|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the status of the trio of friends' families?
(a) They are wealthy.
(b) They are aristocrats.
(c) They are poor.
(d) They are dumb.
2. What was one characteristic of Glenn?
(a) He smiled a lot.
(b) He hated the piano.
(c) He hated his mom.
(d) He laughed a lot.
3. How old was Wertheimer when he commited suicide?
(a) 51 years old.
(b) 52 years old.
(c) 53 years old.
(d) 66 years old.
4. What did Glenn nickname Wertheimer?
(a) The loser.
(c) Priest Wertheimer.
(d) The philosopher.
5. From what did Glenn barricade himself?
(a) The public.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator go after the death of Glenn and Wertheimer?
2. How long did the narrator vow to stay away from Desselbrunn?
3. How long did the narrator and Wertheimer spend visiting Glenn in America?
4. What is the narrator tormented by?
5. What did the narrator and Wertheimer relinquish after studying with Glenn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the narrator feel about Horowitz as a teacher?
2. How did Wertheimer view life by the end of Section 5, after they go to New York City?
3. Describe the item that was left in the three friends apartment that they rented in Leopoldskron.
4. Describe how Wertheimer felt about traveling and his family.
5. How was Wertheimer's suicide ironic?
6. Discuss the role of Traich in connection to Wertheimer.
7. Discuss the narrator's desire and motivation for studying the piano.
8. Describe what the narrator said people knew and thought about Glenn.
9. Describe how Glenn became "Glenn Gould."
10. Describe the feelings the narrator and Glenn both had towards the public.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)