|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes David's probation officer?
(a) Gordon Hutcheson.
(b) Stephen Pelzer.
(c) Ms. Gold.
(d) Carl Miguel.
2. When David is 17, who does he become obsessed with finding?
(a) His mother.
(b) Ms. Gold.
(c) His brothers.
(d) His father.
3. When David is moved to his next foster home, Joanne and Michael Nulls, how does Joanne treat David?
(a) She treats David like a husband.
(b) She treats David like a dog.
(c) She treats David like a baby.
(d) She treats David like a friend.
4. What does David begin to turn off because of all the drama that's been in his life?
(a) His fears.
(b) His understanding,
(c) His hearing,
(d) His emotions.
5. What actions cause David to gain acceptance from his peers?
6. Where did Rudy threaten to take David if he didn't change his attitude?
(a) The Hill.
(b) The Big House.
(c) The Hall.
(d) The Garage.
7. What did David's mother tell officials David intentionally did?
(a) She said he intentionally ruined her life.
(b) She said he intentionally hit her.
(c) She said he intentionally stole food.
(d) She said he intentionally started fires in her home.
8. David did finally receive his G.E.D to quiet Alice's nagging. What did he do after he received it?
(a) He started a band.
(b) He never received his G.E.D.
(c) He joined the Air Force.
(d) He went to college.
9. Who was David's second visitor at The Hill?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(d) His brother.
10. Why was the Jones' foster care home closed down?
(a) Mrs. Jones died.
(b) Mrs. Jones wanted a divorce.
(c) Mr. Jones wanted a divorce.
(d) Mr. Jones was accused of rape.
11. When David is 15, he feels that the countdown to his 18th birthday has begun. He knows when he is 18 he will have to leave the foster care system. What step does David take to prepare for this event?
(a) David begins working.
(b) David does nothing to prepare for this event.
(c) David begins begging for an allowance.
(d) David begins stealing.
12. Who do Carlos and David bump into while at an elementary school near their middle school?
(a) John, David's brother.
(b) Kevin, David's brother.
(c) Russell, David's brother.
(d) Rick, David's brother.
13. What information does David's second visitor at the Hill tell him?
(a) That David will be asked to leave the Hill soon.
(b) That his mother wants him back.
(c) That his mother is trying to have him put in a mental institution.
(d) This second visitor wants David to live with them.
14. What did Uncle Lee say destroyed Stephen?
(a) His job.
(b) His son reporting the abuse.
(c) His marriage to Roerva.
(d) His son starting a fire.
15. After the failed plan, what does David beg John to do?
(a) He asks him to tell the truth.
(b) He asks him to run away.
(c) He asks him to stay the night.
(d) He asks him to lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did David feel he did well at the juvenile lock-up?
2. When David arrives at The Catanzes' house after his release from the Hill, what do the other foster children do?
3. What does David work hard to do when he first arrives at the Hill?
4. David feels that the Turnbough residence will be his final foster home. What does David tear up while he's there?
5. When David is a sophomore in high school, what program does his school place him in?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)