|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the narrator escape from during the years he did not see Wertheimer or Glenn?
(a) Frankfurt and Germany.
(b) Madrid and Spain.
(c) Florence and Italy.
(d) Vienna and Austria.
2. Where did Glenn go when the narrator and Wertheimer remark that Glenn is lost in his art?
3. What was Wertheimer arrogant about?
(a) Studying music when he was incapable of living.
(b) His piano collection.
(c) His muscles.
(d) His talent.
4. What is the narrator tormented by?
(a) Wertheimer's death.
(b) His failure.
(c) His mom's death.
(d) Glenn's death.
5. What was the status of the trio of friends' families?
(a) They are wealthy.
(b) They are poor.
(c) They are dumb.
(d) They are aristocrats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Glenn play at the Salzburg Festival?
2. Who did Wertheimer reach out to to save him?
3. What tormented Wertheimer?
4. What does the narrator say about Glenn?
5. What term did the narrator use to describe Glenn that Glenn often used after?
Short Essay Questions
1. What marked Wertheimer's deterioration?
2. Describe the emphasis the narrator places on the way Glenn died.
3. How did Wertheimer attempt to save himself?
4. Describe the way the three friend's perceived New York City.
5. What did Glenn desire in people?
6. How did Wertheimer behave in relation to the narrator in Section 7?
7. Describe how the narrator feels about suicide.
8. How did Wertheimer react when his sister moved out of their house?
9. What did Wertheimer and the narrator resort to after they quit playing piano?
10. Discuss the role of Traich in connection to Wertheimer.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)