|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the failed plan, what does David beg John to do?
(a) He asks him to run away.
(b) He asks him to tell the truth.
(c) He asks him to stay the night.
(d) He asks him to lie.
2. What does David begin to turn off because of all the drama that's been in his life?
(a) His fears.
(b) His emotions.
(c) His hearing,
(d) His understanding,
3. What do David and his brother agree to do the following day?
(a) They agree to become friends.
(b) They agree to run away.
(c) They agree to never speak again.
(d) They agree to meet again.
4. What information does David's second visitor at the Hill tell him?
(a) That David will be asked to leave the Hill soon.
(b) This second visitor wants David to live with them.
(c) That his mother is trying to have him put in a mental institution.
(d) That his mother wants him back.
5. Gordan visits David in July 1974, what is the purpose of the visit?
(a) To tell David it is time to move.
(b) To tell David he is going to be his foster parent.
(c) To tell David he has to go back to his mother's.
(d) To tell David the Cantanzes want to adopt him.
6. In order to stay friends, what task does John ask David to complete?
(a) He asks him to bust out the windows of a car.
(b) He asks him to let the air out of the teachers tires.
(c) He asks him to start a fight.
(d) He asks him to run away.
7. After David left the Nulls', he was placed with Vera and Jody Jones. How far was their home from his mother's home?
(a) Their home was less than a mile from his mother's home.
(b) Their home was 25 miles from his mother's home.
(c) Their home 100 miles from his mother's home.
(d) Their home was more than a mile from his mother's home.
8. What did David and Harold begin to argue over in the "Coming Around" chapter?
(a) The reading lamp.
(b) The way David completed his chores.
(c) The couch.
(d) The car.
9. Why did David feel he did well at the juvenile lock-up?
(a) He received an award for his behavior.
(b) He made many life-long friends.
(c) He liked the strict routine and knew what to expect.
(d) He had lots of frredom and could do what he wanted.
10. David did finally receive his G.E.D to quiet Alice's nagging. What did he do after he received it?
(a) He went to college.
(b) He started a band.
(c) He never received his G.E.D.
(d) He joined the Air Force.
11. On Saturdays, what in special event did David and Alice partake?
(a) They went to music concerts.
(b) They played games.
(c) They went to dances.
(d) They went to the movies.
12. Who was the superintendent of the Hill's C-Wing?
(a) Carl Miguel.
(b) Rudy Cantanze.
(c) Gordon Hutcheson.
(d) Ms. Gold.
13. What did Uncle Lee say destroyed Stephen?
(a) His son reporting the abuse.
(b) His job.
(c) His son starting a fire.
(d) His marriage to Roerva.
14. Why was the Jones' foster care home closed down?
(a) Mr. Jones was accused of rape.
(b) Mrs. Jones wanted a divorce.
(c) Mr. Jones wanted a divorce.
(d) Mrs. Jones died.
15. What did Johnny Jones dare David to do?
(a) Steal a beer from the grocery store.
(b) Steal a magazine from the book store.
(c) Steal an airplane from Walgreen's.
(d) Steal a pen from their teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wing in the Hill was David eventually moved to?
2. What did David's mother stand up and shout during the hearing?
3. After the Johnny Jones task, David meets with Ms. Gold. What does he tell her?
4. What did David's mother tell officials David intentionally did?
5. When David is 17, he becomes bored with school. He knows he will be leaving the foster care system soon and has a more important interest. What interest is more important to him than school?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)