|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did David's mother stand up and shout during the hearing?
(a) She shouted that the court was wrong and that David was evil.
(b) She shouted that she loved David.
(c) She shouted that she was sorry.
(d) She shouted that she was happy for David's punishment.
2. From whose arms did Gordan have to physically remove David when it was time to leave?
(b) Big Larry's.
3. Where did Rudy threaten to take David if he didn't change his attitude?
(a) The Hill.
(b) The Hall.
(c) The Garage.
(d) The Big House.
4. Who did David think of when he was aboard a 747 heading for his new life?
(a) Alice Turnbough.
(b) Jody Jones.
(c) Michael Marsh.
(d) Stephen Pelzer.
5. After the failed plan, what does David beg John to do?
(a) He asks him to run away.
(b) He asks him to stay the night.
(c) He asks him to tell the truth.
(d) He asks him to lie.
6. Who do Carlos and David bump into while at an elementary school near their middle school?
(a) Rick, David's brother.
(b) Russell, David's brother.
(c) Kevin, David's brother.
(d) John, David's brother.
7. What plan does John concoct that David eagerly goes along with and brags about to his classmates?
(a) To play a prank on a classmate.
(b) To beat up a teacher.
(c) To burn down Mr. Smith's classroom.
(d) To run away together.
8. Where did David have to go after he was blamed for John's plan?
(a) He had to go to the Hill.
(b) He had to go to his mother's house.
(c) He had to go to the store.
(d) He had to go to Ms. Gold's house.
9. In order to stay friends, what task does John ask David to complete?
(a) He asks him to let the air out of the teachers tires.
(b) He asks him to start a fight.
(c) He asks him to bust out the windows of a car.
(d) He asks him to run away.
10. What did David's new psychiatrist feel David would benefit from reading?
(a) Animal books.
(b) Education books.
(c) Psychology books.
(d) Medical books.
11. After David leaves the Turnbough house, who does he move in with?
(a) The Smiths.
(b) The Walshes.
(c) The Cantanzes.
(d) The Jones.
12. David begins to see a new psychiatrist during his time with the Turnboughs. Who is his new doctor?
(a) Stephen Pelzer.
(b) Alice Turnbough.
(c) Harold Turnbough.
(d) Donald Roberson.
13. While living with the Jones, David becomes best friends with what person?
14. Gordan visits David in July 1974, what is the purpose of the visit?
(a) To tell David he is going to be his foster parent.
(b) To tell David it is time to move.
(c) To tell David he has to go back to his mother's.
(d) To tell David the Cantanzes want to adopt him.
15. When David is a sophomore in high school, what program does his school place him in?
(a) An advanced learning program.
(b) A slow learner program.
(c) A work-school program.
(d) A vocational program.
Short Answer Questions
1. David did finally receive his G.E.D to quiet Alice's nagging. What did he do after he received it?
2. What did Lilian tell David about his turtle on the ride home to The Cantanzes' house?
3. Why was David removed from the Nulls' home?
4. What wing in the Hill was David eventually moved to?
5. Summer is over and David returns to school. Who 'befriends' David?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)