|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David realize when Carlos and he see his brother?
(a) That his brother hates him.
(b) That his brother is now in foster care.
(c) That his brother is living with their father.
(d) That his brother is now the one being abused.
2. How does David feel when he's moved to the new wing at the Hill?
(a) He feels sad.
(b) He feels safe.
(c) He feels threaten.
(d) He feels afraid.
3. What did Johnny Jones dare David to do?
(a) Steal a beer from the grocery store.
(b) Steal a magazine from the book store.
(c) Steal a pen from their teacher.
(d) Steal an airplane from Walgreen's.
4. What special task do the Turnboughs do for David?
(a) The Turnboughs buy him a car.
(b) The Turnboughs have their license changed to allow boys.
(c) The Turnboughs throw him a party.
(d) The Turnboughs buy him a new bike.
5. When David is moved to his next foster home, Joanne and Michael Nulls, how does Joanne treat David?
(a) She treats David like a dog.
(b) She treats David like a husband.
(c) She treats David like a friend.
(d) She treats David like a baby.
6. David did finally receive his G.E.D to quiet Alice's nagging. What did he do after he received it?
(a) He joined the Air Force.
(b) He went to college.
(c) He started a band.
(d) He never received his G.E.D.
7. What information does David's second visitor at the Hill tell him?
(a) This second visitor wants David to live with them.
(b) That his mother is trying to have him put in a mental institution.
(c) That David will be asked to leave the Hill soon.
(d) That his mother wants him back.
8. How did David really feel about the plan he was bragging about to his classmates?
(a) He thought it would be fun.
(b) He thought it would be an adventure.
(c) He thought it would never happen.
(d) He thought it would be boring.
9. One day, David arrives at school and sees that John had attempted to go through with the plan. What happens as a result?
(a) Everyone thinks David set the fire.
(b) Nothing, nobody cares about the plan.
(c) Everyone blames John.
(d) Everyone thinks David is a hero.
10. From whose arms did Gordan have to physically remove David when it was time to leave?
(c) Big Larry's.
11. After David leaves the Turnbough house, who does he move in with?
(a) The Smiths.
(b) The Jones.
(c) The Walshes.
(d) The Cantanzes.
12. Where did Rudy threaten to take David if he didn't change his attitude?
(a) The Big House.
(b) The Garage.
(c) The Hall.
(d) The Hill.
13. Gordan visits David in July 1974, what is the purpose of the visit?
(a) To tell David he has to go back to his mother's.
(b) To tell David the Cantanzes want to adopt him.
(c) To tell David he is going to be his foster parent.
(d) To tell David it is time to move.
14. Why was the Jones' foster care home closed down?
(a) Mr. Jones was accused of rape.
(b) Mr. Jones wanted a divorce.
(c) Mrs. Jones wanted a divorce.
(d) Mrs. Jones died.
15. David's father says he can forgive David for causing the family problems, but what can't he forgive him for?
(a) He can't forgive him for running away.
(b) He can't forgive him for his divorce.
(c) He can't forgive him for 'starting a fire.'
(d) He can't forgive him for going to the Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at the Turnboughs, why does David only wash his clothes on Saturdays and Sundays?
2. After the failed plan, where does David spend the night?
3. When David is a sophomore in high school, what program does his school place him in?
4. David feels that the Turnbough residence will be his final foster home. What does David tear up while he's there?
5. Where did David have to sleep at The Turnboughs?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)