|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What actions cause David to gain acceptance from his peers?
2. After his punishment for the Johnny Jones task, what does David do on an impulse?
(a) Spends all his money.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Beats up Johnny Jones.
3. At David's new foster home in the "Coming Around" chapter, the foster parents decided to move. What did David assume would happen when they moved?
(a) He assumed nothing, because the family didn't move.
(b) He would move with them.
(c) He would move to his mother's.
(d) He would be placed in a new foster home.
4. What grade is David getting ready to enter when he lives with the Catanzes?
(a) 4th grade.
(b) 6th grade.
(c) 7th grade.
(d) 5th grade.
5. Who becomes David's probation officer?
(a) Stephen Pelzer.
(b) Gordon Hutcheson.
(c) Ms. Gold.
(d) Carl Miguel.
6. David begins to see a new psychiatrist during his time with the Turnboughs. Who is his new doctor?
(a) Harold Turnbough.
(b) Stephen Pelzer.
(c) Donald Roberson.
(d) Alice Turnbough.
7. After David left the Nulls', he was placed with Vera and Jody Jones. How far was their home from his mother's home?
(a) Their home was less than a mile from his mother's home.
(b) Their home 100 miles from his mother's home.
(c) Their home was 25 miles from his mother's home.
(d) Their home was more than a mile from his mother's home.
8. Where did David have to go after he was blamed for John's plan?
(a) He had to go to the store.
(b) He had to go to the Hill.
(c) He had to go to Ms. Gold's house.
(d) He had to go to his mother's house.
9. How does David describe the new neighborhood that he and his foster family move to in the "Coming Around" chapter?
(a) He calls it 'The Leave it to Beaver' neighborhood.
(b) He calls it 'The Trailerpark.'
(c) He calls it 'The Cookie-cutter.'
(d) He calls it 'The Ghetto.'
10. What do David and his brother agree to do the following day?
(a) They agree to never speak again.
(b) They agree to run away.
(c) They agree to meet again.
(d) They agree to become friends.
11. What did Uncle Lee say destroyed Stephen?
(a) His son reporting the abuse.
(b) His son starting a fire.
(c) His marriage to Roerva.
(d) His job.
12. Who drove David to the Hill?
(d) Ms. Gold.
13. What information does David's second visitor at the Hill tell him?
(a) That his mother is trying to have him put in a mental institution.
(b) That his mother wants him back.
(c) This second visitor wants David to live with them.
(d) That David will be asked to leave the Hill soon.
14. What did David's new psychiatrist feel David would benefit from reading?
(a) Animal books.
(b) Education books.
(c) Psychology books.
(d) Medical books.
15. When David arrives at The Catanzes' house after his release from the Hill, what do the other foster children do?
(a) They play a game with him.
(b) They avoid him.
(c) They throw him a party.
(d) They look at him differently.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did David and Harold begin to argue over in the "Coming Around" chapter?
2. What was the occupation of David's Father?
3. What did Lilian tell David about his turtle on the ride home to The Cantanzes' house?
4. Who is David mad at after he completes the Johnny Jones task?
5. After the failed plan, what does David beg John to do?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)