|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did David quit school?
(a) He moved to a new foster care home.
(b) He didn't quit school.
(c) He got a job as a firefighter.
(d) He got a job selling cars.
2. At David's new foster home in the "Coming Around" chapter, the foster parents decided to move. What did David assume would happen when they moved?
(a) He would move with them.
(b) He assumed nothing, because the family didn't move.
(c) He would be placed in a new foster home.
(d) He would move to his mother's.
3. What wing in the Hill was David eventually moved to?
(a) The C-Wing.
(b) The A-Wing.
(c) The F-Wing.
(d) The D-Wing.
4. Who is David's first visitor at the Hill?
(a) Ms. Gold.
(b) His mother.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Catanze.
(d) His father.
5. One day, David arrives at school and sees that John had attempted to go through with the plan. What happens as a result?
(a) Nothing, nobody cares about the plan.
(b) Everyone thinks David is a hero.
(c) Everyone thinks David set the fire.
(d) Everyone blames John.
6. What plan does John concoct that David eagerly goes along with and brags about to his classmates?
(a) To burn down Mr. Smith's classroom.
(b) To beat up a teacher.
(c) To run away together.
(d) To play a prank on a classmate.
7. When David is moved to his next foster home, Joanne and Michael Nulls, how does Joanne treat David?
(a) She treats David like a dog.
(b) She treats David like a husband.
(c) She treats David like a baby.
(d) She treats David like a friend.
8. After his punishment for the Johnny Jones task, what does David do on an impulse?
(a) Beats up Johnny Jones.
(b) Spends all his money.
(c) Runs away.
9. When David is 17, he becomes bored with school. He knows he will be leaving the foster care system soon and has a more important interest. What interest is more important to him than school?
(a) Working to earn money.
(c) His motorbike.
(d) None, he loves school.
10. David's father says he can forgive David for causing the family problems, but what can't he forgive him for?
(a) He can't forgive him for going to the Hill.
(b) He can't forgive him for his divorce.
(c) He can't forgive him for running away.
(d) He can't forgive him for 'starting a fire.'
11. Who did David say were his true mother and father?
(a) Lilian and Rudy Cantanze.
(b) Roerva and Stephen Pelzer.
(c) Alice and Harold Turnbough.
(d) Vera and Jody Jones.
12. When David is a sophomore in high school, what program does his school place him in?
(a) A slow learner program.
(b) A work-school program.
(c) An advanced learning program.
(d) A vocational program.
13. After David left the Nulls', he was placed with Vera and Jody Jones. How far was their home from his mother's home?
(a) Their home was more than a mile from his mother's home.
(b) Their home was 25 miles from his mother's home.
(c) Their home 100 miles from his mother's home.
(d) Their home was less than a mile from his mother's home.
14. After trying to meet with his brother the second day, David and Carlos run. What did David fear was going to happen?
(a) He feared his father was going to stab him.
(b) He feared his mother would run him over with her car.
(c) He feared his mother was going to stab him.
(d) He feared his father would kidnap him.
15. What do David and his brother agree to do the following day?
(a) They agree to meet again.
(b) They agree to run away.
(c) They agree to become friends.
(d) They agree to never speak again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David realize when Carlos and he see his brother?
2. Where did Rudy threaten to take David if he didn't change his attitude?
3. What was the occupation of David's Father?
4. Who becomes David's probation officer?
5. Why was David removed from the Nulls' home?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)