.
9. Summer is over and David returns to school. Who 'befriends' David?
10. Who was David's second visitor at The Hill?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
11. When David is 17, who does he become obsessed with finding?
(a) His brothers.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) Ms. Gold.
12. Who moves into the Turnbough house that David does not like?
13. How did David really feel about the plan he was bragging about to his classmates?
(a) He thought it would never happen.
(b) He thought it would be boring.
(c) He thought it would be fun.
(d) He thought it would be an adventure.
14. How does David describe the new neighborhood that he and his foster family move to in the "Coming Around" chapter?
(a) He calls it 'The Cookie-cutter.'
(b) He calls it 'The Leave it to Beaver' neighborhood.
(c) He calls it 'The Trailerpark.'
(d) He calls it 'The Ghetto.'
15. What do David and his brother agree to do the following day?
(a) They agree to become friends.
(b) They agree to never speak again.
(c) They agree to meet again.
(d) They agree to run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is David's first visitor at the Hill?
2. How many days did the judge sentence David to stay at the Hill.
3. After the Johnny Jones task, David meets with Ms. Gold. What does he tell her?
4. At David's new foster home in the "Coming Around" chapter, the foster parents decided to move. What did David assume would happen when they moved?
5. What wing in the Hill was David eventually moved to?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)