|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Wertheimer want to be?
(b) His sister.
(c) His sister's husband.
(d) The narrator.
2. What did Wertheimer promise to leave to the innkeeper if he died first?
(a) His bedroom furniture.
(b) A ring.
(c) A valuable necklace.
(d) A valuable bracelet.
3. What did the narrator decide not to sell?
(a) His apartments in Vienna and Dusselbrunn.
(b) His Steinway.
(c) His watch.
(d) His copy of "Goldberg Variations."
4. What does the narrator hope his writings will do for him?
(a) Allow him to sleep.
(b) Soothe him.
(c) Put his thoughts about Wertheimer together.
(d) Allow him to grieve.
5. How does Wertheimer's sister feel about Traich?
(a) She was never comfortable there.
(b) She loves it.
(c) She hates it.
(d) She wants to sell it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franz worry about?
2. Who did improve his talents through isolation?
3. What did the innkeeper ask in her letter?
4. Why does the narrator feel guilt towards Wertheimer?
5. What did Wertheimer love in association to death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the innkeeper's relationship with Wertheimer.
2. Why did the narrator feel guilty about Wertheimer's death?
3. According to the narrator, what is important about judging?
4. Compare and contrast the isolation of Wertheimer and Glenn.
5. Why did the Wertheimer family change?
6. How does Franz feel about Wertheimer and his death?
7. Why does the narrator not fit in among people in the inn?
8. What was significant of what Wertheimer did not leave behind?
9. Explain how the narrator feels about his depression.
10. Describe the abuse Wertheimer's sister underwent from Wertheimer.
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)