|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Wertheimer's sister sneak to in secret?
(a) To the bar.
(b) Evening mass.
(d) Her husband's house.
2. Who is Franz Kohlroser?
(a) The lodge's woodsman.
(b) Wertheimer's uncle.
(c) The lodge's butler.
(d) Wertheimer's brother.
3. Who did the innkeeper travel with to Hirschbach?
(a) Her dad.
(b) No one.
(c) Her mom.
(d) Her son.
4. Who's call did the trio of friends answer?
(b) Wertheimer's sister.
(c) The Innkeeper's.
5. According to the narrator, how do people judge others, no matter what they perceive?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Wertheimer lay in bed after he entertained his guests?
2. Who did the innkeeper take over the inn from?
3. Why does the narrator feel guilt towards Wertheimer?
4. Why did Wertheimer commit suicide?
5. What was Wertheimer unable to see himself as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Wertheimer end his dying party?
2. What was significant of what Wertheimer did not leave behind?
3. How did Wertheimer feel about his unhappiness?
4. What does the narrator think about after Wertheimer's funeral?
5. How does the narrator feel about Desselbrunn?
6. How is the innkeeper a contradictory character?
7. Explain why Wertheimer's sister felt uncomfortable in Traich.
8. Describe the innkeeper's relationship with Wertheimer.
9. Why did the Wertheimer family change?
10. Explain why Wertheimer killed himself in the place he did?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)