|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was David's father afraid would happen if his co-workers found out his son started a fire?
(a) He was afraid they would stop talking to him.
(b) He was afraid they would throw him a party.
(c) He was afraid it would hurt his career.
(d) He was afraid they would tease him.
2. After David leaves the Turnbough house, who does he move in with?
(a) The Walshes.
(b) The Smiths.
(c) The Jones.
(d) The Cantanzes.
3. What does David begin to turn off because of all the drama that's been in his life?
(a) His understanding,
(b) His emotions.
(c) His hearing,
(d) His fears.
4. What information does David's second visitor at the Hill tell him?
(a) That his mother is trying to have him put in a mental institution.
(b) This second visitor wants David to live with them.
(c) That his mother wants him back.
(d) That David will be asked to leave the Hill soon.
5. David begins to see a new psychiatrist during his time with the Turnboughs. Who is his new doctor?
(a) Stephen Pelzer.
(b) Alice Turnbough.
(c) Harold Turnbough.
(d) Donald Roberson.
6. Why did David feel he did well at the juvenile lock-up?
(a) He had lots of frredom and could do what he wanted.
(b) He received an award for his behavior.
(c) He made many life-long friends.
(d) He liked the strict routine and knew what to expect.
7. What was the occupation of David's Father?
(a) He was a doctor.
(b) He was a police officer.
(c) He was a teacher.
(d) He was a firefighter.
8. What did Lilian tell David about his turtle on the ride home to The Cantanzes' house?
(a) She said it died.
(b) She said she gave it to another child.
(c) She said it ran away.
(d) She said it was soup.
9. Where did Rudy threaten to take David if he didn't change his attitude?
(a) The Hall.
(b) The Hill.
(c) The Big House.
(d) The Garage.
10. On Saturdays, what in special event did David and Alice partake?
(a) They went to music concerts.
(b) They went to dances.
(c) They went to the movies.
(d) They played games.
11. Who moves into the Turnbough house that David does not like?
12. What does David work hard to do when he first arrives at the Hill?
(a) David works hard to receive good grades.
(b) David works hard to cause fights.
(c) David works hard to stay away from trouble.
(d) David works hard to please his mother.
13. David is sent to live with Harold and Alice Turnbough. What aren't The Turnboughs licensed for?
(a) They are not licensed to have foster children,
(b) They are not licensed to take boys.
(c) They are not licensed to take girls.
(d) They are not licensed to drive.
14. After the Johnny Jones task, David meets with Ms. Gold. What does he tell her?
(a) He tells her to take him back to his mother.
(b) He tells her he dislikes Lilian.
(c) He tells her he is constantly afraid.
(d) He tells her he hates her.
15. Why was David removed from the Nulls' home?
(a) They were moving.
(b) They were having a baby.
(c) They lost their foster parent license.
(d) They were getting a divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did David think of when he was aboard a 747 heading for his new life?
2. After the failed plan, what does David beg John to do?
3. How does David describe the new neighborhood that he and his foster family move to in the "Coming Around" chapter?
4. Who do Carlos and David bump into while at an elementary school near their middle school?
5. When David is a sophomore in high school, what program does his school place him in?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)