|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the occupation of David's Father?
(a) He was a doctor.
(b) He was a teacher.
(c) He was a police officer.
(d) He was a firefighter.
2. Who do Carlos and David bump into while at an elementary school near their middle school?
(a) Kevin, David's brother.
(b) John, David's brother.
(c) Rick, David's brother.
(d) Russell, David's brother.
3. Who is Uncle Lee?
(a) David's father's brother.
(b) A Pelzer family friend.
(c) David's mother's brother.
(d) David's former foster parent.
4. Where did David have to go after he was blamed for John's plan?
(a) He had to go to his mother's house.
(b) He had to go to Ms. Gold's house.
(c) He had to go to the store.
(d) He had to go to the Hill.
5. What does David work hard to do when he first arrives at the Hill?
(a) David works hard to receive good grades.
(b) David works hard to cause fights.
(c) David works hard to please his mother.
(d) David works hard to stay away from trouble.
6. After the failed plan, what does David beg John to do?
(a) He asks him to run away.
(b) He asks him to tell the truth.
(c) He asks him to stay the night.
(d) He asks him to lie.
7. While at the Turnboughs, why does David only wash his clothes on Saturdays and Sundays?
(a) Those are the only days he's home.
(b) He knows the social workers won't come on those days.
(c) That's his scheduled time to wash his clothes.
(d) He doesn't like washing clothes, and is forced to do it then.
8. David feels that the Turnbough residence will be his final foster home. What does David tear up while he's there?
(a) A note from his mother.
(b) A letter from his father.
(c) A postcard from his grandmother.
(d) The list of address of his previous foster homes.
9. When David is 17, he becomes bored with school. He knows he will be leaving the foster care system soon and has a more important interest. What interest is more important to him than school?
(a) Working to earn money.
(b) None, he loves school.
(c) His motorbike.
10. What special task do the Turnboughs do for David?
(a) The Turnboughs throw him a party.
(b) The Turnboughs buy him a car.
(c) The Turnboughs have their license changed to allow boys.
(d) The Turnboughs buy him a new bike.
11. What did David's mother tell officials David intentionally did?
(a) She said he intentionally started fires in her home.
(b) She said he intentionally ruined her life.
(c) She said he intentionally hit her.
(d) She said he intentionally stole food.
12. What wing in the Hill was David eventually moved to?
(a) The A-Wing.
(b) The D-Wing.
(c) The F-Wing.
(d) The C-Wing.
13. What was David's father afraid would happen if his co-workers found out his son started a fire?
(a) He was afraid they would stop talking to him.
(b) He was afraid they would throw him a party.
(c) He was afraid they would tease him.
(d) He was afraid it would hurt his career.
14. What happens after David completes his Johnny Jones task?
(a) He gets caught by Johnny's father.
(b) He fights Johnny.
(c) Johnny pays him for his task.
15. Who drove David to the Hill?
(c) Ms. Gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. David did finally receive his G.E.D to quiet Alice's nagging. What did he do after he received it?
2. Why was David removed from the Nulls' home?
3. David is sent to live with Harold and Alice Turnbough. What aren't The Turnboughs licensed for?
4. One day, David arrives at school and sees that John had attempted to go through with the plan. What happens as a result?
5. Where did Rudy threaten to take David if he didn't change his attitude?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)