|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special task do the Turnboughs do for David?
(a) The Turnboughs buy him a new bike.
(b) The Turnboughs throw him a party.
(c) The Turnboughs have their license changed to allow boys.
(d) The Turnboughs buy him a car.
2. How does David feel when he's moved to the new wing at the Hill?
(a) He feels afraid.
(b) He feels threaten.
(c) He feels sad.
(d) He feels safe.
3. Why does David want to keep his friendship with John?
(a) He feels sorry for John.
(b) John threatened him.
(c) John is his only friend.
(d) He is scared of John.
4. What information does David's second visitor at the Hill tell him?
(a) That his mother is trying to have him put in a mental institution.
(b) That David will be asked to leave the Hill soon.
(c) That his mother wants him back.
(d) This second visitor wants David to live with them.
5. What arrangements did Gordan have to make for David because he couldn't find a foster home for him?
(a) David had to stay with his mother.
(b) David had to stay at the Hill.
(c) David had to stay with Gordan.
(d) David had to stay at the Cantanzes'.
6. After the failed plan, what does David beg John to do?
(a) He asks him to lie.
(b) He asks him to tell the truth.
(c) He asks him to stay the night.
(d) He asks him to run away.
7. David is sent to live with Harold and Alice Turnbough. What aren't The Turnboughs licensed for?
(a) They are not licensed to take boys.
(b) They are not licensed to take girls.
(c) They are not licensed to drive.
(d) They are not licensed to have foster children,
8. What did Lilian tell David about his turtle on the ride home to The Cantanzes' house?
(a) She said it ran away.
(b) She said it was soup.
(c) She said she gave it to another child.
(d) She said it died.
9. David did finally receive his G.E.D to quiet Alice's nagging. What did he do after he received it?
(a) He never received his G.E.D.
(b) He joined the Air Force.
(c) He started a band.
(d) He went to college.
10. At David's new foster home in the "Coming Around" chapter, the foster parents decided to move. What did David assume would happen when they moved?
(a) He would be placed in a new foster home.
(b) He would move to his mother's.
(c) He would move with them.
(d) He assumed nothing, because the family didn't move.
11. Why was the Jones' foster care home closed down?
(a) Mr. Jones was accused of rape.
(b) Mrs. Jones wanted a divorce.
(c) Mr. Jones wanted a divorce.
(d) Mrs. Jones died.
12. David feels that the Turnbough residence will be his final foster home. What does David tear up while he's there?
(a) A postcard from his grandmother.
(b) A note from his mother.
(c) The list of address of his previous foster homes.
(d) A letter from his father.
13. When David arrives at The Catanzes' house after his release from the Hill, what do the other foster children do?
(a) They play a game with him.
(b) They look at him differently.
(c) They avoid him.
(d) They throw him a party.
14. When David is 17, who does he become obsessed with finding?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) Ms. Gold.
(d) His brothers.
15. What actions cause David to gain acceptance from his peers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What plan does John concoct that David eagerly goes along with and brags about to his classmates?
2. On Saturdays, what in special event did David and Alice partake?
3. Where did David have to go after he was blamed for John's plan?
4. After David leaves the Jones' foster home, which foster home did he revisit?
5. Summer is over and David returns to school. Who 'befriends' David?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)