|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Wertheimer give up playing the piano?
(a) After hearing Glenn speak.
(b) After seeing Glenn perform.
(c) After hearing the narrator.
(d) After hearing Glenn play a few bars.
2. How did Glenn die?
(a) A tumor.
(b) A car wreck.
(d) Natural causes.
3. According to the narrator's list of statements, what type of people are amazed?
(a) Intelligent people.
(b) Complicated people.
(c) Stupid people.
(d) Insane people.
4. What did the narrator refer to Wertheimer as in Section 3?
(a) "The loser."
(b) "The offended one."
(c) "The lost marbles."
(d) "The basket case."
5. What did the narrator begin to study after he stops playing the piano?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Glenn and Wertheimer move to?
2. What was Wertheimer's sole decision?
3. What tormented Wertheimer?
4. What did Wertheimer copy from the narrator?
5. What different skill does the narrator posses?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Wertheimer view life by the end of Section 5, after they go to New York City?
2. What showed the narrator's depression in Section 3?
3. How did the narrator feel about Horowitz as a teacher?
4. Describe how Glenn became "Glenn Gould."
5. How was Wertheimer's suicide ironic?
6. What was ironic about Wertheimer's desire to write "The Loser"?
7. Describe the feelings the narrator and Glenn both had towards the public.
8. How did Wertheimer behave in relation to the narrator in Section 7?
9. Describe the way the three friend's perceived New York City.
10. Describe what the narrator said people knew and thought about Glenn.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)