|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long were the innkeeper and her husband married?
2. Where does the narrator escape to upon leaving the inn.
3. What did the narrator learn about Wertheimer's hunting lodge in Traich?
4. What did Wertheimer demand of his guests at the feast he prepared?
5. According to the narrator, what does one need to restrain from suicide?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was significant of what Wertheimer did not leave behind?
2. Why did the narrator feel guilty about Wertheimer's death?
3. Explain why Wertheimer killed himself in the place he did?
4. Describe why the innkeeper became the innkeeper.
5. Compare and contrast the isolation of Wertheimer and Glenn.
6. How does Franz feel about Wertheimer and his death?
7. What does the innkeeper mention in regards to Wertheimer's finances?
8. Describe Wertheimer's funeral.
9. Describe the abuse Wertheimer's sister underwent from Wertheimer.
10. Discuss the power of condemnation.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Wertheimer's reaction to Glenn's death and his sister's abandonment. Explain how those events lead to the death of Wertheimer. Support your statements with examples and quotes from "The Loser."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the sole decision Wertheimer made in his life and how this decision effects "The Loser." Support your statements with examples and quotes from "The Loser."
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Franz's opinion of Wertheimer with that of his sister's opinion. What makes Wertheimer be viewed in such contrasting ways? Support your statements with examples and quotes from "The Loser."
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)