|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Summer is over and David returns to school. Who 'befriends' David?
2. Gordan visits David in July 1974, what is the purpose of the visit?
(a) To tell David he has to go back to his mother's.
(b) To tell David he is going to be his foster parent.
(c) To tell David it is time to move.
(d) To tell David the Cantanzes want to adopt him.
3. One day, David arrives at school and sees that John had attempted to go through with the plan. What happens as a result?
(a) Everyone thinks David is a hero.
(b) Everyone blames John.
(c) Everyone thinks David set the fire.
(d) Nothing, nobody cares about the plan.
4. Who is David's first visitor at the Hill?
(a) His father.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) His mother.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Catanze.
5. Where did David have to go after he was blamed for John's plan?
(a) He had to go to the store.
(b) He had to go to his mother's house.
(c) He had to go to the Hill.
(d) He had to go to Ms. Gold's house.
6. When David arrives at The Catanzes' house after his release from the Hill, what do the other foster children do?
(a) They avoid him.
(b) They play a game with him.
(c) They look at him differently.
(d) They throw him a party.
7. After David left the Nulls', he was placed with Vera and Jody Jones. How far was their home from his mother's home?
(a) Their home 100 miles from his mother's home.
(b) Their home was less than a mile from his mother's home.
(c) Their home was 25 miles from his mother's home.
(d) Their home was more than a mile from his mother's home.
8. Who was David's second visitor at The Hill?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(d) His father.
9. What did David's mother tell officials David intentionally did?
(a) She said he intentionally hit her.
(b) She said he intentionally ruined her life.
(c) She said he intentionally stole food.
(d) She said he intentionally started fires in her home.
10. When David is 17, he becomes bored with school. He knows he will be leaving the foster care system soon and has a more important interest. What interest is more important to him than school?
(a) None, he loves school.
(b) His motorbike.
(c) Working to earn money.
11. Who becomes David's probation officer?
(a) Gordon Hutcheson.
(b) Carl Miguel.
(c) Stephen Pelzer.
(d) Ms. Gold.
12. After David leaves the Jones' foster home, which foster home did he revisit?
(a) The Nulls'.
(b) The Golds'.
(c) The Turnboughs'.
(d) The Cantanzes'.
13. How does David feel when he's moved to the new wing at the Hill?
(a) He feels sad.
(b) He feels afraid.
(c) He feels safe.
(d) He feels threaten.
14. After seeing his brother, David holds up his end of the agreement and tries to meet with him the following day. Who is with his brother?
(b) Mrs. Jones.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
15. How did David really feel about the plan he was bragging about to his classmates?
(a) He thought it would never happen.
(b) He thought it would be an adventure.
(c) He thought it would be boring.
(d) He thought it would be fun.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Johnny Jones task, David meets with Ms. Gold. What does he tell her?
2. Where did David finally find his Father?
3. What did Johnny Jones dare David to do?
4. What was David's father afraid would happen if his co-workers found out his son started a fire?
5. What did Lilian tell David about his turtle on the ride home to The Cantanzes' house?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)