|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Wertheimer think his sister would do to escape?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Become Baptist.
(c) Convert to Catholicism.
(d) Get married.
2. How did Wertheimer treat his sister?
(a) With hate.
(c) With control.
(d) With love.
3. What did the innkeeper praise Wertheimer for?
(a) Being a refined gentleman.
(b) Being the best beer drinker.
(c) Being a great pianist.
(d) Being a good dad.
4. Who did improve his talents through isolation?
(c) The narrator.
5. Who is Franz Kohlroser?
(a) The lodge's woodsman.
(b) Wertheimer's uncle.
(c) The lodge's butler.
(d) Wertheimer's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Wertheimer play better than?
2. Why did Wertheimer refuse to perform?
3. According to the narrator, what do people condemn people with?
4. What does the narrator compare Desselbrunn to?
5. Who did Wertheimer want to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happened when the narrator and Wertheimer tried to play a concert together.
2. Describe the abuse Wertheimer's sister underwent from Wertheimer.
3. What was significant about the Steinway the narrator gave away?
4. Describe why the innkeeper became the innkeeper.
5. How did Wertheimer end his dying party?
6. Describe Wertheimer's funeral.
7. Discuss Wertheimer's religious views.
8. Compare and contrast the isolation of Wertheimer and Glenn.
9. Discuss the power of condemnation.
10. What does the innkeeper mention in regards to Wertheimer's finances?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)