|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the failed plan, what does David beg John to do?
(a) He asks him to lie.
(b) He asks him to stay the night.
(c) He asks him to tell the truth.
(d) He asks him to run away.
2. Gordan visits David in July 1974, what is the purpose of the visit?
(a) To tell David it is time to move.
(b) To tell David he has to go back to his mother's.
(c) To tell David the Cantanzes want to adopt him.
(d) To tell David he is going to be his foster parent.
3. What grade is David getting ready to enter when he lives with the Catanzes?
(a) 6th grade.
(b) 7th grade.
(c) 5th grade.
(d) 4th grade.
4. What do David and his brother agree to do the following day?
(a) They agree to never speak again.
(b) They agree to meet again.
(c) They agree to become friends.
(d) They agree to run away.
5. When David is 17, he becomes bored with school. He knows he will be leaving the foster care system soon and has a more important interest. What interest is more important to him than school?
(a) None, he loves school.
(b) His motorbike.
(c) Working to earn money.
6. David is sent to live with Harold and Alice Turnbough. What aren't The Turnboughs licensed for?
(a) They are not licensed to take boys.
(b) They are not licensed to have foster children,
(c) They are not licensed to drive.
(d) They are not licensed to take girls.
7. David did finally receive his G.E.D to quiet Alice's nagging. What did he do after he received it?
(a) He joined the Air Force.
(b) He never received his G.E.D.
(c) He started a band.
(d) He went to college.
8. What was the occupation of David's Father?
(a) He was a doctor.
(b) He was a firefighter.
(c) He was a police officer.
(d) He was a teacher.
9. Where did Rudy threaten to take David if he didn't change his attitude?
(a) The Hill.
(b) The Big House.
(c) The Garage.
(d) The Hall.
10. Who moves into the Turnbough house that David does not like?
11. What happened to David when he called a girl a 'horror'?
(a) Her brother beat him up after school.
(b) Nothing, The girl thought it was funny.
(c) The girl told the teacher, and David got detention.
(d) The girl told her parents, and David went to the Hill.
12. What realization did David have after meeting with his father in the "Break Away" chapter?
(a) That he would see his father the next day.
(b) That he would never see his father again.
(c) That he would move in with his father when he turned 18.
(d) That he didn't love his father.
13. From whose arms did Gordan have to physically remove David when it was time to leave?
(c) Big Larry's.
14. What information does David's second visitor at the Hill tell him?
(a) That his mother is trying to have him put in a mental institution.
(b) That his mother wants him back.
(c) This second visitor wants David to live with them.
(d) That David will be asked to leave the Hill soon.
15. After the failed plan, where does David spend the night?
(a) In John's clubhouse.
(b) At Ms. Gold's.
(c) In John's bedroom.
(d) At the park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did David say were his true mother and father?
2. Who is David mad at after he completes the Johnny Jones task?
3. What did David's mother tell officials David intentionally did?
4. Who was the superintendent of the Hill's C-Wing?
5. What was David's father afraid would happen if his co-workers found out his son started a fire?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)