|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David realize when Carlos and he see his brother?
(a) That his brother hates him.
(b) That his brother is now the one being abused.
(c) That his brother is now in foster care.
(d) That his brother is living with their father.
2. When David is 15, he feels that the countdown to his 18th birthday has begun. He knows when he is 18 he will have to leave the foster care system. What step does David take to prepare for this event?
(a) David does nothing to prepare for this event.
(b) David begins working.
(c) David begins begging for an allowance.
(d) David begins stealing.
3. What actions cause David to gain acceptance from his peers?
4. Who did David say were his true mother and father?
(a) Alice and Harold Turnbough.
(b) Roerva and Stephen Pelzer.
(c) Lilian and Rudy Cantanze.
(d) Vera and Jody Jones.
5. What happened to David when he called a girl a 'horror'?
(a) The girl told the teacher, and David got detention.
(b) Her brother beat him up after school.
(c) The girl told her parents, and David went to the Hill.
(d) Nothing, The girl thought it was funny.
6. What wing in the Hill was David eventually moved to?
(a) The C-Wing.
(b) The F-Wing.
(c) The D-Wing.
(d) The A-Wing.
7. When David is moved to his next foster home, Joanne and Michael Nulls, how does Joanne treat David?
(a) She treats David like a husband.
(b) She treats David like a baby.
(c) She treats David like a friend.
(d) She treats David like a dog.
8. What arrangements did Gordan have to make for David because he couldn't find a foster home for him?
(a) David had to stay at the Cantanzes'.
(b) David had to stay with Gordan.
(c) David had to stay with his mother.
(d) David had to stay at the Hill.
9. At David's new foster home in the "Coming Around" chapter, the foster parents decided to move. What did David assume would happen when they moved?
(a) He would move to his mother's.
(b) He would move with them.
(c) He would be placed in a new foster home.
(d) He assumed nothing, because the family didn't move.
10. In order to stay friends, what task does John ask David to complete?
(a) He asks him to let the air out of the teachers tires.
(b) He asks him to start a fight.
(c) He asks him to run away.
(d) He asks him to bust out the windows of a car.
11. After his punishment for the Johnny Jones task, what does David do on an impulse?
(a) Spends all his money.
(b) Runs away.
(d) Beats up Johnny Jones.
12. Why does David want to keep his friendship with John?
(a) John is his only friend.
(b) He feels sorry for John.
(c) He is scared of John.
(d) John threatened him.
13. What did Lilian tell David about his turtle on the ride home to The Cantanzes' house?
(a) She said she gave it to another child.
(b) She said it was soup.
(c) She said it ran away.
(d) She said it died.
14. What did David's new psychiatrist feel David would benefit from reading?
(a) Animal books.
(b) Psychology books.
(c) Education books.
(d) Medical books.
15. David's father says he can forgive David for causing the family problems, but what can't he forgive him for?
(a) He can't forgive him for running away.
(b) He can't forgive him for 'starting a fire.'
(c) He can't forgive him for his divorce.
(d) He can't forgive him for going to the Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did David quit school?
2. After the failed plan, where does David spend the night?
3. Summer is over and David returns to school. Who 'befriends' David?
4. What plan does John concoct that David eagerly goes along with and brags about to his classmates?
5. When David is 17, who does he become obsessed with finding?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)