|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the trio of friends study?
(b) The Mozarteum.
(d) Bach's home.
2. What does the narrator say about Glenn?
(a) He was homosexual.
(b) He missed him.
(c) His talent inspried him and Wertheimer.
(d) He was untalented.
3. Who was the weakest of the three friends?
(a) The narrator.
(d) Wertheimer's sister.
4. What did Glenn hate?
(a) His mom.
(d) The piano.
5. Why did Wertheimer think his sister's husband married her?
(a) For her wealth.
(b) For her looks.
(c) For her cooking.
(d) For her smell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Glenn and Wertheimer move to?
2. What was the status of the trio of friends' families?
3. Where does the narrator go after the death of Glenn and Wertheimer?
4. Who else confirmed the narrator's opinion that Glenn was extraordinary?
5. What happened to Wertheimer when he left his house after his sister moved out?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Wertheimer react when his sister moved out of their house?
2. How did Wertheimer behave in relation to the narrator in Section 7?
3. How does the narrator feel about Horowitz?
4. What did Wertheimer and the narrator resort to after they quit playing piano?
5. How did Wertheimer and his sister view their inheritance?
6. Discuss the role of Traich in connection to Wertheimer.
7. Why were Glenn and Wertheimer compared to each other in Section 2?
8. Describe how Glenn became "Glenn Gould."
9. Describe what is significant about the Mozarteum.
10. Describe the way the three friend's perceived New York City.
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)