|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David is 17, who does he become obsessed with finding?
(a) His brothers.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
2. At David's new foster home in the "Coming Around" chapter, the foster parents decided to move. What did David assume would happen when they moved?
(a) He assumed nothing, because the family didn't move.
(b) He would be placed in a new foster home.
(c) He would move to his mother's.
(d) He would move with them.
3. While living with the Jones, David becomes best friends with what person?
4. What do David and his brother agree to do the following day?
(a) They agree to meet again.
(b) They agree to run away.
(c) They agree to never speak again.
(d) They agree to become friends.
5. When David is a sophomore in high school, what program does his school place him in?
(a) An advanced learning program.
(b) A slow learner program.
(c) A vocational program.
(d) A work-school program.
6. Why was David removed from the Nulls' home?
(a) They were getting a divorce.
(b) They were moving.
(c) They lost their foster parent license.
(d) They were having a baby.
7. What happened to David when he called a girl a 'horror'?
(a) The girl told her parents, and David went to the Hill.
(b) Nothing, The girl thought it was funny.
(c) Her brother beat him up after school.
(d) The girl told the teacher, and David got detention.
8. What was David's father afraid would happen if his co-workers found out his son started a fire?
(a) He was afraid it would hurt his career.
(b) He was afraid they would throw him a party.
(c) He was afraid they would stop talking to him.
(d) He was afraid they would tease him.
9. David begins to see a new psychiatrist during his time with the Turnboughs. Who is his new doctor?
(a) Harold Turnbough.
(b) Alice Turnbough.
(c) Stephen Pelzer.
(d) Donald Roberson.
10. Who is Uncle Lee?
(a) David's mother's brother.
(b) David's former foster parent.
(c) A Pelzer family friend.
(d) David's father's brother.
11. Who moves into the Turnbough house that David does not like?
12. Why does David want to keep his friendship with John?
(a) He feels sorry for John.
(b) John threatened him.
(c) John is his only friend.
(d) He is scared of John.
13. What information does David's second visitor at the Hill tell him?
(a) That David will be asked to leave the Hill soon.
(b) This second visitor wants David to live with them.
(c) That his mother wants him back.
(d) That his mother is trying to have him put in a mental institution.
14. Where did David finally find his Father?
(a) At the Mission District.
(b) At the mall.
(c) At the bus stop.
(d) At the firehouse.
15. After the failed plan, where does David spend the night?
(a) At the park.
(b) In John's bedroom.
(c) At Ms. Gold's.
(d) In John's clubhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. David feels that the Turnbough residence will be his final foster home. What does David tear up while he's there?
2. What realization did David have after meeting with his father in the "Break Away" chapter?
3. What plan does John concoct that David eagerly goes along with and brags about to his classmates?
4. How did David really feel about the plan he was bragging about to his classmates?
5. What did Lilian bring with her on her visit to the Hill?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)