|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did David feel he did well at the juvenile lock-up?
(a) He made many life-long friends.
(b) He had lots of frredom and could do what he wanted.
(c) He liked the strict routine and knew what to expect.
(d) He received an award for his behavior.
2. Who do Carlos and David bump into while at an elementary school near their middle school?
(a) Rick, David's brother.
(b) Russell, David's brother.
(c) John, David's brother.
(d) Kevin, David's brother.
3. Who drove David to the Hill?
(b) Ms. Gold.
4. What did Lilian bring with her on her visit to the Hill?
(a) She brought David's pet turtle.
(b) She brought David's bike.
(c) She brought David new clothes.
(d) She brought David's brothers.
5. What realization did David have after meeting with his father in the "Break Away" chapter?
(a) That he would move in with his father when he turned 18.
(b) That he didn't love his father.
(c) That he would never see his father again.
(d) That he would see his father the next day.
6. David feels that the Turnbough residence will be his final foster home. What does David tear up while he's there?
(a) A postcard from his grandmother.
(b) The list of address of his previous foster homes.
(c) A note from his mother.
(d) A letter from his father.
7. Why does David want to keep his friendship with John?
(a) John is his only friend.
(b) He is scared of John.
(c) He feels sorry for John.
(d) John threatened him.
8. Who did David say were his true mother and father?
(a) Roerva and Stephen Pelzer.
(b) Lilian and Rudy Cantanze.
(c) Alice and Harold Turnbough.
(d) Vera and Jody Jones.
9. After his punishment for the Johnny Jones task, what does David do on an impulse?
(a) Spends all his money.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Beats up Johnny Jones.
10. Who did David think of when he was aboard a 747 heading for his new life?
(a) Jody Jones.
(b) Stephen Pelzer.
(c) Alice Turnbough.
(d) Michael Marsh.
11. When David is 17, who does he become obsessed with finding?
(a) His brothers.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) Ms. Gold.
12. Who is David's first visitor at the Hill?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Catanze.
(b) His mother.
(c) Ms. Gold.
(d) His father.
13. From whose arms did Gordan have to physically remove David when it was time to leave?
(b) Big Larry's.
14. What did David's mother tell officials David intentionally did?
(a) She said he intentionally stole food.
(b) She said he intentionally hit her.
(c) She said he intentionally ruined her life.
(d) She said he intentionally started fires in her home.
15. What wing in the Hill was David eventually moved to?
(a) The A-Wing.
(b) The C-Wing.
(c) The D-Wing.
(d) The F-Wing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is David mad at after he completes the Johnny Jones task?
2. David is sent to live with Harold and Alice Turnbough. What aren't The Turnboughs licensed for?
3. When David is 15, he feels that the countdown to his 18th birthday has begun. He knows when he is 18 he will have to leave the foster care system. What step does David take to prepare for this event?
4. What special task do the Turnboughs do for David?
5. What was David's father afraid would happen if his co-workers found out his son started a fire?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)