|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drove David to the Hill?
(b) Ms. Gold.
2. What did David and Harold begin to argue over in the "Coming Around" chapter?
(a) The reading lamp.
(b) The car.
(c) The couch.
(d) The way David completed his chores.
3. Who becomes David's probation officer?
(a) Carl Miguel.
(b) Stephen Pelzer.
(c) Gordon Hutcheson.
(d) Ms. Gold.
4. What happens after David completes his Johnny Jones task?
(b) He gets caught by Johnny's father.
(c) Johnny pays him for his task.
(d) He fights Johnny.
5. Gordan visits David in July 1974, what is the purpose of the visit?
(a) To tell David the Cantanzes want to adopt him.
(b) To tell David it is time to move.
(c) To tell David he is going to be his foster parent.
(d) To tell David he has to go back to his mother's.
6. How many days did the judge sentence David to stay at the Hill.
(a) 365 days.
(b) 34 days.
(c) 100 days.
(d) 10 days.
7. After the failed plan, where does David spend the night?
(a) In John's clubhouse.
(b) At Ms. Gold's.
(c) In John's bedroom.
(d) At the park.
8. David feels that the Turnbough residence will be his final foster home. What does David tear up while he's there?
(a) A note from his mother.
(b) A letter from his father.
(c) The list of address of his previous foster homes.
(d) A postcard from his grandmother.
9. How does David describe the new neighborhood that he and his foster family move to in the "Coming Around" chapter?
(a) He calls it 'The Leave it to Beaver' neighborhood.
(b) He calls it 'The Ghetto.'
(c) He calls it 'The Trailerpark.'
(d) He calls it 'The Cookie-cutter.'
10. What plan does John concoct that David eagerly goes along with and brags about to his classmates?
(a) To run away together.
(b) To play a prank on a classmate.
(c) To burn down Mr. Smith's classroom.
(d) To beat up a teacher.
11. How did David really feel about the plan he was bragging about to his classmates?
(a) He thought it would be an adventure.
(b) He thought it would be boring.
(c) He thought it would be fun.
(d) He thought it would never happen.
12. Why was the Jones' foster care home closed down?
(a) Mr. Jones wanted a divorce.
(b) Mr. Jones was accused of rape.
(c) Mrs. Jones wanted a divorce.
(d) Mrs. Jones died.
13. After David leaves the Turnbough house, who does he move in with?
(a) The Cantanzes.
(b) The Smiths.
(c) The Walshes.
(d) The Jones.
14. After David left the Nulls', he was placed with Vera and Jody Jones. How far was their home from his mother's home?
(a) Their home was more than a mile from his mother's home.
(b) Their home 100 miles from his mother's home.
(c) Their home was less than a mile from his mother's home.
(d) Their home was 25 miles from his mother's home.
15. When David is moved to his next foster home, Joanne and Michael Nulls, how does Joanne treat David?
(a) She treats David like a dog.
(b) She treats David like a baby.
(c) She treats David like a husband.
(d) She treats David like a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. After trying to meet with his brother the second day, David and Carlos run. What did David fear was going to happen?
2. When David is 17, who does he become obsessed with finding?
3. Who was the superintendent of the Hill's C-Wing?
4. What did David's mother stand up and shout during the hearing?
5. Why did David quit school?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)