|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What purpose did the sculptures serve in the house in Leopoldskron?
(a) They don't serve a purpose.
(b) To improve the acoustics of the room.
(c) To hang things.
(d) To scare guests.
2. According to Wertheimer's attempts to reach out to people, what do complicated people not understand?
(a) The piano.
(c) Simple people.
3. What did Wertheimer and his sister have no interest in?
(a) Moving to a new house.
(b) Their inheritance.
(c) Each other.
(d) Buying a car.
4. Where did Glenn and Wertheimer move to?
(a) The country.
(b) An island.
(c) A small cottage.
(d) The city.
5. Who did the trio of friends study under?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away is Desselbrunn from where the narrator stayed when he visited Wertheimer?
2. Why did the narrator study music?
3. What did Glenn's fans know about him?
4. Who did Wertheimer hate as much as traveling?
5. What did the narrator and Wertheimer relinquish after studying with Glenn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Wertheimer and his sister's relationship.
2. Describe the significance of the term "piano radicalism."
3. How did the narrator feel about Horowitz as a teacher?
4. How did Wertheimer attempt to save himself?
5. Discuss the role of Traich in connection to Wertheimer.
6. How did Wertheimer view life by the end of Section 5, after they go to New York City?
7. Why were Glenn and Wertheimer compared to each other in Section 2?
8. Describe the item that was left in the three friends apartment that they rented in Leopoldskron.
9. What showed the narrator's depression in Section 3?
10. Why were the "Goldberg Variations" significant to the narrator and Wertheimer?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)