|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what was Wertheimer smitten?
(a) His failure.
(b) His sister's happiness.
(c) Glenn's talent.
(d) His happiness.
2. Where does the narrator take his hot tea?
(a) The lower portion of the inn.
(c) Outside on the porch.
(d) To his room.
3. What did the trio of friends never worry about?
(a) Making money.
(b) Paying rent.
(c) Buying a car.
(d) Performing for audiences.
4. How did Wertheimer treat his sister?
(a) With love.
(b) With hate.
(d) With control.
5. Who did the innkeeper take over the inn from?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her late husband.
(d) Her dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Wertheimer force his sister to do for him in the middle of the night?
2. Who did Wertheimer emulate?
3. What did Wertheimer promise to leave to the innkeeper if he died first?
4. Why was Wertheimer a failure from the beginning?
5. According to the narrator, what is the only escape from oneself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Wertheimer's sister felt uncomfortable in Traich.
2. How does Franz feel about Wertheimer and his death?
3. Describe why the innkeeper became the innkeeper.
4. What does the narrator think about after Wertheimer's funeral?
5. How does the narrator feel about Desselbrunn?
6. How did Wertheimer feel about his unhappiness?
7. Explain how the narrator feels about his depression.
8. Describe what happened when the narrator and Wertheimer tried to play a concert together.
9. Why did the Wertheimer family change?
10. What was significant of what Wertheimer did not leave behind?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)